Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oasis

Comments

• Options
    2009 was definitely the Enemy, wasn’t it?!
    Yeah Reverend and the makers, the enemy and kasabian in support. Thats one thing we don't get anymore is bands like that as support for 50 quid a ticket 
  • Options
    Think @Oakster2 saw one of their first ever gigs in front of a tiny crowd 
    Not Oasis - we saw them in June 94 at the Heineken Festibval supporting The Boo Radleys and weirdly Back to the Planet. Strange mixture of scallys and crusties! Only saw them once after that supporting Pulp in Sheffield in 95

We did see The Charlatans play a very early gig in March 89 supporting up and coming Mancs The Stone Roses

Like @Clem_Snide being on the indie scene from the mid/late 80s onward I got to see a load of legendary bands from their early days playing in the tiniest tinpot venues….
  • Options
    Part of me would like to see it but I think a bigger part of me (ooh err) thinks that they were of their time as angry young men in the 90s.  I’m not so sure that late middle aged billionaires would quite cut it. Maybe best left for the memory banks and let them both do their own things. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Seen them loads of times, huge fan, massive fan

Hope they don't get back together, the last couple of shows were just a festival of human urine being lobbed about and were properly bad tempered

Besides that, Noel Gallagher is a man of insight. He's in his mid 50s now and would have been in his early 40s when he finally had enough of his brother who has big of a presence and front man he is I can imagine without trying all that hard he is beyond maddening to work with and live in proximity with. 

The only reason anyone wants Oasis to get back together is so they can say they saw them live but in reality it will be a ton of people who were way too young to be there first time round with mobile phones in the air. Oasis were of a different time. Let Noel get on with being a songwriter who can still write a banger of a chorus and do his own thing, let Liam carry on with the nostalgia shows. 

Agree mate, saw them at Wembley in 2000, they were superb and had a great day. Went to the Finsbury Park gig a couple of years later and it was full of bell ends chucking beer and piss. Didn’t help that the sound was shit. 
  • Options
    Agree with many that their peak was 94-96 and after that it was a step down or basically more of the same. I did enjoy the Don't Believe the Truth album though I'm not sure that letting the other band members write songs on the last albums was a good idea.
  • Options
    Part of me would like to see it but I think a bigger part of me (ooh err) thinks that they were of their time as angry young men in the 90s.  I’m not so sure that late middle aged billionaires would quite cut it. Maybe best left for the memory banks and let them both do their own things. 

100% this.

• Options
    Saw them in Sydney and they were brilliant.
    Also in Cardiff and not so good.

• Options
    I too saw them at the Venue many many years ago, May 1994, one of the last Friday night's out I had before I started my A-level exam/revision period.  Supported by Shed Seven and Cast that night who were very good too.  Came out at 2am to get the night bus home.  Walked down as far as Deptford Bridge to see a good old fashioned police chase following a stolen car, which crashed and the driver jumped into the creek.

Then was in a car following @AFKABartram on the way to Knebworth... which was completely written off on the M25 (I still don't know how me, Cheesey and Rodders walked away from that having been spun round 360, shunted up the rear by a horse carrier and spun round again 360 which left the Austin Maestro without a rear end where we were sitting!  Didn't someone actually die as a result of that crash?  I know we were all called as witnesses months later in Epping Crown Court?!). The police kindly gave us a lift to the nearest station to continue our journey by train, came close to having another accident as some idiot pulled out in front of the police car at over 100mph with the blues and twos going.  The gig wasn't the best.  Perhaps that was down to the shock of the accident, the warm beer, not being able to see anything given how far back we was... I'd go as far as saying its the worst gig I've seen of all those I've been to.  Ocean Colour Scene and the Prodigy were miles better than Oasis.  I remember being gutted that I'd missed the Bootleg Beatles who opened.  Then it took forever to get home. 2-3 hours to get on a train at Stevenage, walked from Kings Cross back to Trafalgar Square to get a N89 and then I had to drive Chris & Cheesey home.  Dont think I was in bed until 6:30am.

