Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham [a] Tickets - initial allocation sold out, extra 96 tickets on sale 2pm Thurs (p5)

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Anyone who’s bought yet, did it say where your seats were? Have we only been given the Scaffold Stand (Brian Moore) or we got some there / some Gordon Rd?
    I have Gordon Road
    Ok, so it’s split then. Cheers 
    I think Gordon Rd IS the away area on the side that we've been allocated.

I believe someone stated that the temporary s"stand" is unsafe...
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Anyone who’s bought yet, did it say where your seats were? Have we only been given the Scaffold Stand (Brian Moore) or we got some there / some Gordon Rd?
    I have Gordon Road
    Ok, so it’s split then. Cheers 
    I think Gordon Rd IS the away area on the side that we've been allocated.

I believe someone stated that the temporary s"stand" is unsafe...
    It’s split, we’ll have two blocks of the side stand and then the corner / lower of the open scaffold
  • Options
    The scaffolding looked on the point of collapse when I went a few seasons ago
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    OK so two questions, 

The first, if I buy Valley Gold, how long does it take for it to recognise my account as valley gold so I am eligible to buy tickets?

Question two, if I do buy valley gold and it registers, how many tickets can I buy cause I would only be really wanting to go if I can bring the two cousins.
    I seem to remember (may have changed recently) that you had to be a Valley Gold member for at least 2 months, so get in now, so your in with a shout on Man City away, in the 3rd round. 🙄
    I would like to think I'd be OK with the loyalty points I have now.

I lived away in Sheffield and Nottingham for 3/4 years and managed to get a ticket to any away game I wanted to go to, I managed to do something like 15 aways in the 18/19 season. They feel like goldust now and I've been a season ticket holder for the 4 years I've been back in South England. Madness.

Hopefully it gets to phase 4 but we will see. More concerned about Orient than Gills tbf, that's the bigun'
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    My guess is Phase 5, possibly 6 will be the likely cut off point
  • Options
    Gillingham really are poor example how these cup ties should be managed. Home tickets were put on sale last week, the away tickets are supplied the week before, put the club under pressure to get a time schedule in place and then to get tickets out. Factor in that they have only given 1,500 will see chaos in the ground as i know people will be buying tickets in the home areas.
  • Options
  • Options
    As someone who attends matches on my own I have never understood the fairness of giving 2 or more tickets per person.
    How I can be considered less worthy of a ticket than a workmate of a Valley Gold member who supports another team but fancies going to a cup game is beyond me.
    However, to encourage the next generation of fan I am fine with allowing more than one ticket if the other is for a junior fan.

Fair point. Totally agree. 
  • Options
    As someone who attends matches on my own I have never understood the fairness of giving 2 or more tickets per person.
    How I can be considered less worthy of a ticket than a workmate of a Valley Gold member who supports another team but fancies going to a cup game is beyond me.
    However, to encourage the next generation of fan I am fine with allowing more than one ticket if the other is for a junior fan.

Bar the recent cup replay it’s always been that way. 

Always be one step ahead 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Always be one step ahead 
    Is the 2 tickets down to kids not being able to buy their own tickets?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    shirty5 said:

Always be one step ahead 
    Is the 2 tickets down to kids not being able to buy their own tickets?
    If a youngster has enough loyalty points there would be nothing to stop them purchasing a couple
  • Options

Completely agree, should only be able to buy your own ticket and one for each account linked to yours who also have enough personal points for that stage of the sale. 

My nephew who is young has his own account that I handle for buying his tickets, so even for the next generation it is easy to handle. 
  • Options
    For popular games with restricted allocations that will sell out, it should be one ticket per person, it’s the only ‘fair’ way. Kids and friends can all link their accounts, so as long as they have the relevant points, they can still get together and in one transaction. 
  • Options
    This may be a stupid question but I am 17 and have just bought a half season ticket. For restricted sale away games does the half season ticket give u any benefits or do I just get to buy if they reach general sale ?
    thanks
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    This may be a stupid question but I am 17 and have just bought a half season ticket. For restricted sale away games does the half season ticket give u any benefits or do I just get to buy if they reach general sale ?
    thanks
    That isn't a stupid question mate, 

The half season ticket I don't imagine will get you any benefits on away tickets, as the value of a season ticket is 230 loyalty points and that doesn't apply until the latter stages. Seeing as it's a half a season it would be 115 I imagine? 

