Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most trivial test you have ever failed

I have a growing list.
The one that comes to mine is from 1984.
McDonalds in Windsor, I failed the employees fire safety test.

But I sense it can be beaten by the lovable collection of competency we know as Charlton Life

Comments

• Options
    The CL height test
  • Options
    I failed my cub's cycling badge when I was 9 because I kept on mixing up left and right. 
  • Options
    The CL height test
    I think many of us are in this category. Do we even have a test pass height?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    The CL height test
    I’m 5’ 9” and thats the same as Alfie May I think. He failed the CL height test.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The CL height test
    I’m 5’ 9” and thats the same as Alfie May I think. He failed the CL height test.
    You're bang average! (as am I).
  • Options
    #MeToo
  • Options
    I was trying so hard to stay awake as a lecturer droned on about magnetic fields. 

He suddenly stopped and said, 'Raith, do they attract or do they repel?'   Ah I thought,  he's giving me a 50/50 I've got to go for it.  I went for Attract.  There was a collective sharp intake of breath in the classroom that told me they (whatever 'they' were? ) actually repel.   The lecturer then asked me two subsequent questions, both of which I managed to get wrong.  My God he was on my case for the rest of the week, he'd often ask if there were any questions - but that became, 'have you any questions Raith?' 

That week couldn't end quick enough.   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I initially failed my PADI rescue divers exam. Not because I didn’t know the answers but the questions were ambiguous. The examiner then said Solid its quite simple as it was multiple choice. He gave an example of using one of the questions I had got wrong. We both eliminated the obvious wrong answers and then he said it’s obvious that the answer was B. It was the exact answer I had previously chosen which was marked incorrect. A bit of a red face moment for the examiner. He then verbally gave me two questions to answer which i answered correctly and then he said I had now passed the exam. I was going to go for the Dive Master certification but I doubt I would have passed the exam due to their poorly written questions.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I have a growing list.
    The one that comes to mine is from 1984.
    McDonalds in Windsor, I failed the employees fire safety test.

But I sense it can be beaten by the lovable collection of competency we know as Charlton Life

Wasn't me, I was on Trash Patrol and Apple pies duties only
  • Options
    I went for a job interview when I was in my 20s. I had to meet three different people and, at the end, do an IQ test. After I had met two people, I realised that I didn't want the job. I showed a lack of interest with the third interviewer and was about to leave the building when the woman looking after me ran after me and said that I needed to do the IQ test. I told her that I didn't want to do it. "You have to do the IQ test", she insisted, "Mr Biggs says so". I went into the room where the IQ test paper was on the desk. I deliberately answered every question wrongly. I still received a standard letter thanking me for attending the interview and regretting that they could not offer me the position.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    bobmunro said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    The CL height test
    Your bang average! (as am I).
    My wife already told me. ( me not you )
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I initially failed my PADI rescue divers exam. Not because I didn’t know the answers but the questions were ambiguous. The examiner then said Solid its quite simple as it was multiple choice. He gave an example of using one of the questions I had got wrong. We both eliminated the obvious wrong answers and then he said it’s obvious that the answer was B. It was the exact answer I had previously chosen which was marked incorrect. A bit of a red face moment for the examiner. He then verbally gave me two questions to answer which i answered correctly and then he said I had now passed the exam. I was going to go for the Dive Master certification but I doubt I would have passed the exam due to their poorly written questions.
    I'd love to go and obtain my PADI but see no real benefit with young kids... Holidays end up with childcare splits as they're too young for clubs etc. 

And it's not as cheap as when I initially intended to do it. 
  • Options
    I failed the B&Q personality profiling test so wasn’t invited to interview for a part time job 🥳
  • Options
    I failed the B&Q personality profiling test so wasn’t invited to interview for a part time job 🥳
    "Do you support a mediocre football team?"
  • Options
    Failed an eyesight test once, not a stringent one for the army or for driving or anything, but a specsavers one. When they keep asking you which is clearer A or B apparently my answers made no sense as I was just jumping between loads of different prescriptions and the person doing the test got fed up with me. I was 11 at the time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    Set up a deep sea submarine company instead no qualifications necessary 
  • Options
    My 11 plus....
  • Options
    I remember the 11 plus maths test as if it were yesterday. It started with easy questions, which then got more and more difficult as you went along. You had to complete as many questions as you could in the time available. It was impossible to finish them all. Anyway, the very first question was 8 + 5 = ?. Back in those days the teachers went in for good old public humiliation, so, after the exam I was hauled out to the front of the class to be asked why I was the only one in the whole school to have written 14 as the answer. I still managed to pass the 11 plus though. :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Just as a slight aside to this - I once found myself due to my job being an (already a bit unwilling) drivers mate for a delivery to deal with a customer complaint. When asked why I had never got around to me learning to drive myself, due to my nervousness as a passenger in even so much as a mini metro, let alone in a moving articulated vehicle was laughingly told by my driver - with whom I was risking my very being on this planet - had failed his test 7 times before passing.

I momentarily considered diving out of the window before realising we were doing 70 up the M11 at the time.... I think there are still my fingernail marks engraved into the passenger seat to this day.. 
  • Options
    to answer the question a little more directly - I work in retail and last year I was seconded to our head office - long term goal to see how the company ticks and perhaps move up - specifically into our HR department - baring in mind I have no training or qualifications in that role - we had just recently been taken over by another company so all employees had to undertake some relatively "basic" online training courses - whether at branch level or not.

I found myself having to stand over the shoulder of one pretty experienced HR person and helping her get through a number of multiple choice tests - varying from the titles "whistleblowing" and my favourite.. "code of conduct" she couldn't get her head around the fact that despite being multiple choice, it was a "choose as many answers that apply" kind of quiz... It certainly gave me pause when I went back to my branch lol
  • Options
    High jump,. neighbours garden. About 6 inches off the ground. Any day I said. Not that day.

I was about 4.... Reminded of it 40 years later...
  • Options
    I went for a job interview when I was in my 20s. I had to meet three different people and, at the end, do an IQ test. After I had met two people, I realised that I didn't want the job. I showed a lack of interest with the third interviewer and was about to leave the building when the woman looking after me ran after me and said that I needed to do the IQ test. I told her that I didn't want to do it. "You have to do the IQ test", she insisted, "Mr Biggs says so". I went into the room where the IQ test paper was on the desk. I deliberately answered every question wrongly. I still received a standard letter thanking me for attending the interview and regretting that they could not offer me the position.
    Well, if Mr Big(gs) said so, I can see why you couldn’t refuse. 
  • Options
    I remember the 11 plus maths test as if it were yesterday. It started with easy questions, which then got more and more difficult as you went along. You had to complete as many questions as you could in the time available. It was impossible to finish them all. Anyway, the very first question was 8 + 5 = ?. Back in those days the teachers went in for good old public humiliation, so, after the exam I was hauled out to the front of the class to be asked why I was the only one in the whole school to have written 14 as the answer. I still managed to pass the 11 plus though. :-)
    To which I hope you replied “it was in base nine, wasn’t it?”
  • Options
    I started full time work at 16 ( a long time ago!).

1st day going to work , i got on the tube, and too my absolute horror , didn't recognise the names of the tube station names, as the tube passed through,  i didn't realise the tube ran in different directions and i'd got on the one going in the opposite direction....
  • Options
    I started full time work at 16 ( a long time ago!).

1st day going to work , i got on the tube, and too my absolute horror , didn't recognise the names of the tube station names, as the tube passed through,  i didn't realise the tube ran in different directions and i'd got on the one going in the opposite direction....
    How had you planned to get home then?  :)