Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    Nug said:
    They are giving it a go. I hate all the tier 1, tier 2 nonsense I think it is really holding rugby back. You don’t see it in football, look at the likes of Iceland who used to get spanked by everyone and now put out decent competitive teams. Give them a chance and they will get better.
    Could not agree more.

In Europe the 6 Nations should create a lower division or two with relegation and promotion.

As well as that, get effectively Tier 2 national sides into European club rugby competitions.
    I agree with this 100%. But the relegation thing is the reason it will never be adopted. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Nug said:
    They are giving it a go. I hate all the tier 1, tier 2 nonsense I think it is really holding rugby back. You don’t see it in football, look at the likes of Iceland who used to get spanked by everyone and now put out decent competitive teams. Give them a chance and they will get better.
    Could not agree more.

In Europe the 6 Nations should create a lower division or two with relegation and promotion.

As well as that, get effectively Tier 2 national sides into European club rugby competitions.
    I agree with this 100%. But the relegation thing is the reason it will never be adopted. 
    I know, but a boy can dream...

South Africa will really punish the sort of mistakes that Ireland made tonight, and the final score did flatter Ireland a bit.

Today's Tonga are far superior team to their previous World Cup adventures, they'd give anyone a challenging game.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Scotland and Italy would never allow relegation. The tier 1 nations have more votes on the world rugby board than the tier 2 nations so they just vote down any progress for tier 2 nations every time. It’s simple protection of their status and earnings. I’m not sure of the exact breakdown but my understanding is a country like England has 5 votes, Tonga maybe 1. So tier 2 nations can never out vote tier 1 nations in any future decisions.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Scotland and Italy would never allow relegation. The tier 1 nations have more votes on the world rugby board than the tier 2 nations so they just vote down any progress for tier 2 nations every time. It’s simple protection of their status and earnings. I’m not sure of the exact breakdown but my understanding is a country like England has 5 votes, Tonga maybe 1. So tier 2 nations can never out vote tier 1 nations in any future decisions.
    That's a fucking disgrace! England should have at least 20 votes...
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

That's a fucking disgrace! England should have at least 20 votes...
    They did, but they keep getting red cards.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Why do you mention Scotland? I get Italy

Scotland have finished ahead of England in the 2 of the last 3 years and ahead of Wales in 2 of the last 3 too
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Scotland have finished ahead of England in the 2 of the last 3 years and ahead of Wales in 2 of the last 3 too
    Because if you look at it historically Scotland and Italy are usually near the bottom, yes they are good right now but these tier 1 unions are looking out for themselves, all of them, they will absolutely shit themselves if there was relegation. They would rather add South Africa, as has been mentioned, to the 6 nations than allow a Georgia to join the party. Sorry if I offended you about Scotland but they are usually pretty crap.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Because if you look at it historically Scotland and Italy are usually near the bottom, yes they are good right now but these tier 1 unions are looking out for themselves, all of them, they will absolutely shit themselves if there was relegation. They would rather add South Africa, as has been mentioned, to the 6 nations than allow a Georgia to join the party. Sorry if I offended you about Scotland but they are usually pretty crap.
    We’ve become consistently better since so many South Africans and Australians discovered what a nice place Scotland is to live in. 
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Why would I be offended, even if it were true? They aren't 'usually pretty crap' and I agree about the relegation of the last spot as other teams in the northern hemisphere should have a chance.

Personally I don't agree with South Africa joining - different rugby seasons and whilst no real time difference, I don't see the need to travel thousands of miles to play any SA home games. I would be equally against any southern hemisphere country joining a northern hemisphere tournament in the northern hemisphere rugby season.
  • Options
    South Africa looking really strong, sad to see Romania struggling more today than against Ireland (there's an awful lot physicality in the South African game, and it's really difficult to defend against).

A real shame Romania haven't managed a score, with 2 minutes to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Why would I be offended, even if it were true? They aren't 'usually pretty crap' and I agree about the relegation of the last spot as other teams in the northern hemisphere should have a chance.

Personally I don't agree with South Africa joining - different rugby seasons and whilst no real time difference, I don't see the need to travel thousands of miles to play any SA home games. I would be equally against any southern hemisphere country joining a northern hemisphere tournament in the northern hemisphere rugby season.
    Italy and Scotland would be, by a long way, the most likely candidates for relegation, if there were to be an extension of the Six Nations to accommodate promotion and relegation between 'the six' and 'the rest'. There has only been two season in which a team other than Italy or Scotland has ended up with the wooden spoon: ten years ago it was France, ten years prior to that it was Wales. 

That's why Italy and Scotland would always be two turkeys never wanting to vote for Christmas. 
  • Options
    Fiji being just brilliant to watch, if a bit reckless, is what makes this World Cup so enjoyable.

