Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matthew Perry RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oh how sad. RIP Matthew. 
  • Options
    Seen Friends in it's entirety and episodes here and there more times than I want to imagine. Great show.

Also was a big Fallout fan and voiced Benny in Fallout New Vegas

RIP 
  • Options
    Very sad news to wake up to :( 

RIP Matthew
  • Options
    Very sad news, I had no idea of his struggles in life.
    Great character in Friends with some of the best one liners!

RIP
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    RIP . 
  • Options
    So sad when I heard this in the morning. 

I guess being aged 47 means I am of the "Friends" generation but I actually didn't bother watching it much when all my friends were. 

But then in 2004 I went through a rough patch in my life about the time Friends was finishing and every time I needed cheering up I would watch a couple of episodes and it would work.  Just simple, fun, comedy.

RIP Matthew.  Many demons but such strength to confront them so often and help others along the way.  You were too young.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve seen that before but great excuse to watch it again. He effortlessly made Hitchens look like a complete moron. Rest in peace.
  • Options
    'Have you read anything apart from your book?' was a superb line.

I have no idea why Peter Hitchens gets so much TV time, his brother was the one with the brains and like Matt Perry is sorely missed. R.I.P.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP. Great comic timing and sarcastic wit.  
  • Options
    Rest in peace, I've only seen glimpses of Friends but can name all the characters which is how much the show and its performers transcended the wider world 

Matthew Perry always struck me as a decent man 
  • Options
    Was not that big a fan of Friends, although did appreciate Chandler, loved him in his brief appearance in West Wing and in the Sorkin series Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip!

Sad loss, pleased that its being reported as not immediate drug related, cardiac arrest, but obviously his past will have played a big part in it.

He leaves a legacy of joy!
  • Options
    One of the saddest aspects of this for me, is he was clearly reaching out for support/help

Look at his Instagram, 7 posts in the last 12 days referring to batman, including 3 on the 23rd(2 of which had the bat signal and he even wrote, "Do you know what I mean" and "Do you understand what I'm trying to tell you) 

If you see a post on a friend/family social media that looks like they need someone to talk to, don't be afraid to drop them a message, sometimes it could just be one message that could  remind someone they have people who care about them

That one message could save a life.

R.I.P Matthew and thank you for all the laughs you have given me as Chandler and will continue to give me when I can watch friends again
  • Options
    I’ve always been a massive fan of Friends. Not a week goes by without watching an episode or three. One of those sit coms that has stood the test of time. I’ve not watched an episode yet since Matt passed away and it’s going to be strange watching the next knowing he’s no longer with us.

RIP Matthew, you have given so much joy to so many, you will be missed.
  • Options
    RIP

Does anyone know where I can bulk buy balloons?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never watched an episode of Friends, never appealed to me at all, but reading everything this man has himself faced and the positivity he has been able to create as a result of it is really moving. 

A perfect example of a celebrity using their prominence and reach for good, and for that I will remember him. 

RIP.