As you are a season ticket holder though, I think you get first dibs on play off games, unless that's changed as well? 

I am sure someone else will know.
  • Options
    On that note, does anyone know how the tickets for this and Leyton Orient are getting on? 
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    thanks

The half season ticket I don't imagine will get you any benefits on away tickets, as the value of a season ticket is 230 loyalty points and that doesn't apply until the latter stages. Seeing as it's a half a season it would be 115 I imagine? 

As you are a season ticket holder though, I think you get first dibs on play off games, unless that's changed as well? 

Ok, thank you .
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    There appears to be a flaw in the way the Gillingham and Orient games (at least) are set up. Once you can log on and buy, because you are eligible, you can successfully allocate extra tickets to other people who don’t qualify (over and above the first guest).

I’ve bought one ticket in my name for Gillingham  already and just tested this out by ordering three more, two allocated to non-STs who are not VG and can’t possibly have sufficient points. 

I didn’t complete this purchase but I’m aware of someone else who has already managed to buy six tickets using only one eligible account.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:
    Can’t help but think we have been done over by Gillingham here - home tickets were on sale Wednesday, and we should have more than 1,500 allocation under FA Rules 
    It certainly looks like that.

The designated 15% allocation equates to 1,737, given the stadium's capacity. It's appears, though, that Gillingham are not offering the 200 tickets usually made available to away supporters in the Gordon Road Stand. Whilst there will be some displaced home supporters as a result of overseas TV coverage - if the cameras are on that side - I can't believe they couldn't have been accommodated elsewhere in that stand.

There was some mention elsewhere on CL that part of the 2003 'temporary' stand was unsafe, so I suppose that's another possible explanation for the reduced allocation of 1,500.
    Hi @Blucher where did you learn that there is overseas coverage?
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    thanks
    nagAddick said:
    thanks

• Options
    There appears to be a flaw in the way the Gillingham and Orient games (at least) are set up. Once you can log on and buy, because you are eligible, you can successfully allocate extra tickets to other people who don’t qualify (over and above the first guest).

I’ve bought one ticket in my name for Gillingham  already and just tested this out by ordering three more, two allocated to non-STs who are not VG and can’t possibly have sufficient points. 

I didn’t complete this purchase but I’m aware of someone else who has already managed to buy six tickets using only one eligible account.
    That is a ridiculous mate. 

I was wondering how someone I know has managed to get 2 tickets when he hasn't got enough points 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    While we're  discussing the loyalty points.
     I think those that go to away games at places like Carlisle,  Blackpool and Fleetwood should get at least double the points than games like orient and Gillingham.
    Depends where you live.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    clb74 said:
     I think those that go to away games at places like Carlisle,  Blackpool and Fleetwood should get at least double the points than games like orient and Gillingham.
    Depends where you live.
    Maybe not.
    If you live in Manchester and you buy a season ticket you've still got to get down for the home games
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Can’t help but think we have been done over by Gillingham here - home tickets were on sale Wednesday, and we should have more than 1,500 allocation under FA Rules 
    It certainly looks like that.

The designated 15% allocation equates to 1,737, given the stadium's capacity. It's appears, though, that Gillingham are not offering the 200 tickets usually made available to away supporters in the Gordon Road Stand. Whilst there will be some displaced home supporters as a result of overseas TV coverage - if the cameras are on that side - I can't believe they couldn't have been accommodated elsewhere in that stand.

There was some mention elsewhere on CL that part of the 2003 'temporary' stand was unsafe, so I suppose that's another possible explanation for the reduced allocation of 1,500.
    Hi @Blucher where did you learn that there is overseas coverage?
    Hi @PragueAddick - I'm pretty sure I read that on Gillingham's website
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    clb74 said:
    redbuttle said:
    clb74 said:
    Depends where you live.
    Maybe not.
    If you live in Manchester and you buy a season ticket you've still got to get down for the home games
    The current set up is the fairest method. If you start counting distance it all gets far too contentious and complicated. 
    I agree Croydon.
    It's only when you start to think about it.
    Left home yesterday at 6.15am and got in at 11.30pm
    If I were going Gillingham.
    10 minute lift to Brom south and I'd be down there in 35 minutes.