Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guess the attendance for Saturday

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    good effort scunnie i must say. reckon itll be about 20000CAFC fans so 22-23 thousand. nice amount...tho i hate empty seats at football stadiums!better get back used to it i guess!
  • Options
    slightly worrying though that the non-season ticket holding Charlton walk up is only between 2-3000 though....
  • Options

(including me and Mr Weegie as absent S/T holders...)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]slightly worrying though that the non-season ticket holding Charlton walk up is only between 2-3000 though....
    i think that may change once people realise that you can "walk up and buy". many people, after 7 years, will automatically think that if you don't have a ticket in advance you wont get one.

We'll see though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]24,027

(including me and Mr Weegie as absent S/T holders...)

me absent too! boo hoo!

• Options
    good turn out by scunny so we should bring 7k when we play up there ..not
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]There aren't any freebies.

A good benchmark would be the Wigan game in August two years ago, the crowd for which was 23,450. However, bear in mind we haven't had a league crowd that big outside the top division since 1977.

giving it an extremely wild guess here but that might have something to do with the ground's capacity in the year's outside the return to the top flight...
  • Options
    2 Billion if ZZ signs permanently....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]21,212
    good turn out by scunny so we should bring 7k when we play up there ..not[/quote]

Yep, but it's Scunthorpe's first match in a new division after promotion and they have the advantage of ex-pat supporters living in and around London, as we know there are few ex-pat Addicks north of Watford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I reckon 23,000.

Looks like Airman Brown knows his stuff !!

Note it was only the 4th highest in our league, and Ispwich and Wolves were just a few behind.

So much for being the big fish in the league....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I reckon 23,000.

Looks like Airman Brown knows his stuff !!

Note it was only the 4th highest in our league, and Ispwich and Wolves were just a few behind.

So much for being the big fish in the league....

23,000 against scunthorpe is a pretty decent crowd to be fair.

We took 3200 to southampton on saturday, and apart from the obvious knock to morale for the saints, that result might really hurt them big time as they had a very large walk up on the day.

I only happen to know this as during the game they flashed up on the big screen how many season tickets they had sold....13,000 ( not an awful lot more than us), which for a club who were for a long time a top flight team they must be really feeling the cost of being championship.
  • Options
    i thought that sos, the away end looked heaving! How come so many went down??
  • Options
    its one of the most attractive games away mcs.rember us filling that away end when we first ever played there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]i thought that sos, the away end looked heaving! How come so many went down??

First game of the season, easy to get to and southampton is a good place for a piss up I would imagine.

I'm looking forward to when we go there. ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]i thought that sos, the away end looked heaving! How come so many went down??

I think we took so many mostly because we finished last season well, and we had a solid pre-season and although we have not spent much I think most of us think PT has bought very well.
    We sold out 3200 tickets they sent us plus we had a few in there end, which is not bad for a team which according to all the experts will do not better than the 11th.
    That's the 4th year in a row we have had to go there so most people know it's a good piss up..and it certainly was.

Long way to go yet and I'm not fooled by one result.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]

I think we took so many mostly because we finished last season well, and we had a solid pre-season and although we have not spent much I think most of us think PT has bought very well.
    We sold out 3200 tickets they sent us plus we had a few in there end, which is not bad for a team which according to all the experts will do not better than the 11th.
    That's the 4th year in a row we have had to go there so most people know it's a good piss up..and it certainly was.

Long way to go yet and I'm not fooled by one result.

The signing of ZZ for you fella's is going to make a huge difference in this league as I cant see many teams living with him.
  • Options
    we wouldnt of sold 3200 first game at west ham! in the prem!

My only saving grace in us having shit away support, is that i thought it was still better than palaces! Clearly its not! It needs to be addressed that pronto! (no offence soso dood,)

Last year we couldnt even sell our allocation at west ham! Now if you want closeness, and a good pizz up, then look no further!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]we wouldnt of sold 3200 first game at west ham! in the prem!

My only saving grace in us having shit away support, is that i thought it was still better than palaces! Clearly its not! It needs to be addressed that pronto! (no offence soso dood,)

Last year we couldnt even sell our allocation at west ham! Now if you want closeness, and a good pizz up, then look no further!

