Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play In RED

2»

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Arsenal are currently playing Liverpool, Arsenal in all white and Liverpool in all purple, so who knows anymore. 
    I just turned it on and thought I’d selected the wrong game on ESPN. Any explanation why the Arse are in white? I think white numbers on white shirts, with the sponsors name in white is a bizarre choice. Good job it’s not snowing. 
    Some sort of knife crime campaign, presumably anti rather than pro. 
  • Options
    It's the No More Red campaign to raise awareness about knife crime and aims to keep kids out of trouble through sport. A very nice touch from Arsenal as that area is rife with that kind of stuff unfortunately.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    It's the No More Red campaign to raise awareness about knife crime and aims to keep kids out of trouble through sport. A very nice touch from Arsenal as that area is rife with that kind of stuff unfortunately.
    Who isn’t aware of knife crime?
  • Options
    Totally agree red is our identity. How we can agree to not wear red for half of our games astounds me.  

Another example of a poorly run club.

Why not go the whole hog and agree to wear a different colour at home for a few extra £.

• Options
    I know it has been said many times before but PLEASE JUST PLAY IN RED.

Could this be the reason we’re always conceding late goals and losing?
    No, that’ll be cause we’re shit 
  • Options
    conker said:
    Totally agree red is our identity. How we can agree to not wear red for half of our games astounds me.  

Why not go the whole hog and agree to wear a different colour at home for a few extra £.

Commercial people will agree anything in my experience. We had one once who wanted to remove gate stewards from pitchside because they were blocking the ads. You need management who see the bigger picture.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Who isn’t aware of knife crime?
    Lol...you know what I mean SE9!
  • Options
    Can't we just wear a red shirt with UoG on it? 
  • Options
    conker said:

Most clubs in the country do it, not sure it's an example of us being poorly run
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fenaddick said:
    conker said:

Most clubs in the country do it, not sure it's an example of us being poorly run
    Most clubs have different home and away sponsors?
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Can't we just wear a red shirt with UoG on it? 
    Doubt if RSK would like that.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    RedChaser said:
    Stig said:
    One good thing (we'll, maybe the only good thing) to come out of today's match. Is that it completely shows up the nonsense about colour blindness to be the hogwash that it is. Home team plays in white/black/white kit so we go all black with white trim. Unbelievable Jeff.
    Yep the PV friend I went with today asked me why we weren’t playing in Red & White especially as PV were wearing black shorts as were  the officials who also had black socks! Had I been the ref I would have insisted Charlton change of socks as a minimum.
    Charlton have contracted not to play in red away from home unless both change kits clash. It’s bonkers IMO.
    Contract with kit manufacturer or away sponsor ? 
    UoG.

it has nothing to do with results. It’s all about identity. Why else do fans wear red away from home?

Ultimately this is a function of the club being too weak commercially to attract a single shirt sponsor (which is ethically satisfactory, I.e. not a betting company). That’s not just a CAFC problem. 

UoG is a good brand but we shouldn’t have them dictating what kit the team wears for a deal which is likely to be of minimal if any cash value to the club.

We should wear red whenever we can because that is part of our identity. It’s more important than any sponsor.
    Steve Sutherland, who I thought was the Commercial Manager, hopefully can change things.
  • Options
    Just watching the EFL highlights. Coventry are playing Leicester. Both teams in all blue kits. It's mental.
  • Options
    edited January 14
    Coventry were in Sky blue stripes and Leicester in plain dark blue 
  • Options
    There it is in writing, we're contractually obligated to wear the black kit unless that kit itself clashes, and I imagine the next choice, unless it also clashes, is actually the white third kit (to justify having it) instead of the red home. 

The problem with having 2 kit sponsors who want an equal slice of the pie
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    conker said:

Most clubs have different home and away sponsors?
    sorry only just seen this, they don’t have different home and away sponsors but they will will wear the away kit more often than strictly necessary. At the top level this is because the manufacturer will want to sell as many of each of their 3 kits as possible 
  • Options
    Well done the Club.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Well done the Club.
    and UoG
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New world speak. 

Home kit! And Men’s first team! 
  • Options
    If we are contracted to wear the away shirt away why did we wear red at Reading?
  • Options
    conker said:
    If we are contracted to wear the away shirt away why did we wear red at Reading?
    Because UoG agreed. It's in the article a few posts up. 
  • Options
    Thanks I obviously missed that. 

From the article "popular black away kit" with who?