Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Done - Panutche Camará signs on a season-long loan from Ipswich Town.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Fumbluff said:
    I get proper excited when we loan players from third division clubs
    We dont loan them. They are on loan to us.

And Ipswich are in the Championship. 
    Or even “don’t”.

At least you tried. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Camara, Dobson, Fraser, Henry and McGrandles, can't see there being too much room left for any more signings in midfield, unless we loan out. Good signing though, left full back and another striker and that'll do for me. 
    Henry and possibly McGrandles need to go on loan and better brought in. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    We used to buy/get their best players …
    now we get a hard on for surplus stuff 
    Exactly.

For Herman, Holland, Ambrose and Bent read Bonne, Fraser, Penney and this bloke.

Hand me the tissues.
  • Options
    good .. a tall, mature, very quick and powerful midfielder who likes to attack, just what we have needed for a while .. pity it's not a permanent deal .. welcome Panutche and all the best during your time with us
  • Options
    Assuming they all stay injury free for the majority of the season, I am really excited about our midfield this year, as the combination of Camara & Dobson can make up for the biggest weakness in the game of Fraser and hopefully allow him the freedom to hit double figures. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Camera will be a good signing but as mentioned before, it's dangerous to judge a player from his pomp. We did this with Watson, Arter, Gunter, etc.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    I think Camera will be a good signing but as mentioned before, it's dangerous to judge a player from his pomp. We did this with Watson, Arter, Gunter, etc.
    Agree we have to judge him on how he does for us but the good thing is he’s only 26 and known for his energy and work rate. 
    He came 2nd in the Ipswich bleep test, so can definitely do Fraser and CBTs defending ;)
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing him go! 

When you look at some of the doughnut's we have had in CM (looking at you Gilbey) this is a massive upgrade!
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    Very please with recruitment this year! 
    Agreed so far!  Still several more needed.
  • Options
    Can see Anderson overtaking Henry at some point this year. 
    I think he already has. 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    I think he already has. 
    Am I the only one who thinks there are similarities between Karoy Anderson and Joe Aribo in terms of close control in that central position?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    RedRobin said:
    I think he already has. 
    Am I the only one who thinks there are similarities between Karoy Anderson and Joe Aribo in terms of close control in that central position?
    Wait til you see Camara if you think Anderson has similarities in his play to Aribo. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    RedRobin said:
    I think he already has. 
    Definitely similarities. My mate used to coach Karoy for Croydon District, and raved about him so I’ve always kept an eye on his progress with us. Do we know his contract situation? 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    RedRobin said:
    seth plum said:
    RedRobin said:
    I think he already has. 
    Definitely similarities. My mate used to coach Karoy for Croydon District, and raved about him so I’ve always kept an eye on his progress with us. Do we know his contract situation? 
    Karoy Anderson signs first pro deal until 2024 | Charlton Athletic Football Club (charltonafc.com)

Need to correct that asap if he's getting involved in the First Team as much as he currently is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedRobin said:
    seth plum said:
    RedRobin said:
    I think he already has. 
    Karoy Anderson signs first pro deal until 2024 | Charlton Athletic Football Club (charltonafc.com)

Need to correct that asap if he's getting involved in the First Team as much as he currently is
    Could be a 1 year option on it but if he’s seriously in contention then better to extend now than risk him breaking through and walking out on a free or for minimal compensation in a years time.
  • Options
    I am often accused of being pessimistic and negative over many things, but what makes me gloriously optimistic is knowing that there others as good as Anderson in their own ways in our academy.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    seth plum said:
    I am often accused of being pessimistic and negative over many things, but what makes me gloriously optimistic is knowing that there others as good as Anderson in their own ways in our academy.
    No. What would make anyone think that.  ;)
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    No. What would make anyone think that.  ;)
    Yeah. A mystery isn’t it?
  • Options
    Watching him in pre-season as I have Henry, arguably Karoy already has. Love his style, hope he gets some chances to play 
  • Options
    my pal my pal is a Plymouth ST Holder and reckons he’ll do great for us . Box to box was the shorthand version of his insights 
  • Options
    Hope I'm proved wrong but seems to me like Jaiyesimi MkII.

Anyway good luck to him.
    DJ is short and stocky, Pan is tall and slim,

Ones a forward  the other a Midfielder, one runs down the wing and does nothing, the other runs the midfield on his own.

You get the picture, they aren't alike in any way other than their ethnicity 

Surely this post collects at least 40 LOLs based on what is usually seen as Lol material 
    Well I expected to get pelters for that post. I do know that the two play in different positions and are physically dissimilar.

I just have a feeling, based on no more than intuition, that Camara will be no more effective than Jayiesimi, who typifies so many of our recent signings. Obvious potential but little end product.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope he will be a roaring success. I really want to be wrong. I want to feel humiliated for posting that! Happy to take it on the chin if that's how it goes.

Alas however, I can't help but feel that an inevitable outcome is looming. A bit like buying a lottery ticket.
    Fair enough mate, I understand the feeling that it may not work. I get that feeling over most players we sign as we have had so many players turn up full of promise and then fall flat. 

I also hope you're wrong haha, been an admirer of Camara for a while and really hoping he changes our midfield fortunes with his arrival.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    From watching him a while back, he is the young player I have been most excited about in terms of their potential.
  • Options
    Adigun not being in/around it surprises me a bit, maybe he's loan listed?