Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it a car or a van?

2»

Comments

• Options
    The missus had one of these many years ago - brilliant for carting the boys around to football, rugby, cricket and so on. Just threw everything in the back and off she went!

6 Used Peugeot Partner Combi Cars for sale at Motorscouk
  • Options
    Most modern cars especially the bigger ones are dreadful in terms of their use of space. The van based behicles are far better designed when it comes to a useful interior and space.

I'm surprised how little space some modern cars have - they're far bigger than they need to be.
  • Options
    I remember being charged the commercial rate for taking a KA van through the Dartford tunnel.  I said to the bloke, "You're having a laugh this is smaller than most cars" - he said, "Still a van mate, pay up!"

Blimey that ages me. when was the last time you could pay manually there?  :/

in the late 80's I worked with a man who had a classic Robin Reliant.
    He argued as it only had 3 wheels and no reverse gear, it was considered a trike and should only pay the bike fee. The man on the barrier disagreed, so every time he used the tunnel after that, he would put a bike helmet on as he approached the barrier.
  • Options
    There's a hell of a lot of negative comments on this thread about your good lady friends choice of car. How about some positive comments ffs. I'll start. No-one will want to nick it.
    No-one will try and pull her.
  • Options
    I’d swop my beemer with all its bells and whistles for a belingo or alike with less than 100k on the clock in a heartbeat. 
    It’s no good having all the gadgets in the world but having to fold the dogs in half to get more than one in the back!

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    I’d swop my beemer with all its bells and whistles for a belingo or alike with less than 100k on the clock in a heartbeat. 
    It’s no good having all the gadgets in the world but having to fold the dogs in half to get more than one in the back!

Fwiw I've picked up plenty of dogs in my time driving my little Ford fiesta however in 2023 I really don't think we should be calling them that.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    At the Bexley dump (or Thames Road Waste Transfer Station as they call themselves) a van is defined as:-
    • any vehicle with side panels instead of rear windows
    • any vehicle which has had the rear seats removed permanently
    • the vehicle logbook description will not be accepted
  • Options
    I don't know whether I'd call it a car or a van but regardless, the Citroen Berlingo is one of the ugliest things man has ever created, and something that has been in my head long before this thread. 

Much like the yellow car or mini game where you thump someone whenever you see one, whenever we are out and about and my wife spots a Berlingo she points it out, knowing I have an irrational hatred of them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Huskaris said:
    I don't know whether I'd call it a car or a van but regardless, the Citroen Berlingo is one of the ugliest things man has ever created, and something that has been in my head long before this thread. 

Much like the yellow car or mini game where you thump someone whenever you see one, whenever we are out and about and my wife spots a Berlingo she points it out, knowing I have an irrational hatred of them. 
    I see your Berlingo and raise you the ugliest thing on four wheels ever, the Nissan Juke. Looks like a warthog. Utterly vile, an affront to aesthetics. They should be rounded up and crushed, and their owners sent away somewhere unpleasant to be re-educated. I'm sure it started as a design team joke that got out of control.
    Warthog

Nissan

Pah, that’s not even the ugliest Nissan. What about the cube!?

• Options
    Toyota prius is my pet hate.
  • Options

Close the thread.
  • Options
    my personal horror
    ladies and gentleman I give you Ford Scorpio, successor to the much loved Granada.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Surely not uglier than a Fiat Multipla?

Apologies you're completely right, I hate this equally as much as the Berlingo...

There is absolutely zero reason for a car to be that shape. 
  • Options
    I had a Citroen XM for a while, and quite liked its weird retro/futuristic 80s style. My American boss took the piss out of it relentlessly for being ugly. Arguing the pointing with someone who drove a Volvo 850 estate seemed futile.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Huskaris said:

I see your Berlingo and raise you the ugliest thing on four wheels ever, the Nissan Juke. Looks like a warthog. Utterly vile, an affront to aesthetics. They should be rounded up and crushed, and their owners sent away somewhere unpleasant to be re-educated. I'm sure it started as a design team joke that got out of control.
    Warthog

Nissan

Well, actually, a lot of Japanese stuff.  They often look like when designing them they forgot to include the lights and just went, "ah, well, we'll just plonk them on the top of the wings, the rest of the car is so bland or ugly, no one will notice anyway".

I mean what the feck is that? And who wants a car named after a Town Hall anyway?

New Honda Civic Rear End Revealed - autoevolution
  • Options
    Would palindrome be catchier?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Huskaris said:
    Huskaris said:

Apologies you're completely right, I hate this equally as much as the Berlingo...

Well,  maximum room inside easily carries 6, nice and airy plus a low bonnet line in case of pedestrian impact.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Huskaris said:
    Huskaris said:

Well,  maximum room inside easily carries 6, nice and airy plus a low bonnet line in case of pedestrian impact.
    Yeah, that's great, and I'm no Clarkson, but come on, that's a disgusting looking car. 

I can fit 5 in my BMW 218 (which is also a monstrosity, but it was a family motability car until my dad passed away), so to fit one more person in and know that if I'm moronic enough to hit a pedestrian they might be less likely to fly through my window is not sufficient reason to drive around in that monstrosity....

I genuinely always assumed they were all motability cars. 
  • Options
    Can’t believe Ford have ditched the brilliant S-Max and their best alternative is the Tourneo Connect.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    The missus had one of these many years ago - brilliant for carting the boys around to football, rugby, cricket and so on making additions to my fine whisky collection. Just threw everything in the back and off she went!

Fixed that for you @bobmunro
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

It’s an absolute monstrosity when compared to the 1958 original!

• Options
    Off_it said:
    bobmunro said:
    The missus had one of these many years ago - brilliant for carting the boys around to football, rugby, cricket and so on making additions to my fine whisky collection. Just threw everything in the back and off she went!

Fixed that for you @bobmunro

It certainly did a great job for the annual booze cruise to Calais back in the day! I needed something bigger for the whisky shopping though!