Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McLeod

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yrl-QAokyA

There's the link for McLeod on YouTube, looks decent.

Bloody Hell, he looks good.

Great movement off the ball, good touch & composure. Knows where the net is.

Reminds me of Darren Bent........
  • Options
    looks like he's got a bit of quality about him !
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    He's no Carl leaburn though is he :-)
  • Options
    I'm just going to wait and see now. Compared to some we've been linked with recently, he may turn out to be half decent - though a shame to see us lining the pockets of franchise football. He fits the bill of many of the other signings so far - got potential, but not proven experience (and has some disciplinary issues...)

My guess is that the agreed strategy between Pards and the board is:
    - offload the overpaid as far as possible;
    - spend a bit but not too much on a squad with Championship potential to get us into contention;
    - if we're top 6 in Jan, that's when we really splash the cash (perhaps on some players I've heard of, I hope!!)
  • Options
    IZZZZZZZ - EEEEEEEEE.......!
  • Options
    Is he Scottish too, by the way???
  • Options
    Weegie - look at the last bunch of players signed that we'd heard of........
  • Options
    Don't judge too much from YouTube clips, that's how Ericsson has made his summer signings !

In general though, i like the structure of Pardew's signings since he's come in, even if i don't rate all of them.

He's gone for a blend of promising up and coming youngsters from lower divisions (Dickson, Varney, McLeod, Sinclair), players who have performed at this level (Bagherra, Ilewumo, McCarthy)
    promising up and coming youngsters from overseas (Moo2, Samedo, Christensen)
    and a couple of older heads (Weaver, Todorov, Thatcher)
  • Options
    I hadn't heard of some of them either (Diawara - though he then turned out to be one of the better ones...)
    I'm trying to be positive, Oggy, honest...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yrl-QAokyA

There's the link for McLeod on YouTube, looks decent.

I had to laugh at the guy in the crowd shouting at his team on the last goal from the KO.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I hadn't heard of some of them either (Diawara - though he then turned out to be one of the better ones...)
    I'm trying to be positive, Oggy, honest...

I know, Weegie.

But you still haven't forgiven Pards for selling Rommers, have you?

;-)
  • Options
    Nor for signing Thatcher...

Nor for being an arrogant so and so...and anti-Scottish.

I just keep hoping he proves me wrong.
  • Options
    We still need a midfield though!!
  • Options
    Be a good back up player, worrying if he's being signed as a 1st choice striker.
  • Options
    You're like the Simon Cowell of Charlton life...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]My concern is that Martin Allen, having worked with him and now going for the same prize as us, chose to sign DJ Campbell rather than him.

Martin Allen definitely wanted him because I heard him say as much very loudly on his mobile in Twyford Waitrose!
  • Options
    to be fair, from his build, the way he moves/finishes, even the way he runs he looks very bent-like

now lets get that midfielder in!
  • Options
    From the clip it seems that he can kick the ball with either foot and head it - wow!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    no hes been accused of rape, he isn't an accused rapist, particularly if he's been aquitted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stay on thread please.

'From the clip it seems that he can kick the ball with either foot and head it - wow!'

And from the lower leagues as well !! Didn't knowthey had tv cameras in League 2.....
  • Options
    I hate to think what "an MK Dons source" is, AFKA ;-)
    Izale McLeod is undergoing a medical at Charlton as he looks set to seal a move to The Valley, skysports.com can confirm..

The Milton Keynes Dons striker has been given permission to talk to The Addicks after the two clubs agreed a fee.

The former Derby man has been anxious to move back to at least Championship level after impressing hugely with the MK Dons in recent seasons.

Now McLeod is in the capital as he talks terms with Charlton and looks set to seal a move to The Valley.
  • Options
    an accurate one, by the looks of it Inspector....
  • Options
    Not disputing that, I was just pondering that the club has no fans, never mind any sources ;-)
  • Options
    employee
  • Options
    i spent the last 3years of my life at high wycombe university and when i couldnt make/afford to get to the valley i went down to watch wycombe. i saw mcleod play and although he didnbt score everybody was talking about how lively he was. i think it could be a masterstroke i really do! all the excitement has come flooding back today...been doing the wallposters for football betting and its got me right back in the mood! itll be a great year!
  • Options
    Looks tasty to me. Reminds me a bit of Benty: in some clips he was played through and showed good composure 1 on 1 with the keeper.
    One of the midfielders who played him through showed some good skills too!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: markwebb22[/cite]i think it could be a masterstroke i really do!
    I read that as "I think I could masturbate, I really do!" - I need a drink! :o)
  • Options
    ....just another word for 'masterstroke', F-Blocker? ;-)
  • Options
    lol