Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Minutes Applause Last Night

2»

Comments

• Options
    I will repeat - he was the England manager. We are an English club. So in my opinion it was justified.  
  • Options
    For me, only a club/country legend should be honoured with a minute’s silence/applause. 

Others should just have a black armband and acknowledgment in the programme. 

So, for me a Bobby Charlton type would get the applause but a Bart-Williams type would get an armband. 
  • Options
    I will repeat - he was the England manager. We are an English club. So in my opinion it was justified.  
    Only counts if they pick our players for the England team though. Will be a sad day when Sven meets his maker.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Not sure I agree with the sentiment of the original post. Nothing was organised at the Valley for BC because it had already been marked at Lincoln.

Just as I highly doubt that Cheltenham will organise anything at their place for TV as they’d already been part of it at ours.

We weren’t alone last night. A brief search of “venables applause” shows tributes taking place at Spurs, Leeds, Cardiff, Watford, Coventry, Orient, Notts County, Forest Green and I’m sure there’s many others.

How many other minutes applauses have there actually been this season? Maybe two or three?
    So that is the policy, we never have a minutes silence/applause if we have already done it at a previous away game?

In a nutshell, yes. To avoid having remembrances going on every other week.

There's complaining on this thread about having *too many* remembrances already yet you seem to want to go the opposite way and have one home and away for each person.
  • Options
    Can we have a minutes slow hand clap if Burger Boy gets the sack next week?
  • Options
    Can we have a minutes slow hand clap if Burger Boy gets the sack next week?
    I'd rather have a South-American style cavalcade with people shooting guns in the air like excitable bandits.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Not sure I agree with the sentiment of the original post. Nothing was organised at the Valley for BC because it had already been marked at Lincoln.

Just as I highly doubt that Cheltenham will organise anything at their place for TV as they’d already been part of it at ours.

We weren’t alone last night. A brief search of “venables applause” shows tributes taking place at Spurs, Leeds, Cardiff, Watford, Coventry, Orient, Notts County, Forest Green and I’m sure there’s many others.

How many other minutes applauses have there actually been this season? Maybe two or three?
    So that is the policy, we never have a minutes silence/applause if we have already done it at a previous away game?

In a nutshell, yes. To avoid having remembrances going on every other week.

There's complaining on this thread about having *too many* remembrances already yet you seem to want to go the opposite way and have one home and away for each person.
    never said that.  I agree with the opinion we have far too many, but a world cup winner an exception needs to be made.
  • Options
    I wonder if Sam Allardyce will get one.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I wonder if Sam Allardyce will get one.
    One clap, Taskmaster style?  :D