I admire your honesty MCS! I fully expect you'll sell out on the 1st of september though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]we wouldnt of sold 3200 first game at west ham! in the prem!

West Ham was sold out, I couldn't get a ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West Ham did sell out but we didn't have 3,000 tickets - however, with all the bigger London clubs except Arsenal a lot of Charlton fans have stopped going on grounds of price. I haven't been to Chelsea for the last three seasons - apart from the league cup game - and I only went to Spurs last year to accompany a mate who was over from America - on the other hand I was quite happy to go to Bolton in midweek, etc, because it wasn't a rip-off.

I also remember that Palace couldn't sell their tickets last time we played there (on TV) and offered Charlton extra - but our fans wouldn't pay the prices either.
  • Options
    Pricing is going to be a lot different this year.

I wonder how many of the so called 'big club' supporters will be willing to pay £50.00+ for a game when their teams are mid table and losing more often than winning. I can't see Chelski or Arse selling out if they were to fall from grace
  • Options
    palaces away support is shit,ask millwall who are lucky bar the last time to see over 500 nigels there.
  • Options
    i thought that sos, the away end looked heaving! How come so many went down??

Something to do with meeting sailors I think...
  • Options
    Was impressed when i saw Palace sold the away end at Soton, fair play.

I agree with a lot Airman Brown says relating to this. The cost of premiership tickets coupled with the fact we have such a poor away record in recent seasons has got people out of the habit of going regularly.

Once you're out the habit, its sometimes difficult to get back into it. That's why i was determined to go to Stoke on Saturday right from the off. If i start making excuses like its on the telly, it will have a knock on effect, and i really want to go to more aways this year, but secondly our side can really do with decent travelling support.

If you're still not made your mind up about going on Saturday, talk yourself into it !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite] Something to do with meeting sailors I think...

LOL!
  • Options
    our away support is crap in comparison with most other clubs ..FACT... it always has been ( bar the first year up in the premiership when you had to get an away season ticket, valley gold wasn't enough in those days)
    i understand pricing is a big issue but i'm sure they don't make it more expensive for us than other clubs
    we'll bring a few to a new ground yeah but a year later we'll bring nothing
    our home support has risen dramatically in the 30 years i've followed charlton but away numbers aren't that much greater than when we averaged 6k at home and it was poor then
    what can we do about it , i really don't know but the fact remains our away support is abysmal and i'll be the first to admit i don't go to anywhere near as many away games as i used to...
  • Options
    A lot of it is down to young lads wanting to go but not wanting to go on their own. Sites like this help as Ketters, myself, CAFCbourne all used to travel alone or with someone who had to be dragged along.

Secondly the 'family' element of the home support would not give a second thought to going away and that part of our support is a fair chunk of our home support.

The way forward is for someone like a fans director to put his weight behind a campaign to get more fans on the road.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]palaces away support is shit,ask millwall who are lucky bar the last time to see over 500 nigels there.

You need to try and find a Millwall fan who know's what he's talking about (if such a thing exists!)

I've been to every game Palace have played at the new den and a fair few at Cold blow lane. And since they moved to the New Den we are one of the few teams that has sold out the whole away end both upper and lower tier (twice), we also stuffed them 4-1 that day,and after the game those well ard Wall boys ran around happy slapping fans in colours of pretty much any age.If I remember correctly It was the season they were top at xmas and relegated at the end of the season.

The next time we went to the Den after that we did take a small support probably about 800-900 in the upper tier (the lower tier was closed at this point).

Since then the last few times we have been to the Den we have sold the tickets they gave us.

Being realistic if the measure of teams away support is how many they take to the Den, then nobody is going to look very good.

As for our support being shit we took more to Southend on a tuesday night in Feb (for a meaningless game), than you took to White Hart Lane last season.
  • Options
    Massive chomp there SOS...surely you have had your lunch. I'll get battered for this but don't bite SOS, that's what they all want!!

PS - Your still a nigel and I still hate Palace.