Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Academy Watch 2023/2024

Comments

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Could this be the friendly Holden was talking about on an artificial surface? 
    after the season has begun, is that the evening we are at Newport.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Could this be the friendly Holden was talking about on an artificial surface? 
    after the season has begun, is that the evening we are at Newport.

Indeed it is , so will be an academy side anyway. 
  • Options
    Slough Town tonight seem like the 3G.  U21s
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Only one of their squad I recognise is Jefferson Louis. Thought it can't be the same one I'm thinking of, he must be getting on. Yep, 44 years old, currently playing for his 49th team. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    2-1 currently according to Slough Twitter. We scored twice in the first 6 minutes, Kanu and Viggars according to other sources on Twitter. Then they got one back, no further info on who's playing.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Roddy is playing. Looking at a couple of pictures on Twitter I think Chin and Bakrin are also playing. 

The commentary from Slough not giving much away in terms of our players 😆

Edit: Santos and Adigun are also playing. We're up to 7 of the line-up identified.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Penalty to Slough, 2-2.

Half time 2-2. 

Kedwell, Mitchell, Ladapo and a trialist Keeper are the rest of the starting XI.
  • Options
    Penalty to Slough, 2-2.

Half time 2-2. 

Kedwell, Mitchell, Ladapo and a trialist Keeper are the rest of the starting XI.
    If anyone is there and the keeper is a tall African fellow, I'm guessing we're still looking at Prince 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Penalty to Slough, 2-2.

Half time 2-2. 

If anyone is there and the keeper is a tall African fellow, I'm guessing we're still looking at Prince 
    Unless Idris is getting a game in return for his share ownership 
  • Options
    3-2 Adigun
  • Options
    3-3 sounds like a screamer for the equaliser 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    4-3 Adigun again or own goal, commentators can't decide 
  • Options
    Dench, Huke and Trialist (Douglas?) on Kanu, Kedwell and Mitchell off.
  • Options
    FT 4-3. Santos, Adigun and Ladapo sounded like the best performers on the night. 

Shame that Edun and Taylor weren't involved, but hopefully will start getting some minutes in them soon.
  • Options
    FT 4-3. Santos, Adigun and Ladapo sounded like the best performers on the night. 

Shame that Edun and Taylor weren't involved, but hopefully will start getting some minutes in them soon.
    Ladapo? 👀👀
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Ladapo? 👀👀
    Tolu... He's in our Academy, he's Freddie's (Ipswich) Brother
  • Options

would not have been a good idea on a 3G pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They said on the commentary 2 of the goals were screamers. Considering the other was a penalty, can't imagine too many times a keeper has conceded 3 and probably couldn't have done much about any of them.
  • Options
    Any word recently on Euan Williams? Seem to remember he stood out a few times but wasn't in the team for Slough?
  • Options
    Any word recently on Euan Williams? Seem to remember he stood out a few times but wasn't in the team for Slough?

Injured end of last season , think it was a major hamstring injury 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Injured end of last season , think it was a major hamstring injury 
    Thanks
  • Options
    clive said:
    23/24 fixtures have been released

15/8/23 Hull City [a] 14.00
     21/8/23 Wigan     [h] 14.00
     29/8/23 Coventry [a] 13.00
     04/9/23 Birmingham [h] 14.00
     08/9/23 Sheff Weds [a] 14.00
     26/9/23 Bournemouth [a] 13.00
     02/10/23 Bristol City [h] 13.00
     16/10/23 Millwall    [h] 13.00
     23/10/23 Colchester [a] 19.00
     30/10/23 Swansea  [a] 14.00
     06/11/23 Ipswich  [h]   13.00
     21/11/23 Watford  [a] 13.00
     27/11/23 Cardiff  [h]  13.00
     04/12/23 QPR      [a]   19.00
     18/12/23 Bournemouth [h] 13.00
     08/1/24  Colchester [h] 13.00
     15/1/24 Millwall    [a] 13.30
     29/1/24 Swansea [h]  13.00
     13/2/24 Ipswich [a]  13.00
     20/2/24 Cardiff  [a] 14.00
     26/2/24 Watford [h] 13.00
     05/3/24 Bristol City [a]  13.00
     11/3/24 QPR       [h]  13.00
     26/3/24 Fleetwood [a] 13.00
     08/4/24 Barnsley [h] 14.00
     13/4/24 Burnley  [a]  11.00
     22/4/24 Sheff Utd [h] 14.00
     29/4/24 Crewe A [a]   13.00
     13/5/24 Peterborough [h] 14.00
    https://www.flashscore.co.uk/football/england/professional-development-league/fixtures/

• Options
    I know it's getting late & my little grey cells ain't wot they usta be, but I thought these U 21 league games were played on a home & away basis. 

However, there are certain teams that we only play once in the league according to this list eg Hull, Wigan & Birmingham to name just 3.

I'm sure there's a rational explanation so would be grateful if someone could put me right, thanks. 
  • Options
    I know it's getting late & my little grey cells ain't wot they usta be, but I thought these U 21 league games were played on a home & away basis. 

However, there are certain teams that we only play once in the league according to this list eg Hull, Wigan & Birmingham to name just 3.

I'm sure there's a rational explanation so would be grateful if someone could put me right, thanks. 
    Nine other southern section teams = Play them twice.
    Eleven northern section teams = Play them once.

Exactly the same for the U18s.
  • Options

Nine other southern section teams = Play them twice.
    Eleven northern section teams = Play them once.

Exactly the same for the U18s.
    Ah, thanks, PP.

Clearly have never realised this before...doh !