Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open 2023

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Could things get a teeny bit intresting?
    Sadly I don’t think so. Short & left is settling into an irritatingly good rhythm after an early shake. Noone seriously pushing. 
  • Options
    That could well be the winning putt from Harman, now back to 12 under.
  • Options
    Dullest open I can remember watching. Gonna get the winner it deserves unfortunately. 
  • Options
    Commentators still trying to pretend that this is interesting……
  • Options
    Dullest open I can remember watching. Gonna get the winner it deserves unfortunately. 
    Actually I’m doing the guy a disservice. He’s world No 26 and has a couple of wins so he’s not in the Curtis and Hamilton camp of underwhelming winners. And he’s winning it out of the park so fair play.  Bloody irritating though. 
  • Options
    Harman had such a good lead, he has played within himself so far in the final round - raining, links, play for par each hole - can they catch me - nope (so far) because the conditions favour the par golfer in the lead 

But agree - dull Open - not a fan of the course - Royal St George’s in this weather, would be a far tougher test by miles - and Carnasty as well 
  • Options
    If Rory had Harman’s putting stroke he would have more majors than Jack and Tiger put together by now. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    How many left handed golfers have won Majors? The only five I can think of are Phil Mickelson, Bob Charles, Mike Weir, Bubba Watson and now Harman.
  • Options
    Harman is just 1 under since Friday evening. He had one great round & been coasting it ever since. 

If Rory or Fleetwood could putt then there might have been a contest.  

Next up is the Ryder Cup. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many left handed golfers have won Majors? The only five I can think of are Phil Mickelson, Bob Charles, Mike Weir, Bubba Watson and now Harman.
    Yep think that's it
  • Options
    What an anti climax. Shit weather normally provides excitement. Not this time tho.
  • Options
    And the last whinge from me, the next time a commentator says “so and so is certain to win a major in the future” I’ll scream.  No one is certain to win a major. It’s just about the hardest thing in world sport to win. The history of golf is littered with major less so and sos who were certainties to win one!!!  
  • Options
    Had Straka ew at 140 to 1 so nice return but shame Harman was so far clear, killed any drama
  • Options
    Drives for show, putts for dough has never been more apt 
  • Options
    Got to give it to Harman who whenever he was threatened pulled something out. Well done to the local lad Matthew Jordan for qualifying for next year's open and to Sepp Straka who is surely punched his Ryder Cup ticket with his T2 finish following his win the other week.
  • Options
    don’t mind an alleged underdog winning. 
    The reason it was dull was the incompetence of the rest of the field 
  • Options
    Best player won - however very boring usually hang around for the finish but went to see Oppenheimer with the mrs instead