Anyway, Definitely Maybe was better than Whats the Story Morning Glory.  The third album was more than ok, a couple of tunes on there but the rest pales into insignificance for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:
    2009 was definitely the Enemy, wasn’t it?!
    Yeah Reverend and the makers, the enemy and kasabian in support. Thats one thing we don't get anymore is bands like that as support for 50 quid a ticket 
    I remember seeing blur at Hyde park and vampire weekend and Florence and the machine supporting and feeling a little aggrieved to pay £50 for it. I’d kill for those prices now.
  • Options
    Any Oasis reunion would have to include the legendary Bonehead.
  • Options
    And guigsy. 
  • Options
    Saw them well last their peak at V festival... Not bothered about seeing them again. They are never going to write another "oasis" song that's any good, and there would be no chemistry, heathen or otherwise.

Actually quite like Liam's solo stuff, last album was pretty decent
  • Options
    Seems like everyone saw Oasis at the Venue. All I ever got there was the Baywatch theme tune!

Saw Oasis at Earls Court (x2), Knebworth, Wembley and Milton Keynes bowl. Progressively worse every time.

Didnt see them at The Venue.

Did see Francis Jeffers stumbling around the dance floor a couple of weeks after his 2 goals v Villa when I thought he was gonna be the next Mendonca.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Saw them well last their peak at V festival... Not bothered about seeing them again. They are never going to write another "oasis" song that's any good, and there would be no chemistry, heathen or otherwise.

Actually quite like Liam's solo stuff, last album was pretty decent
    same, of the two i much prefer liam's. Noel's first album was pretty good, but it just sounds the same and like a dad doing their own version of oasis' noel gallagher led songs. Very stale.
  • Options
    Noel’s first two solo albums were outstanding. The past two have been largely very boring.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:
    Went to the signing session for this all those years ago, this is me there on the left. 
    Amongst other things, I remember you DJing at Kaleidoscope with Erol Alkan...... '96ish??
  • Options
    If they get offered a huge amount of money to just do a few big gigs I could see it happening. No way they'd be able to put up with each other for a tour or recording an album though. Saying that they might even kill each other rehearsing for any shows.
  • Options
    So my good friend Matt asked me once if I could give a spare ticket to an old neighbour of his, knowing I was a massive Oasis fan, he failed to tell me it was actually Alan whites Dad! Glad he didn't to be fair as I would have been boring the poor bugger with all types of questions. He came a couple of times after that and was a really nice guy.

I believe Alan still goes to the odd game with his brother, who is also a famous drummer and Charlton fan. His dad actually has a ST in the West Upper. To my understanding, if they did ever do a reunion, he wouldn't be a part of it. May have that wrong, but that was the impression I got. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    My all time favourite band. I don’t see a reunion happening. Noel has had a great career post-Oasis and doesn’t need it at all. Saw an interview with Noel recently who said that although Liam says he wants a reunion, he hasn’t once picked up the phone to Noel.

I’ve seen Oasis live a few times and they’ve never been great tbh. Liam solo live was awful. Noel live is brilliant. He takes it seriously.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    buckshee said:
    Went to the signing session for this all those years ago, this is me there on the left. 
    Amongst other things, I remember you DJing at Kaleidoscope with Erol Alkan...... '96ish??
    Indeed I did, although it wouldn’t have been with Erol. 
  • Options
    If they get offered a huge amount of money to just do a few big gigs I could see it happening. No way they'd be able to put up with each other for a tour or recording an album though. Saying that they might even kill each other rehearsing for any shows.
    Noel has a divorce to pay for, I think it may happen eventually but not sure on the line up, for me it has to be the Morning Glory line up but I feel that Guigs wouldn’t be interested so it would most likely be Andy Bell on bass. 
  • Options
    No chance at all of Guigs doing it as he's barely been seen for 25 years. I reckon it would be the last lineup with Bonehead on bass. That way it would feature a bit of all the eras 
  • Options
    When the reunion does happen and it will. The line up will be Noel, Liam, Bonehead, Gem and Chris Sharrock. 

Fans can forget about White or Guigsy, i doubt any amount of money will get them talking to the Gallaghers.
    Bell has been busy with Mantra, Ride and solo stuff. As for Tony, there is more chance i'll be drumming with Oasis.

The 1995 line-up is the definitive line-up. 
  • Options
    personally of the opinion that noel and liam don't hate each other as much as we're led to believe. Probably definitely don't want to be in a band together anymore, but, like the slash and axl rose "fallout" I think it's mostly for show.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Good Gene T shirt on show there.