A lot of teams putting in really good performances.
  • Options
    It’s so tense.
    C’mon Fiji! 🙏🏻🫣😬
  • Options
    Get in! 
  • Options
    Fantastic, well done Fiji!!
  • Options
    Always good to see the Aussies lose, and bad luck Eddie!!
  • Options
    Wales v Australia is going to be big now.
  • Options
    So sad for the Aussies. Particularly if they lose to wales. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Italy and Scotland would be, by a long way, the most likely candidates for relegation, if there were to be an extension of the Six Nations to accommodate promotion and relegation between 'the six' and 'the rest'. There has only been two season in which a team other than Italy or Scotland has ended up with the wooden spoon: ten years ago it was France, ten years prior to that it was Wales. 

That's why Italy and Scotland would always be two turkeys never wanting to vote for Christmas. 
    Correct about Italy but incorrect about Scotland. But I wouldn't expect you to get any fact correct!

Scotland have finished ahead of Wales 5 times in the last 10 years!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

We’ve become consistently better since so many South Africans and Australians discovered what a nice place Scotland is to live in. 
    The SpringJocks
    Van der Merwe loves Scotland because they gave him a chance no one else did and took a risk - that paid off big time!
  • Options
    Looking forward to another good England win
    Come On England  B)
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Correct about Italy but incorrect about Scotland. But I wouldn't expect you to get any fact correct!

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Scotland's average Six Nations finish on the last 3 years (i.e. current form and trend is equal to England's and higher than Wales

Current world rankings:

(1)
    Ireland
    (2)
    South Africa
    (3)
    France
    (4)
    New Zealand
    (5)
    Scotland
    (8)
    England
    (9)
    Australia
    (10)
    Wales
    (7)
    Fiji
    (6)
    Argentina
    (12)
    Samoa
    (13)
    Italy
    (11)
    Georgia

We have won the FA Cup more times than  Palace but aren't more likely to win it than them this year!
  • Options
    Wales v Australia is going to be big now.
    Great result for the tournament- not so good for Wales as means they have to beat Aus to be sure of getting through 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Scotland's average Six Nations finish on the last 3 years (i.e. current form and trend is equal to England's and higher than Wales

Current world rankings:

(1)
    Ireland
    (2)
    South Africa
    (3)
    France
    (4)
    New Zealand
    (5)
    Scotland
    (8)
    England
    (9)
    Australia
    (10)
    Wales
    (7)
    Fiji
    (6)
    Argentina
    (12)
    Samoa
    (13)
    Italy
    (11)
    Georgia

We have won the FA Cup more times than  Palace but aren't more likely to win it than them this year!
    Fact: Since the Six Nations started, Italy and Scotland have been in last place more times than any of the other teams.

Opinion: It's for that reason, I think the SRU would vote against relegation from the Six Nations. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Current world rankings:

(1)
    Ireland
    (2)
    South Africa
    (3)
    France
    (4)
    New Zealand
    (5)
    Scotland
    (8)
    England
    (9)
    Australia
    (10)
    Wales
    (7)
    Fiji
    (6)
    Argentina
    (12)
    Samoa
    (13)
    Italy
    (11)
    Georgia

Fact: Since the Six Nations started, Italy and Scotland have been in last place more times than any of the other teams.

Opinion: It's for that reason, I think the SRU would vote against relegation from the Six Nations. 
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Current world rankings:

(1)
    Ireland
    (2)
    South Africa
    (3)
    France
    (4)
    New Zealand
    (5)
    Scotland
    (8)
    England
    (9)
    Australia
    (10)
    Wales
    (7)
    Fiji
    (6)
    Argentina
    (12)
    Samoa
    (13)
    Italy
    (11)
    Georgia

Fact: we have won the FA Cup more times that Palace but it doesn't make us a better team!

Fact: you don't understand facts, stats or current form. Or chose not to. As usual!
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Current world rankings:

(1)
    Ireland
    (2)
    South Africa
    (3)
    France
    (4)
    New Zealand
    (5)
    Scotland
    (8)
    England
    (9)
    Australia
    (10)
    Wales
    (7)
    Fiji
    (6)
    Argentina
    (12)
    Samoa
    (13)
    Italy
    (11)
    Georgia

Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Nug said:
    Could not agree more.

Current world rankings:

(1)
    Ireland
    (2)
    South Africa
    (3)
    France
    (4)
    New Zealand
    (5)
    Scotland
    (8)
    England
    (9)
    Australia
    (10)
    Wales
    (7)
    Fiji
    (6)
    Argentina
    (12)
    Samoa
    (13)
    Italy
    (11)
    Georgia

Fact: we have won the FA Cup more times that Palace but it doesn't make us a better team!

Fact: you don't understand facts, stats or current form. Or chose not to. As usual!
    Leicester have won the Premier League more recently than Arsenal. But I don't think they are more likely to win it again than Arsenal
  • Options
    Music really isn't needed to add atmosphere in a world cup match