Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McLeod

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
An MK Dons source told me he was at Charlton yesterday for his medical, so it looks like this one is a goer if all went well there.

Views ?

Personally, i think its a good signing and like i said yesterday, is the kind of striker we are looking for; pacy, looking to get behind the defence, and looking to score goals. Think he will give Varney great competition.

Think he will be an asset, and has potential to step up to the next level.

Comments

• Options
    As long as he reigns his temper in he will be a quality signing
  • Options
    Untried, overrated, what we doing?

*ticks boxes for thread, and now post properly*

Decent signing, think him and Varney will be a good pair, both are pacy, and happy to drop off when needed
  • Options
    Think he will be an asset, and has potential to step up to the next level.

Which presumably will be the Izzy pops league.
  • Options
    pleased if true. reckon he could be a handfull at champs level.
  • Options
    Have to say it's another player I know nothing about having seen him score the odd goal on the championship on a Sunday morning & that's about it.

Think he may well be the same level as Varney 20+ at League 1 level. Personally i think all the forwards we have should be OK at this level, as the service they receive this season should be far better than poor Benty got last season.
  • Options
    Bang on, Ketters - Our front men, whoever they are, will only be as good as the service they get.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Izale McLeod is undergoing a medical at Charlton as he looks set to seal a move to The Valley, skysports.com can confirm.

The Milton Keynes Dons striker has been given permission to talk to The Addicks after the two clubs agreed a fee.

The former Derby man has been anxious to move back to at least Championship level after impressing hugely with the MK Dons in recent seasons.

Now McLeod is in the capital as he talks terms with Charlton and looks set to seal a move to The Valley.

Agreed

"Terms have been agreed and we are going to have medical," his representative Tony Finnigan confirmed.

McLeod is set to be Alan Pardew's final addition to a new look strike-force which will consist three further new signings in the shape of Svetoslav Todorov, Chris Iwelumo and Luke Varney.
  • Options
    With players like Reid, Thomas, Ambrose and hopefully McLeod, I've no doubt that we will score goals this season. My real concern is whether we can keep them out at the other end.
  • Options
    score more than we concede and there won't be a problem!
  • Options
    Some stats:

Height: 5ft 11
    MK Dons: 54 goals in 116 apps

Voted League 2 Player of the Year earlier this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont know much about him but he scored shed loads last year so why not.

The only thing that concerns me is the fee.

Will be dissapointed if we have spent over £1m on a 4th division player
  • Options
    if cunning stunt is happy I am happy.
  • Options
    reckon 1m plus add-ons that could reach 1.5m plus. Let's not forget that he's an u-21 intl, how many players from League 2 play at u-21 level. Indie also reckons he was being chased by Leicester,Brum,Derby and another I've forgotten. Watford also rimoured to be interested. Think we've been chasing him for weeks and read somewhere his heart was set on a move to The Valley. Very useful addition in my opinion. (Cole was NEVER on the cards).
  • Options
    TT
    edited August 2007
    I'm going to wait to see what Cunning says he's the expert on strikers after all...

*insert winky piss taking but in a matey down the pub type way smily*

Missing part of the Jigsaw IMHO, big striker & pacy striker combo's. Quick, good finisher, scored goals for fun at most levels, played U21 football... lots of interest but no one willing to take the plunge, Sound like anyone else we know?!
  • Options
    No Patrick Kluivert though is he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]No Patrick Kluivert though is he?

True, he hasn't run someone over in Amsterdam and been an accused rapist
  • Options
    or been on trial at Sheff Wednesday who declined the opportunity to sign him...
  • Options
    Or generally spent the last ten years of his life being shit
  • Options
    lets not get carried away on the U21 thing, his U21 career amassed to 26 minutes !

Southend is right to be cautious, its a lot of money for a 4th div striker, its a risk but he has got potential.

My concern is that Martin Allen, having worked with him and now going for the same prize as us, chose to sign DJ Campbell rather than him.
  • Options
    Allen wanted Mcleod, they bid and enquired, and get knocked back.

Campbell isn't worth £2m
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes AFKA, but it could also be that Allen tried to sign McLeod and got a knock-back.....
  • Options
    There's money at Leicester, if they really wanted him they would of topped what we were offering a month ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]lets not get carried away on the U21 thing, his U21 career amassed to 26 minutes !

Southend is right to be cautious, its a lot of money for a 4th div striker, its a risk but he has got potential.

My concern is that Martin Allen, having worked with him and now going for the same prize as us, chose to sign DJ Campbell rather than him.

I understood that McLeod wanted to come to us. If that is the case it wouldn't matter if Leicester offered more money, which if they did, it couldn't be much more. Maybe he's a born and bred Londoner.
  • Options
    No, I mean got a knock-back from McLeod. He may be one of the many people in the game who view Martin Allen as a complete dick.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]reckon 1m plus add-ons that could reach 1.5m plus. Let's not forget that he's an u-21 intl, how many players from League 2 play at u-21 level. Indie also reckons he was being chased by Leicester,Brum,Derby and another I've forgotten. Watford also rimoured to be interested. Think we've been chasing him for weeks and read somewhere his heart was set on a move to The Valley. Very useful addition in my opinion. (Cole was NEVER on the cards).

Even if the fee does include add-ons that rise up to £2 million - I won't care if he scores 56 goals in 116 matches.
    And if he can do that - hey presto, we can flog him to Spurs for £16.5 million or to the Hammer Scammers
    for £25 million.
  • Options
    Hope it's true. With Varney out for a few games, we really need some pace up there. Toddy has obvious quality but it might have to be for limited periods, while Iwelumo appears more workmanlike. We all know now about Dickson's rough edges, and I'm not sure Walker will ever quite make the step up, despite plenty of endeavour. Would also take some of the pressure off Varney when he returns. Could Izzy start in the Fizzy on Saturday?
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yrl-QAokyA

There's the link for McLeod on YouTube, looks decent.
  • Options
    er u can't be an accused rapist..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]er u can't be an accused rapist..

He was accused, so he's an accused rapist, and on more then 1 occasion as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yrl-QAokyA

There's the link for McLeod on YouTube, looks decent.

marvellous.