Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oasis

13»

Comments

• Options
    I saw them in 94 on the NME stage at Glastonbury in the rain at about 4 in the afternoon. They were fucking brilliant. Then saw them headline Glasters the following year

Then: Earls Court for what the story didnt rate the gig much to be fair, maybe due to no smoking in the venue and the bar being shut when Liam sang Cigs and alcohol with a can of stella in his hand.

Then went to Loch Lomond with my mates and my wife 6 months pregnant with my eldest. Cast were great that afternoon as were Black Grape but Oasis did a great show which i actually watched properly for ponce as i took the Mrs up a bank at the bank due to not wanting my child to be squashed.

Then saw them at Finsbury Park which was a great day out, basically a lad heavy football crowd. and the version of Columbia was off the scale. But for me BRMC were just as good and The Charlatans blew Oasis off stage.    

After that they pretty much turned to shit in my eyes.

Saw High Flying Birds a year ago in Margate and it was pretty good - especially the encore of The Mighty Quinn

• Options
    I have always disliked the singing voice of Liam and Noel Gallagher.

• Options
    I saw them in 94 on the NME stage at Glastonbury in the rain at about 4 in the afternoon. They were fucking brilliant. Then saw them headline Glasters the following year

Then: Earls Court for what the story didnt rate the gig much to be fair, maybe due to no smoking in the venue and the bar being shut when Liam sang Cigs and alcohol with a can of stella in his hand.

Then went to Loch Lomond with my mates and my wife 6 months pregnant with my eldest. Cast were great that afternoon as were Black Grape but Oasis did a great show which i actually watched properly for ponce as i took the Mrs up a bank at the bank due to not wanting my child to be squashed.

Then saw them at Finsbury Park which was a great day out, basically a lad heavy football crowd. and the version of Columbia was off the scale. But for me BRMC were just as good and The Charlatans blew Oasis off stage.    

Saw High Flying Birds a year ago in Margate and it was pretty good - especially the encore of The Mighty Quinn

Totally agree about the Charlatans at Finsbury Park. They were superb that day.
  • Options

I distinctly remember the biblical rain, agree about both BRMC and Charlatans both bands I love. Had a fight with a very angry Scottish man just before oasis came on who had his dick out and I'm sure had been pissing on people, I hit him half a dozen times and he would not go down! Seemed like he was on some ballistic drug and tried to bite me as well like some creature from 28 days later 

Also got right down the front and was truly worn out from the tidal heave of the crowd, if you went down you were in trouble. My mate lost one of his trainers and had to bug out by the time stop crying your heart out was performed. Some good samaritan held his trainer in the air for him and he got it back, unbelievably! 

• Options

I still get shivers thinking about Sproston Green at the end.
  • Options
    Seems like everyone saw Oasis at the Venue. All I ever got there was the Baywatch theme tune!
    The Venue was great in those years. That was about the time they started putting tribute bands on, instead of real bands. (You could argue Oasis were a tribute band). It got a lot less indie apart from the top bar.

A few years earlier I saw Radiohead and Suede at The Ven when they were part of NME ‘On’ nights for upcoming bands.

Like Oakster, saw Pulp earlyish also (not early for Pulp I guess). Around 91/92 they seemed to be support at every other gig I went to across London.
  • Options
    Saw them at the Army and Navy Chelmsford in 94, Cliffs Pavilion Southend 95 (there’s a dvd) and after that I can’t remember how many times but there was a period when we followed them around Europe like a football team, seen them in Lille twice don’t remember either 

Went to all the gigs above 2005 Etihad and Wembley with the Enemy and Kasabian fairly memorable (I think 😂)

Nowadays I go to both gigs and you get an oasis gig between Liams stuff and Noels, seen them both a lot in the last year 

I reckon they’ll reform for the money as Noel might need it but a bit like the Roses it will be a short lived payday 

Im sure I’ll be there 😂
  • Options
    Did anyone see them at Greenwich University? 
  • Options
    anyone get tickets for Liam Gallagher Definitely Maybe tour next year, looking for 2 at the O2 if anyone did and now doesn't want them ;)
  • Options
    Also missed out after a morning of sitting in online queues.

Liam could have played a couple of nights at Wembley Stadium with the demand there was. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to Knebworth last year and it was the first time the crowd has aged to the point there wasnt QUITE as much piss bottles being chucked about.

Had a great time listening to the old Oasis bangers.
  • Options
    Just heard Noel Gallagher’s new song. It sounds exactly what a song would sound like if you asked Chat GPT to make a new Noel Gallagher song. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Just heard Noel Gallagher’s new song. It sounds exactly what a song would sound like if you asked Chat GPT to make a new Noel Gallagher song. 
    His first two albums were really great - some really memorable tracks on them. 

The last two albums have been very bland by comparison. It’s as if he’s trying to distance himself from the Oasis sound as far as he can. 
  • Options
    Going to see Noel in Amsterdam on Sunday, can’t say his latest album wows me
    Got Liam tickets for the Thursday