Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Done - Panutche Camará signs on a season-long loan from Ipswich Town.

Comments

• Options
    Think Henry is there technically but the rest of his game needs a lot of work and the best thing for him would be to be playing every week in League 2 somewhere. One of those players that probably stands out a mile at age group level but just hasn't adapted yet to first team football. 
  • Options
    Henry has looked poor every time I've seen him play - not sure what he offers.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Think Henry is there technically but the rest of his game needs a lot of work and the best thing for him would be to be playing every week in League 2 somewhere. One of those players that probably stands out a mile at age group level but just hasn't adapted yet to first team football. 
    I don’t think there’s any chance a league 2 team would want him. He will go out on loan to the national league I think. He’s going to be the next Albie Morgan, technically capable of great things but doesn’t really fit into a midfield role as his all-round game isn’t there 
  • Options
    henry seems a bit like jfc to me - neat and tidy, technically good but just doesn't influence or dominate games - morgan had a champagne ball every now and then but not much else in my opinion - camara seems to be the missing link that fraser and dobson have been missing - a power house in the middle - its in the manual - just need one up top now  
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I think there is a chance a lower League One team could take Henry. We shouldn't demand that he must play and there is enough potential there and I could see teams like Cheltenham, Northampton and Stevenage being possibilities. There should be a higher number of League Two sides. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    The most dangerous loan signing we have had, on par with Cullen by the end of the season I reckon. 

I'm just gonna try my best to not get too attached 
  • Options
    I think there is a chance a lower League One team could take Henry. We shouldn't demand that he must play and there is enough potential there and I could see teams like Cheltenham, Northampton and Stevenage being possibilities. There should be a higher number of League Two sides. 
    I think this is a delusional view, but let's wait and see. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    The most dangerous loan signing we have had, on par with Cullen by the end of the season I reckon. 

I'm just gonna try my best to not get too attached 
    Rak Sakyi was a bit special , he’d do well to be as big an influence on our season as last years player of the season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I guess with Rak-Sakyi we knew it would be temporary. Plus he was from Palace. We could genuinely have signed Cullen, hopefully the same chance with Camara so won’t help with the attachment issue. 
  • Options
    I just want out of this league, if short term signings like Camara achieve that this season then great, will worry about a squad for multiple seasons when we are hopefully establishing ourselves in the Championship.

Same reason I was delighted with the signing of Alfie May despite his age. 
  • Options
    Haven't really been paying attention, what "type" of midfielder is he? Box to Box, creative, more of a number 10?
  • Options
    Haven't really been paying attention, what "type" of midfielder is he? Box to Box, creative, more of a number 10?
    He does not seem the type to kill the ball and ping the passes. He seems all action and energy.
  • Options
    Box to Box probably best describes him, good defensively and dangerous going forward. Very quick for a centre mid too.
  • Options
    Box to box, will get around the pitch that’s for sure 
  • Options
    thanks all! :)
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:
    I just want out of this league, if short term signings like Camara achieve that this season then great, will worry about a squad for multiple seasons when we are hopefully establishing ourselves in the Championship.

Same reason I was delighted with the signing of Alfie May despite his age. 
    Yeah, it's great to have players that could play at a higher level in future seasons.

But you can only play one season at a time.
    It's the Third Division. The team needs the right players now -  for this season, if we're to make a promotion push. 

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Panutche Camará record is 12 goals in 184 EFL matches so let hope by the time he runs from Cafc box to just short of the opposition's box he releases the ball to Fraser, Leaburn, May, CBT, Campbell or the new 15 goal a season forward we are going to get who can play central or wide in a two or 3 formation. 

Yes, good debut against Wealdstone but Aberdeen and Millwall will be a few step up and so will be Orient, 1st game up.

It just feels like Camará can put the wasted season(two hernias) of 22/23 season behind him and return to his Plymouth form.🤞
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very minor foot niggle?
  • Options
    Got a feeling from a few things Camara has posted on Instagram that he could be out longterm
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Got a feeling from a few things Camara has posted on Instagram that he could be out longterm
    Pls elaborate?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Is he still with us or is he back at Ipswich for treatment?
  • Options
    Signing somebody who hardly played the previous season, while sadly having to undergo 3 operations was always a risk.

It could end up another big cost.
  • Options
    According to the OS he was being 'assessed' ahead of tonight. If he was out long term (that suggests multiple months for me) then surely they wouldn't be saying that.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Probably played into us signing another CM on deadline day when we seemed pretty well stocked there 
  • Options
    According to the OS he was being 'assessed' ahead of tonight. If he was out long term (that suggests multiple months for me) then surely they wouldn't be saying that.
    It said the same thing about Chuks 😂
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Like what?