Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open 2023

Comments

• Options
    Yep. They’ve now fixed the bunkers.  Bet Rory and Rahm are pleased………
  • Options
    Bit disappointed with Sky coverage so far this week.
    Too much chit chat off the course about certain players, I would prefer to actually watch the golf!

• Options
    It’s now a full half hour since we saw a live shot, during which time one of the Co-leaders Grillo) has crumbled.  
  • Options
    Hope JT plays well today. Must have been very tempting to develop an “injury” overnight and be on a jet home to warmer climes this morning rather than put himself back out their in dodgy weather with his game all over the place. 
  • Options
    Hope JT plays well today. Must have been very tempting to develop an “injury” overnight and be on a jet home to warmer climes this morning rather than put himself back out their in dodgy weather with his game all over the place. 
    I agree, i thought that, realistically he could shoot a record and still wont make the cut. Felt a bit sorry for him on the last, massive respect he is even out there today. 
  • Options
    Harman’s pre-shot routine is really annoying. 
  • Options
    Harman’s pre-shot routine is really annoying. 
    I was literally just thinking, thats a lot of practice swings. When i play pool there is someone who does something similar like 20 times no lie and occasionally feathers the ball (fouls) . I don't really see how that can be beneficial to swing that many times, sometimes in golf i don't even like a practice swing.. depends on the day and I'm rubbish so probably why. 
  • Options
    Have to agree re Sky coverage - way too much chat, not enough live golf - I am concentrating on the cricket, as cricket and football are my number 1 sports - but enjoy golf

The Open Zone thing I loath - just show us The Open for Christ sake !!!
  • Options
    That was an incredible round from Harman
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's spread the field that's for sure. Cant see too many being much above-5 and he should have a comfortable lead going into tomorrow.

Hope he can play in the rain 😁
  • Options
    He's spread the field that's for sure. Cant see too many being much above-5 and he should have a comfortable lead going into tomorrow.

Hope he can play in the rain 😁
    If the rain is as bad as it’s expected to be, May find that play gets stopped if fairways and greens get swamped - hopefully not, and links golf in the wind and rain sorts the men from the boys !!!
  • Options
    I played Hoylake in torrential rain plus wind and it drained really well. I did get beaten so badly I crawled out the left hand bunker on 17 on all fours. 

Harman has sucked the air out of this afternoon and evening's play but last week he did say 'Scotland has the worst weather in the world' after struggling in rain and wind. So hopefully he's not learned from that and starts poorly, if only to make the weekend exciting.

Everyone is puking over themselves this afternoon, shows even more how special his play's been.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Least inspiring halfway leaderboard at an Open that I can remember. I lost interest completely this afternoon and switched off. I haven’t done that in years.  Hopefully Harman bogs it up. Something about him I just can’t take to. Hope this isn’t one of those years where we a get a Todd Hamilton or Ben Curtis type winner. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I know I’m becoming Mr Miserable on this subject and I’ll stop soon to give you all a break, but the Saturday morning coverage so far is hilariously bad. We’ve got Bob Mac, Fowler, Scheffler et al on the course and all we are watching is Rich Beem farting around in a bunker and listening to the the appallingly nasal Henni (how on earth did she get this gig??) talking to some giggly YouTube “influencer”.  If you don’t have the red button option (I’m watching on a now TV pass so I don’t) then you  are stuck with this shite. 
  • Options
    FFS!  Now radar is dressed up as Bobby Jones doing a silly accent. Meanwhile on course the world’s finest are crumbling in the rain and we’re not seeing it. If I still had a Sky subscription I’d cancel it on the spot. 
  • Options
    Sky sports has gone insane! Radar acting as Bobby Jones!! FfS, but it's weirdly funny!
    But PLEASE get on with the golf!
  • Options
    I know I’m becoming Mr Miserable on this subject and I’ll stop soon to give you all a break, but the Saturday morning coverage so far is hilariously bad. We’ve got Bob Mac, Fowler, Scheffler et al on the course and all we are watching is Rich Beem farting around in a bunker and listening to the the appallingly nasal Henni (how on earth did she get this gig??) talking to some giggly YouTube “influencer”.  If you don’t have the red button option (I’m watching on a now TV pass so I don’t) then you  are stuck with this shite. 
    I forgot about the red button - I have it, and spent a pleasurable few hours watching uninterrupted golf this morning - not telling you that to annoy you though !!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Harman romping it
  • Options
    Briefly got interesting earlier with Rahm and Rory on the charge and Harman briefly faltering but it’s all gone very flat again. The leaderboard will look stronger tonight with Young, Rahm, Day and Tommy about but it’s very much Harman’s to lose. It’s been a very anticlimactic Open for me. All just very flat. Weather hasn’t helped and the coverage, as mentioned before, has been poor. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sky sports has gone insane! Radar acting as Bobby Jones!! FfS, but it's weirdly funny!
    Radar dressed in St Pepper suit this morning - ridiculous
  • Options
    Radar dressed in St Pepper suit this morning - ridiculous
    I'm not even watching.  Not enjoying this Open.  I'll tune in for a bit later to see if gets exciting.  I'm not liking Harman very much.  Apart from the ridiculous pre-shot routine he comes across as a right little oik.  Walked straight past the volunteer accompanying group yesterday without so much as a "good morning".  Tommy (and virtually every other player) shook hand with every one of them.  Hope Rahm and Young come out all guns blazing and Harman gets lost in a large bunker.  He's probably the nicest boke in the world but I have developed an irrational dislike.
  • Options
    "He's probably the nicest boke in the world."

He goes hunting then poses for photos next to the dead animal. 

Hunting to eat I guess is okay... But the stuff in Google images isn't.

The heaviest rain seems to be from 5pm today. Quite a handy site for rainfall:
    https://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/Hoylake
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    "He's probably the nicest boke in the world."

He goes hunting then poses for photos next to the dead animal. 

Hunting to eat I guess is okay... But the stuff in Google images isn't.

The heaviest rain seems to be from 5pm today. Quite a handy site for rainfall:
    https://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/Hoylake
    In which case mine is a genuine dislike and not an irrational one.  
  • Options
    Just turned on. 

20 mins in and I have not seen a shot 
  • Options
    Oh wait, here comes McIlroy
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    There's no point watching early coverage now. I'm sure we all have preferred sources of analysis like podcasts and Twitter. We don't need constant leaderboards either, especially when the leaders haven't started.

The course is playing extra long today which will favour Young and Rahm (hopefully). 

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Was backing Rahm at the start of the week but thought he'd blown it after the first two rounds. Huge pressure on Harman today to maintain his lead.
  • Options
    I'd completely forgotten that Alex Fitzpatrick had turned pro and automatically assumed that it was Matt that was on the leaderboard!
  • Options
    Could things get a teeny bit intresting?