Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Done - Panutche Camará signs on a season-long loan from Ipswich Town.

Comments

• Options
    I think a few of you are being a bit too serious about 'Lazy_eye_metaphor's visuals!
  • Options
    Camara, Dobson, Fraser, Henry and McGrandles, can't see there being too much room left for any more signings in midfield, unless we loan out. Good signing though, left full back and another striker and that'll do for me. 
  • Options
    A very decent signing. As others have said; far more ambitious than the last couple of years.

The loan aspect of it is slightly concerning imho.

Camara couldn’t play much last year due to an injury and the Ipswich manager has pretty much said a loan will be used to get him fit.
    Is that fit for them come January?

But that’s glass half empty. If he plays well we’ll be challenging so happy days.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Can see Anderson overtaking Henry at some point this year. 
    Agree. Karoy has a great understanding of the game. So far, Henry has looked nothing more than a 'playground player'. He really needs to improve his game, playing alongside/against grown men (and Payne). 

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Agree. Karoy has a great understanding of the game. So far, Henry has looked nothing more than a 'playground player'. He really needs to improve his game, playing alongside/against grown men (and Payne). 

Henry for me is Morgan Mk2. Given time on the ball and a few seconds to think he can be great, unfortunately its not very often you get that 
  • Options
    Amazing signing. One of those players that has always stood out whenever I've seen him play. I was desperate for us to sign in him the past so I'm excited to see what he can do in a Charlton shirt. 

A midfield 3 of Fraser, Camara and Dobson is close to as strong as you can get in this level, each players attributes complement each other and make for a cohesive unit both defensively and offensively. 

One concern is that I can see Ipswich calling him back if he does well in the first half of the season, he's probably too good for League One. A couple of wingback and a striker away from having a very strong XI.
  • Options
    Excellent 

Only down side is that it is a loan but maybe given his long injury that gives us a chance to test his fitness 
    In an ideal world, he does well, we go up, and then we updlgrade on him for The Championship.

(I'm aware it's Charlton so he'll probably be injured all season, we stay down, we sign worse next summer....)
  • Options
    I was very impressed with him at Plymouth,but am only going to give this a qualified thumbs up 

I remember being quite excited when Marcus Maddison signed because in terms of ability he was excellent. I am also concerned he has had effectively a season out injured.

Let's hope we get to see the player we all admired at Plymouth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope I'm proved wrong but seems to me like Jaiyesimi MkII.

Anyway good luck to him.
    DJ is short and stocky, Pan is tall and slim,

Ones a forward  the other a Midfielder, one runs down the wing and does nothing, the other runs the midfield on his own.

You get the picture, they aren't alike in any way other than their ethnicity 

Surely this post collects at least 40 LOLs based on what is usually seen as Lol material 
    Well I expected to get pelters for that post. I do know that the two play in different positions and are physically dissimilar.

I just have a feeling, based on no more than intuition, that Camara will be no more effective than Jayiesimi, who typifies so many of our recent signings. Obvious potential but little end product.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope he will be a roaring success. I really want to be wrong. I want to feel humiliated for posting that! Happy to take it on the chin if that's how it goes.

Alas however, I can't help but feel that an inevitable outcome is looming. A bit like buying a lottery ticket.
  • Options
    Dobson, Fraser and Camara looks far better balanced than
    Dobson, Fraser and Morgan. 
    Harsh, :D I'm confident there's many that would rather have Albie  
  • Options
    mendonca said:

What's happened to Anderson's midfield partner Adigun?

I thought he was supposed to be the real deal as well.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

What's happened to Anderson's midfield partner Adigun?

I thought he was supposed to be the real deal as well.
    He's still with the U21s
  • Options
    Anyone mentioned he was out injured for most of last season?

If not, he was out most of last season injured!
  • Options
    Anyone mentioned he was out injured for most of last season?

If not, he was out most of last season injured!
    The perfect signing for us then...
  • Options
    Hope I'm proved wrong but seems to me like Jaiyesimi MkII.

Anyway good luck to him.
    If we were to compare him to a Charlton player he’s probably most similar to Joe Aribo, but not quite as attacking. Or maybe the good version of what Alex Gilbey was supposed to be 
  • Options
    How long is Camara’s contract with Ipswich ? This will be his second season so was it a two or three year deal ? Important if we want him permanently. Perhaps the difference between it being possible and not.
  • Options
    How long is Camara’s contract with Ipswich ? This will be his second season so was it a two or three year deal ? Important if we want him permanently. Perhaps the difference between it being possible and not.
    He’s got 1 year left but with an optional year.
  • Options
    Ends next summer, but they have an extension they can trigger
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He always impressed me when we played Plymouth. I like him and pleased with this. Still need more additions but it's really encouraging so far. Let's keep to the faith for a promotion push this season. Not just play offs, we should aim for top two.... Getting carried as away as usual pre season 😁
  • Options
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    Very please with recruitment this year! 
  • Options
    I wasn’t as down on Morgan as some but this signing is a very big upgrade. The midfield is looking stronger and I really believe we’ll see the best of Fraser from this signing too. 
  • Options
    Another one in starting to take shape now 
    Welcome Panutche
  • Options
    Infectious smile and passion. A great addition in my opinion. 
    I agree, he seems a great addition to the dressing room.

I'm hoping that we will have a much more positive and cohesive team spirit this season; it already looks like we have some good lads in already that will contribute to that.  If they work for each other and act as a unit then that will help our chances immensely.
  • Options
    Which shirt number please
     Number 8 - at least that was the number on the shirt being printed with his name on the OS. 
  • Options
    Infectious smile and passion. A great addition in my opinion. 

That'll soon get knocked out of him.