Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    I wonder if the selection of so many forwards on the bench might prove to be a problem for South Africa.
  • Options
    A sub kicker might be useful 😁
  • Options
    Not much in it really, get the feeling it means more to Ireland than South Africa, hope it’s not their cup final!
  • Options
    Well, that was tense...
  • Options
    I may need a lie down...
  • Options
    Top game & a top win for 
    Ireland 
  • Options
    Ireland successfully defuse the bomb squad
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    War of attrition which will give Ireland confidence that they can go deep into this tournament Including winning Knock out games in a world cup !

That was Rugby big school.
  • Options
    Looked like the Saffers had the ball in hand at the end there. 
  • Options
    Obviously, I am biased, but I think, depending on the officials, if I was South Africa, I'd be a bit concerned about what looked awfully like blocking when they were looking to run the ball back.

Both sides looked to be offside more times than I'd care to admit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite a day of Rugby!
  • Options
    SA should have had a 7:1 split, 7 kickers, 1 forward.
  • Options
    found the end a bit wrong. the ref says he cant see the ball. the ball then was available a second later and he gave a turnover to ireland. which it wasn't imo. 

anyway. Not the best of games but a tense one. Though I think the ref was a bit biased to the irish. 
  • Options
    I'm in Liverpool this weekend & was at a gig so missed the game.
    I was dreading looking at the result tbh.
    I, being typical of Irish stock, am now wondering if that was our final.
    Feck, why can't we just enjoy winning 😫🙄🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    I'm in Liverpool this weekend & was at a gig so missed the game.
    I was dreading looking at the result tbh.
    I, being typical of Irish stock, am now wondering if that was our final.
    Feck, why can't we just enjoy winning 😫🙄🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣🤣
    The Guinness ad is funny, because it's true.

There's nothing worse for Irish sports than the label "favourites".
  • Options
    found the end a bit wrong. the ref says he cant see the ball. the ball then was available a second later and he gave a turnover to ireland. which it wasn't imo. 

anyway. Not the best of games but a tense one. Though I think the ref was a bit biased to the irish. 
    I thought the ball was there, but didn’t see the end again. 
  • Options
    Good win for Ireland, BUT the very dubious decisions by the SA coach/manager went a long way in handing them the game .. his squad of 33 included just 2 hookers, one has been lost to injury ..

Because of the terrible place kicking performance of the team, he has been replaced by a stand off !! the vastly experienced and deadly accurate goal kicker Handré Pollard who, if he gets in the starting xv will revert to essentially a kicking game though he will certainly kick a few points .. 

For the Ireland game, the substitute hooker was Fourie, a back row forward .. to add to this feck up, Erasmus (SA manager) brought off his two real star forwards, Captain Kolisi and Vice Captain Etzebeth, arguably two of the best forwards in the world. early in the 2nd half, they were not injured it seems .. a BIG w t f  ..

last situation .. just before time, at a scrum deep inside the SA 22, the SA substitute tight head prop was penalised for pushing too early at 'the set' during a set scrum, the simple resulting penalty was kicked by Ireland to give them a nice little cushion for the last few minutes; !!
    After all that, Ireland have a great team that's been together for  a few seasons, they know exactly what they are doing in any situation .. SA with arguably the greater power and muscle made no use of it, they, abetted by their management played a brainless game as well as missing vital kicks at goal, which could have won them the game despite their crass performance
  • Options

What about the forward pass for the SA try, also the tackle on Hanson without the ball in the same move? Hanson also taken out towards the end of the game from a Irish kick?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Australia looking awful here against Wales. 
  • Options
    Absolutely nothing going Australia's way, they're really poor, and will be deservedly going home after the group stage.

Wales running them ragged.
  • Options
    Really enjoying this.
  • Options
    They'll still quality so time to get it right from the Quarter finals.
  • Options
    Aussies starting to get stroppy, lovely.
  • Options
    Australia have been so awful.
  • Options
    Will be a terrible shame if Australia go home. Looks like Eddie Jones will need to return to Japan, his side has been terrible. 
  • Options
    Australia have disintegrated in the second half. It was still pretty close at HT, but everything has gone wrong for them in the second half!