Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Done - Panutche Camará signs on a season-long loan from Ipswich Town.

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Adigun not being in/around it surprises me a bit, maybe he's loan listed?
    Or maybe they think the U21s football is the best place for his development at the moment?
  • Options
    He’s not wrong. Looks a proper player
  • Options
    After the season he had at Plymouth before his transfer and injury I’m surprised Ipswich didn’t keep him as I think he is easily championship quality
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    He totally ran the game today before he was subbed.
    Who still prefers to have kept Morgan?
    CL Poll... Would you rather have Albie Morgan on a three-year contract or Panutche Camara on a one-year loan. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    CL Poll... Would you rather have Albie Morgan on a three-year contract or Panutche Camara on a one-year loan. 
    Don’t even joke about Albie Morgan on a three year contract. Stuff nightmares are made of.
  • Options
    I had very little faith in the Recruitment after last summer - Honestly thought we would regret letting Morgan | Clare | Inniss go.

I've no complaints now though.
  • Options
    I just pray Ipswich don't recall him half way through the season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Let’s hope they have a good season with Morsy and Luongo running the show for them
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Unlikely as he'll probably be away anyway playing in the African Nations Cup (or whatever it's called). 
  • Options

The problem was over two seasons we didn't improve on Morgan, hence why he kept coming back into the side.
    I said I was looking forward to getting better player's than Morgan, Clare, Inniss in their respective positions.
    Morgan has a contract of two years and a one year option at Blackpool so he impressed a League 1 club. No one wanted him on loan two years ago so he did make progress.

We need to focus on the players who will be at Charlton for the 23/24 season and let this enjoyment at players who move on go.

Camará looked impressive today but let's see how Camará, Dobson and Fraser work in tantrum, as well as the link up play with May. 
    Promising signs but lots of work to blend this squad into a top six team. 
  • Options
    Who still prefers to have kept Morgan

I know at least one person.
  • Options
    Don’t think anyone wanted to keep Morgan and have him in the first choice 11. Would you rather have Morgan or McGrandles is probably the more relevant question
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Don’t think anyone wanted to keep Morgan and have him in the first choice 11. Would you rather have Morgan or McGrandles is probably the more relevant question

Can Anderson gazump both Henry and McGrandles ? Looks a strong and skilled player and definitely has a chance. Henry may need a loan and I still need to see more of McGrandles to give an appraisal. 
    Not a lot of time left to put this squad together but definitely a couple more new faces.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:

Can Anderson gazump both Henry and McGrandles ? Looks a strong and skilled player and definitely has a chance. Henry may need a loan and I still need to see more of McGrandles to give an appraisal. 
    Not a lot of time left to put this squad together but definitely a couple more new faces.
    Henry looks miles off being ready so definitely a loan needed and Anderson already ahead of him. McGrandles is a better option for Dobsons role and Anderson a better option for Camara’s role, so it will probably depend on what type of midfielder we sign on which is more likely to play 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:

Henry looks miles off being ready so definitely a loan needed and Anderson already ahead of him. McGrandles is a better option for Dobsons role and Anderson a better option for Camara’s role, so it will probably depend on what type of midfielder we sign on which is more likely to play 
    I like our options there at this moment in time.

Fraser or Payne
    Camara or Anderson
    Dobson or McGrandles or Henry

Agree that Henry needs another loan. And definitely think Anderson can make a push for the 18 this season based on pre-season evidence.

If we see one of Payne or McGrandles leave, we would have to find a suitable replacement that can also ideally do Camara’s job if we’re going to lose him for AFCON mid-season.

Anderson might progress really quickly and be ready by then but currently wouldn’t love the idea of starting him for a 3-5 game stretch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone say that? I think most people would have had a CM right at the top of the wanted list 
  • Options
    I don’t recall may people suggesting if we’d kept Morgan we wouldn’t need to sign another midfielder or even that Morgan should be a first choice this season. I think you’ll find it was more about can he contribute as part of a better squad. I’d rather have Morgan as backup/an option off the bench this season than Henry, which I think is a fairer comparison to make 
    I have absolutely no clue why Holden kept Henry. 
  • Options
    I don’t recall may people suggesting if we’d kept Morgan we wouldn’t need to sign another midfielder or even that Morgan should be a first choice this season. I think you’ll find it was more about can he contribute as part of a better squad. I’d rather have Morgan as backup/an option off the bench this season than Henry, which I think is a fairer comparison to make 
    Internal pressure for a sale?
  • Options
    We kept Henry because he is young.  Probably won’t make it here but with how low his wages probably are,  it is worth the investment.  You almost always retain any of your youth squad with potential until they are say 21 or 22 and then make a decision to release or not
  • Options
    Camara reminded me a little bit of Aribo. Definitely a good first impression.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    seth plum said:
    RedRobin said:
    Can see Anderson overtaking Henry at some point this year. 
    I think he already has. 
    Am I the only one who thinks there are similarities between Karoy Anderson and Joe Aribo in terms of close control in that central position?
    Wait til you see Camara if you think Anderson has similarities in his play to Aribo. 
    Agree... The above was from before Camara played for us. 

Below was before he even signed. 

Dazzler21 said:
    TeeC said:
    https://youtu.be/MPtl9tsKFDs

Looks really good. Carries it really well and in a way that can convert (Dobson’s?) turnovers into attacks. Bring something very different to Fraser and Dobson and could conceivably link them together 
    Real Aribo vibes there. 

• Options
    Dazzler has been on the sauce…
  • Options
    Me neither. 
    I just don’t think he's anywhere near good enough. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Me neither. 
    I just don’t think he's anywhere near good enough. 
    Wasn't there genuine concern about 6 months ago that we wouldn't be able to keep Henry because bigger clubs would come in for him?

He is still only 19 but he made his debut 3 owners and 6 managers ago.  He shouldn't be in the first team squad. He probably does have enough potential to justify keeping him.  He is one that could well benefit from a long loan.  Even if it just proves he hasn't got what it takes to make it in league football.  He wouldn't be the first and he won't be the last if he doesn't.