Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP George Alagiah

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just had a lovely tribute to him on 1pm news. Very moving. A well respected and lovely man. 
    This.

Clive Myrie almost in tears.

RIP
    gosh just seen it. Incredibly emotional, but then collects himself and reads the news - just like George would have done - the best possible tribute.
  • Options
    Very sad news that he has lost his long fight against this awful disease. He was one of the best presenters/reporters.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Just watched BBC 6 pm news presented by Sophie Raworth, it must have been very difficult for her, but a lovely tribute to George.
  • Options
    Incredibly sad. What a loss.
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP a great public broadcasting servant. 
  • Options
    I hope the BBC news repeat the last bit of film on the news at six by George at the end of the news at ten.
    I watched, able to relate to the way he felt the need to find a place of contentment after diagnosis.
    The way he looked back with contentment at his life.
    His career.
    "I wish I didn't have cancer but I'm glad I've found out about my friends, family and community as a result".
    "I've got to a place where I see life as a gift". 
    "Rather than thinking about when it will end, I see it as a gift every morning".
    I'm on that journey.
    R.I.P. George Alagiah.

They did and it was so moving.

George was one of the very best of us.
  • Options
    He always came across as a decent bloke RIP.
  • Options
    RIP George