Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guess the attendance for Saturday

edited August 2007 in General Charlton

Comments

• Options
    23,875 minus me :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]23,875 minus me :-(

;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    25k+ if the weather is good
  • Options
  • Options
    Scunthrope have sold 2,300 tickets, so I'm going for 24,500
  • Options

17500 STH, 2500 Northerners, 1000 walk up.

Out of the 17,500 STH, 500 will be on holiday.
  • Options
    2300 that is very good!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    on the assumption that ST holders are counted in the official attendance regardless if they turn up or not..........22,750

In reality it'll be a bit lower.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When if ever was the last time we played them?
  • Options
    1973 Tav
  • Options
    Cheers AFKA
  • Options
    Just got my ticket for Saturday and also for my only home game of the season the week after.

I reckon there about 14,100 at the Stoke game we will probally take about 600
  • Options
    27,011...this one will sell out, you mark my words...its been a summer without football, holiday bookings are reportedly down and there's only a couple of games on in london saturday afternoon...if the sun is shining, dont stay in the pub unti the last minute if you haven't got a ticket...
  • Options
    LOL.

Sounds like every school in South London will have some freebies.
  • Options
    24, 987
  • Options
    21,212 with holidays etc
  • Options
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Want to go with LTGTR but feel it will be lower- plus the schools aren't back so unlikely to have dished out freebies

25225 if the season tickets are treated as being there.
  • Options
    There aren't any freebies.

A good benchmark would be the Wigan game in August two years ago, the crowd for which was 23,450. However, bear in mind we haven't had a league crowd that big outside the top division since 1977.
  • Options
    I'll go for 22,998.
  • Options
    beearing in mind the local rags etc have been strangely absent with their usual barrage of advertising this summer, are we expecting a pretty disappointing walk up ?

i thought the Braga match was poorly advertised, and the crowd seemed to back that up.
  • Options
    We weren't going to spend any money promoting a pre-season friendly because it doesn't stack up financially, but there's been some newspaper advertising for Scunthorpe and a lot of lower level stuff at summer events.
  • Options
    what's your crowd forecast for Saturday Airman ?
  • Options
    i reckon it'll be announced as 21000ish, though it will be less. due to absent s/t holders.
    remember this time last year. a new era, everyone buzzing about jfh, andy ried, pouso etc. more season ticket holders (i think).
    1st home game v man utd. 25,422 and looked a lot less. though that does include a couple of hundred empty seats in the js stand due to restrictions.
  • Options
    I reckon 23,000. Scunthorpe have sold nearly 2,000, which is a good effort on their part.

It's a fair point that the crowd will feel a lot less than the actual attendance due to absentee season-ticket holders, although Valley Express is ticking along nicely.