Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP George Alagiah

edited July 2023 in Not Sports Related
Sad news about the brilliant, engaging BBC journalist George Alagiah who has passed away, nine years after being diagnosed with cancer.  George was 67. He was among the best of us. 

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    his daughter went to school with my sister. Was a gent and fought his illness with great dignity. RIP.
  • Options
    Already a thread on this.
    He was 67 btw.
    Rip 
  • Options
    I think Clive's thread and this one were posted at very similar times.  In any case, RIP George Alagiah. 
  • Options
    3rd thread up now
  • Options
    Apologies- posted at the same time. 
  • Options
    RIP George
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very sad.
     I liked the guy.
    RIP.
  • Options
    Ah no, that's a shame. Always seemed to have gravitas without being too doom and gloom when reading the news. RIP George.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad news after a brave and dignified fight against this shit disease. RIP George.
  • Options
    Newsreaders become like a family member, you see them on an almost daily basis.  They help us through traumatic events and join us in our celebrations, so when let's us down, by doing a Huw, we are shocked and we mourn their passing as acutely as any celebrity.  RIP to a giant of his profession.
  • Options
    RIP.  The obvious emotion shown by his colleagues on hearing the news is testimony to how highly they regarded him both as a presenter and a person.
  • Options
    Just had a lovely tribute to him on 1pm news. Very moving. A well respected and lovely man. 
  • Options
    This is so sad.
    This fecking disease.
    RIP 💔
  • Options
    RIP. I was convinced I saw him in the o2 bar for The Who concert a couple of weeks ago. Obviously wasn't him.
  • Options
    RIP. Good journalist lost
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rest in peace George
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Sad news RIP George.
  • Options
    My all time favourite new reader. 

Clearly a much loved, well respected, lovely man who will be sorely missed.

Sleep tight, George. 
  • Options
    RIP George
  • Options
    Just had a lovely tribute to him on 1pm news. Very moving. A well respected and lovely man. 
    This.

Clive Myrie almost in tears.

RIP
  • Options
    fought well against cancer for quite a long time, a sad loss  R I P
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP George.