Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Top 10 bands you never heard of...

Still working on mine, but feel free to go ahead with your list.

Comments

• Options
    The Would Ya’s 
  • Options
    Milli Vanilli
  • Options
    The Snivelling Shits
  • Options
    Being into Rock n Roll and Rockabilly I could name dozens most of you would never have heard of, and would probably not be interested in hearing. 
  • Options
    I was in two of these:

The Naughtiest Girl Was A Monitor
    Steel Pole Bathtub
    PreDog
    Spanky and Our Gang
    The High Bees
    The 4 O’Clock Planes
    Crowsdell
    Edwards Hand
    Nurse With Wound
    Meat Whiplash

• Options
    1. Lunar Echoes - A post-rock band from Portland, Oregon, known for their ethereal soundscapes that blend ambient textures with powerful guitar melodies, attracting a dedicated cult following; still active.

2. Neon Nexus - A synthwave duo hailing from Tokyo, who created pulsating electronic music that transported listeners to a retro-futuristic cyberpunk world; disbanded after two albums due to creative differences.

3. Mystic Caravan - Folk-rock ensemble from the Irish countryside, famed for their enchanting harmonies and poetic storytelling, drawing in both local pub-goers and international folk festival enthusiasts; on hiatus as members pursue solo projects.

4. Celestial Havoc - A progressive metal band originating from Stockholm, celebrated for their intricate compositions and blend of melodic hooks with aggressive riffs, amassing a dedicated fanbase within the metal community; currently active and working on their fourth album.

5. Azure Skies - Dreamy indie-pop group from California, crafting music that felt like a warm, sunny day at the beach, amassing a loyal following of young fans who related to their nostalgic and carefree lyrics; still active, gaining momentum in the indie scene.

6. Echo Chamber - An experimental electronic collective based in Berlin, pushing boundaries with their avant-garde sound collages and immersive live performances, attracting a niche audience of electronic music aficionados; disbanded after a successful trilogy of albums.

7. Solaris Serenade - Symphonic orchestral ensemble from Prague, known for their grandiose compositions that blended classical elements with modern cinematic flair, captivating audiences at sold-out venues around the world; still active, collaborating with film and game soundtracks.

8. Neptune's Fury - Power metal powerhouse from São Paulo, Brazil, delivering high-energy anthems that fused soaring vocals with thunderous guitar solos, achieving a strong following in the global metal scene; currently on hiatus as members explore side projects.

9. Velvet Meadows - Alt-country quartet originating from Austin, Texas, celebrated for their heartfelt storytelling, twangy guitars, and soulful harmonies that resonated with Americana enthusiasts; disbanded after a decade-long career, leaving behind a cherished discography.

10. Synaptic Synergy - Futuristic electronic duo from South Korea, pioneers of the "neurotronic" genre, seamlessly blending cutting-edge technology with mind-bending soundscapes, garnering a devoted following within the electronic underground; still active, evolving their sound with each new release. 
  • Options
    Ken Dodd's Dad's Dog's Dead
  • Options
    Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs 
  • Options
    Public Foot The Roman were a fine band
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Contributions to this thread all invoke Donald Ramsfeld's: "known unknowns"

(Great band name to never hear of...)
  • Options
    Contributions to this thread all invoke Donald Ramsfeld's: "known unknowns"

(Great band name to never hear of...)
    https://www.facebook.com/theknownunknowns/
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Ken Dodd's Dad's Dog's Dead
    Saw this band advertised on a poster in the Amersham in New Cross in 1996. The name has always stuck with me. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    CAFCTrev said:
    Here's my top 10 bands Ive never heard of. 

1. ....
    2. ....
    3. ....
    4. ....
    5. ....
    6. ....
    7. ....
    8. ....
    9. ....
    10. ....
    I'm surprised you have never heard of .... or .... they are well known.🙄
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Pedro45 said:
    The Snivelling Shits
    Saw them at The Whiskey a Go-Go. Sid and Nancy were there, as well as Jones and Cook who headlined with, I think, some of the Heartbreakers? Johnny Thunders? Tried to Google it, but nothing comes up.
  • Options
    Angela Rippons bum - 80,s band from Essex I believe
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Pedro45 said:
    The Snivelling Shits
    Saw them at The Whiskey a Go-Go. Sid and Nancy were there, as well as Jones and Cook who headlined with, I think, some of the Heartbreakers? Johnny Thunders? Tried to Google it, but nothing comes up.
    Think the Shits singer was a bloke called Les Miserables, as John Peel used to say, probably an assumed name.

Some obscure bands

Frank Sumatra and the Mob

Serious Drinking - who gave the world "Bobby Moore is Innocent"

The Velvet Underpants

• Options
    I was in two of these:

The Naughtiest Girl Was A Monitor
    Steel Pole Bathtub
    PreDog
    Spanky and Our Gang
    The High Bees
    The 4 O’Clock Planes
    Crowsdell
    Edwards Hand
    Nurse With Wound
    Meat Whiplash

I'm guessing not the two I've heard of in that list? (Nurse with Wound and Meat Whiplash)
  • Options
    Otis Westinghouse and the Elevators (IIRC).  Once supported Squeeze at the Albany in Deptford...turned out to be Elvis Costello doing the boys a favour
  • Options
    The Tourists were the first band I was into.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave Stewart and that short-haired woman. Isn't that Eurythmics by another name?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Dave Stewart and that short-haired woman. Isn't that Eurythmics by another name?
    Annie Lennox, The Tourists lasted about two years.