Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wagner boss killed in plane crash in Russia…

edited August 2023 in Not Sports Related
Hmm. 

I know it is politics, but thought worthy of a thread 

Comments

• Options
    What a coincidence eh 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Least surprising headline of the year so far. We should have had a sweepstake
  • Options
    At least he didn't fall out a hospital window like many others have done. 

What really would have happened if he carried on marching to Moscow? 
  • Options
    Surprise surprise 
  • Options
    I assumed he fell out of a window, which was a major cause of death for doctors in Russia who told people about covid death rates, but apparently a plane crash.

There were a lot of people saying Putin never forgets treachery, and that this guy would be looking over his shoulder forever.

No loss at all  - Wagner Group are the masters of war atrocities, but it would have been great if Putin was on board discussing tactics when the plane went down.
  • Options

• Options
    What a shock. Can't believe it.
  • Options
    Surprised he lasted this long.

its amazing how much 1991 lulled us into a near 30 year sense of security.
  • Options
    Should have bought Chelsea. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope he went out of the plane window, as is the form...
  • Options
    Who could be responsible for such an outrage!!
    l hope a full investigation is carried out.
  • Options
    Worth noting that a lot of the Wagner leadership was on the plane and its no coincidence that it coincides with them steeping down the "disappeared" Sergey Surovikin now former Commander-in-Chief of the Aerospace Forces who reportedly backed Prigozhin during the failed coup. Very much cleaning house.
  • Options
    I am absolutely shocked by this news. Unbelievable that this should happen to him.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Worth noting that a lot of the Wagner leadership was on the plane and its no coincidence that it coincides with them steeping down the "disappeared" Sergey Surovikin now former Commander-in-Chief of the Aerospace Forces who reportedly backed Prigozhin during the failed coup. Very much cleaning house.
    Should have followed the Coca Cola rule. Only 2 people at any one time know the full recipe so they're not allowed to travel together
  • Options
    Was so weird that he stopped given this was the inevitable outcome.

Why go that far and not just carry on to Moscow given the coup actually being successful was his only way out of the whole thing?
  • Options
    Did he get on the plane at gun point?
  • Options

Why go that far and not just carry on to Moscow given the coup actually being successful was his only way out of the whole thing?
    That was my immediate feeling when they stopped and turned back. Once he took his foot off Putin's throat, he was never coming out of it alive. I can only assume they thought that Russia would rise up with them and it never happened.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Speculation was that they took Prigozhin and a lot of the serious leaderships family hostage.
  • Options
    They've got this all wrong.
    Word is he accidentally fell out of a building and a plane hit him on the way down!
  • Options
    Shot down by Russian air defences. Footage on piers Morgan’s X feed. 
  • Options
    if you sign up for the Russian army today as a private, good chance you'll be a general by Christmas
  • Options
    if you sign up for the Russian army today as a private, good chance you'll be dead by Christmas

• Options
    Shot down by Russian air defences. Footage on piers Morgan’s X feed. 
    It shows the plane crashing but I couldn't see it being hit by a missile 
  • Options
    if you sign up for the Russian army today as a private, good chance you'll be a general by Christmas
    if you sign up for the Russian army today as a private, good chance you'll be dead by Christmas

Given the rate at which the Ukrainians have been killing Russian generals, there's no reason to be unambitious - achieve both.