Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dele Alli

2»

Comments

• Options
    Very sad and hopefully he’s getting the right support from the right people and services. Child abusers obviously pray on the most vulnerable kids so it’s not hard to see what’s happened to him here.

I thought England should build a team around him at his peak. He was that good. I hope he gets his career and life back on track. 
  • Options
    Good on him for being so open. Hopefully a turning point for the guy. Lots of respect for him doing that interview.

In my opinion, and I'm no expert, if he wants to continue playing, I think that would be a good thing for him. A distraction from some of the other things that are clearly going on in his life. A man manager that can put his arm around him and can offer advice both on and off the pitch. To boot it needs to be a family club I reckon. At whatever level he decides to come back on I wish him every success. 
  • Options
    As much as he can be a good listen, when he fancies, this is where people like S Jordan can come across aa bullying people with a troubled past and current, without knowing anything about it.
  • Options
    Interesting to hear our former player, Mickey Bennett (now Dr Michael Bennett, Director of Player Welfare at the PFA for over 16 years to date) talking on Sky about why players feel the need to use sleeping tablets with the main issue being that these aren't, in most cases, being prescribed so clubs aren't aware that they are being taken. Quite how you stop that happening I really do not know. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I don't want to make light of this, I don't want to tell this as a joke. But it does feed into my criticism of Gary Neville, who is not an accomplished presenter, let alone interviewer (albeit one I would imagine Alli is comfortable talking to). 

But.. reaching out and touching the man's exposed knee after telling the childhood trauma bit was ill-advised. 
    Why was it? He was showing genuine emotion and wanting to let him know that it was ok and he was understanding. He knows him and they've had a professional working relationship. He was just reaching out to him. I thought it was a good, human, thing to do.
    Totally agree he was being a good guy but it was pure Alan Partridge.