Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Done - Panutche Camará signs on a season-long loan from Ipswich Town.

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Can’t wait for the Ipswich fans reaction when he ‘tunnel jumps’ !! 
    We going to draw them in the cup?
    On social media, they are still banging on about it whenever it happens 
    Ehh if you look long and hard enough there's always someone moaning about something. Is it their whole fanbase or a couple of weirdos?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I didn’t look long or hard @sam3110 , I just read a thread that was initiated by our own official twitter. I never said it was their whole fanbase, but you just crack on fella … 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Can’t wait for the Ipswich fans reaction when he ‘tunnel jumps’ !! 
    We going to draw them in the cup?
    On social media, they are still banging on about it whenever it happens 
    Ehh if you look long and hard enough there's always someone moaning about something. Is it their whole fanbase or a couple of weirdos?

I didn’t look long or hard @sam3110 , I just read a thread that was initiated by our own official twitter. I never said it was their whole fanbase, but you just crack on fella … 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Add "back with the group" to the dustbin of nonsense.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Lovely to see him with the group on the grass. Once fit, we’ll go again.
    But will we go again with the high press or the low block?  It's all about minutes.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Lovely to see him with the group on the grass. Once fit, we’ll go again.
    But will we go again with the high press or the low block?  It's all about minutes.
    Playing as a number 10.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Out for “at least three months”

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/panutche-camara-injury-update

Panutche Camará will be sidelined for a significant period of time after suffering a hamstring injury during Tuesday's 3-2 win at Wigan Athletic.

The midfielder, on loan from Ipswich Town, was forced off after 10 minutes at the DW Stadium.

“It’s not good so there’s no point dressing it up," said Michael Appleton. "It’s going to be at least three months and obviously I feel for Pan. He’s worked ever so hard to get himself in a position to play and you can see the ability that he’s got. 

"He covers the ground very well and you could argue that he’s almost quicker with the ball than he is without the ball," added the Head Coach. He’s had issues in the past with his hamstring and he’s not had a great time of it with injuries over the last couple of years."

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anotherone watching from the sideline for three months. Hopefully he will be fit just after the window closes in January.
    That will leave us really up in the air. 
  • Options
    Means he'll probably miss AFCON too which is obviously gutting for him
  • Options
    May as well send 4 of our 5 loanees back in Jan and just keep Watson (assuming we can).
    Outside Watson our loanee business this season has been woeful.
  • Options
    Can we cut the loan short does anyone know?

If he's out until February ish anyway at best, then needs to get match fit, feels a bit like a lost cause.
  • Options
    I'd unfortunately be looking to terminate the loan if he's out for 3 months , real real shame because he seems to be a great character around the squad and has looked good when fit. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this the last year of his contract at Ipswich? 

I doubt this will be a popular view, but I can see an argument for keeping hold, getting him back for the run in and signing him at a knock down wage in summer...
    Don't learn our lessons do we 😂
  • Options
    Is this the last year of his contract at Ipswich? 

I doubt this will be a popular view, but I can see an argument for keeping hold, getting him back for the run in and signing him at a knock down wage in summer...
    So we can carry on treating his injuries next season too but for less wages?
    We need someone to keep Chuks company  :s
  • Options
    Andy Scott: If you're reading this, do us a favour and keep away from Ipswich players. Camara, made of glass. Penney, not even worth that much. Fraser, Overrated, lightweight with no positional sense. 
  • Options
    Surely they recall him to look after his injury for themselves
  • Options
    Andy Scott: If you're reading this, do us a favour and keep away from Ipswich players. Camara, made of glass. Penney, not even worth that much. Fraser, Overrated, lightweight with no positional sense. 
    OR, the Ipswich players that played no contribution to their promotion or them being 2nd in the Championship?! I wasn't a huge fan of Bonne either. 
  • Options
    Holland and Bent were alright.
  • Options
    Most Ipswich players are fine, it's the ones they don't want we need to steer clear of!