Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dean Lewington .. Record Breaker

Today (26/12/23) Dean  played his 771st game for MKD, breaking the long standing EFL/Football League record for appearances for one club previously held by John Trollope for Swindon Town.
Lewington also played 29 games for the 'original' Wimbledon F C

Congratulations to an always consistent and hard working pro

Dean Lewington - Wikipedia

Comments

• Options
    One club with two names…the franchise should never have been allowed, but…

…Fair play to Lewington. It will have taken a degree of dedication and sacrifice to stay consistently fit and relevant over so many seasons.
  • Options
    Respect
  • Options
    Ridiculously consistent career. If he had been a Charlton player I'm sure injuries would have made him retire years ago...
  • Options
    Incredible really. If that ever gets asked at a pub quiz, then the least likely club anyone would ever guess it to be is MK Dons.
  • Options
    Never liked him as a player (probably because he was always too unforgiving), but he'd have been the sort of player I'd have loved to see sign for us. Sadly we never seem to get them, or if we do we Charltonise them.  Hat's off to him. Incredible record.  
  • Options
    Could have joined us in 2017
  • Options
    Well done to Deano, nice family (despite his Dad being Palace asst mgr).
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    More appearances for MK Dons than the whole of our squad has made in total for us!
  • Options
    He’s never had a bad game against us . I wish we could say that for some of our players. Total respect 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And at the time he was seen as a veteran, and that was 5/ 6 years ago!
  • Options
    As many appearance as we've had players over the last few years. 
  • Options
    before one of our games at MK, I had a brief chat with his dad Ray in a restaurant near the stadium .. I mentioned the connection with us, according to Ray he was quite tempted but was 'well settled' at MKD, got on well with the manager and owner and decided to give us a miss .. he would have been just the type we needed (and still do), and would have made a great captain and later, a terrific coach which I am sure he will become very shortly .. also, Ray was a very friendly and approachable man and, of course, has been Roy Hodgson's right hand man since God was a nipper
  • Options
    Sure his old man was at Spurs under Venables for a while n all?
  • Options
    He's very ginger.
  • Options
    If I am right, I have seen him play for Spurs Youth v Charlton in his youth days. 
  • Options
    He was quite good in The Business.

Not so great in Green Street though.
  • Options
    Could he have broken the record with Belfast Utd?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    He's very ginger.
    Delete Ginger and replace it with a descriptive skin colour…
  • Options
    Amazing record set by a fine professional. 
    Always plays well against us too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    He's very ginger.
    Delete Ginger and replace it with a descriptive skin colour…
    Why?
  • Options
    Because it’s bullying behaviour (usually used by dicks who melt as soon as you give it back).

Unless there is a context for it @p@PopIcon?
  • Options
    Bullying behaviour - saying someone has ginger hair?

Who is being bullied exactly, Dean Lewington?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Off_it said:

There’s a picture of someone with ginger hair that everyone can see at the top of the thread. Everyone can see it.

edit - there isn’t a picture, but a link to a thread with a picture.

so what is the point of a post simply stating  “he’s very ginger”? Unless to suggest it’s appropriate to bully / laugh at people with ginger hair?

the world has thankfully moved on from laughing at (and bullying) people with ginger hair (substitute with any other number of characteristics). 

Unless of course you think there is a reason for the post that I’m missing?

• Options
    Off_it said:

There’s a picture of someone with ginger hair that everyone can see at the top of the thread. Everyone can see it.

so what is the point of a post simply stating  “he’s very ginger”? Unless to suggest it’s appropriate to bully / laugh at people with ginger hair?

the world has thankfully moved on from laughing at (and bullying) people with ginger hair (substitute with any other number of characteristics). 

So, there is no picture. OK, carry on.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

So, there is no picture. OK, carry on.

2nd paragraph down I acknowledge that. So, what was the reason for the post? 

Perhaps only @poplcon   can answer that, then we can stop the debate.

@poplcon, why that post?

• Options
    Congratulations to a consistent player. He even managed to train with us (under Robinson) and not get injured.
  • Options
    Presumably, his legs haven’t gone
  • Options
    He’s very pasty 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    He’s very pasty 
    Hmm, is that socially acceptable these days? I mean, someone might get offended.

I'm sure someone will be along to put us right and let us know soon enough.