Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matchday pubs

2»

Comments

• Options
    Resurrecting this thread...

I have some Carlisle mates coming to the game and keen to meet for a pre match beer.

When did the Rose of Denmark stop allowing away fans pre match? Is that a strict policy?

Always thought they were mixed fans pre match, but it's been a while since I went for a beer before the game...

Go to the Spoons in Woolwich.
  • Options

I have some Carlisle mates coming to the game and keen to meet for a pre match beer.

When did the Rose of Denmark stop allowing away fans pre match? Is that a strict policy?

Always thought they were mixed fans pre match, but it's been a while since I went for a beer before the game...

Anchor and Hope allows both I believe. Bugle Horn and RoD home fans only.

I've been to the Angerstein with some Oxford supporting mates and since the refurb it's not a bad place to drink.
  • Options
    Or you could go to the Abbey Arms right next to Abbey Wood station.  Nice pub and i doubt they will care who your mates support. I believe a few Charlton are drinking there pre match now.

• Options

Anchor in hope should be fine.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Or you could go to the Abbey Arms right next to Abbey Wood station.  Nice pub and i doubt they will care who your mates support. I believe a few Charlton are drinking there pre match now.

Son and I do exactly that. Remember trains are only 2 hourly this Saturday apparently.

14.12 is last one to get you there on time (14.26). Next is 14.42 that arrives Charlton 14.56. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for the advice. Super helpful and saved loads of hassle.

Now just need to figure out where to watch the rugby afterwards. Thanks again charltonlife - you are the best!
  • Options
    Thank you all for the advice. Super helpful and saved loads of hassle.

Now just need to figure out where to watch the rugby afterwards. Thanks again charltonlife - you are the best!
    I wouldn't bother with the rugby unless you're Irish, mate! I'm glad I'll be in transit home when it's on.