Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Oxford Utd : Monday 1st January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• I can't imagine Oxford will have an easier fixture this year.
    They might play us next season if we’re lucky.
  • Completely wasting 2 corners, one after the other
  • Down to 14th
  • FT 1-2...We don't deserve that, and a draw would have been more like it...
    Yeah kids for the most part did alright, like Joe Pigott all those years ago its not their fault to be thrown into this position... Imagine many wouldnt have expected us to even take the lead in this game today.
  • edited January 1
    xG 0.80-1.04. Eleven shots each. Beaten by a 0.02 xG shot. That’s the Charlton luck.

• Third defeat on the spin. Six without a win. Two wins in 12. No clean sheets in 12.

• Don’t worry Micky Apples will fix it!
  • How many youngsters played this season now?
    They aren’t good enough but all there is with trash senior players like Edun, Fraser etc  
  • Sponsored links:

• Dobson standing there at the end looking aghast. I somehow don't think he will sign that new contract tonight.
  • Surely he has to go, do it while the transfer window just opened so we have time 
  • Referee from the MLS has shown promise today for sure...

Has a potential decent future in the English game, much better than what I thought of Jarred Gillett the first time I saw him.
  • edited January 1
    1 point from the festive fixtures. Not fit to wear the shirt and led by a brain dead bald Cnut
  • aliwibble said:
    Anderson flattened in our half, we have a free kick but the ref blows for full time a few seconds afterwards
    FT 1-2
    Ref's a realist, he knows we're shit!
  • You can't win them all and some of the players are back on the grass. We go again 
  • xG 0.80-1.04. Eleven shots each. Beaten by a 0.02 xG shot. That’s the Charlton luck.
    Luck? Nope.ross1 said:

Third defeat on the spin. Six without a win. Two wins in 12. No clean sheets in 12.
    THAT'S why. We're just not good enough. I don't care what the xG or whatever says. We're far too weak and error prone.
  • Bye Bye Appleton
  • ross1 said:

Third defeat on the spin. Six without a win. Two wins in 12. No clean sheets in 12.
    thats just not good enough!
  • Sponsored links:

• MrBurns said:
    You can't win them all and some of the players are back on the grass. We go again 
    We currently can't win any. 
  • Dobson standing there at the end looking aghast. I somehow don't think he will sign that new contract tonight.
    Same
  • Oxford didn't have to work hard and they're 6th!  Now 6 points off relegation spot and need 6 wins to be safe. I never thought I'd be saying that but my word we need some players now. 
  • He has to go. There is no way he can possibly stay. 

I hope so, but ive got a feeling he'll stay until after the window - then go
  • No plan B what so ever - you’ve got players not being able to beat the first man on a cross 4 times! Injuries or not he tactically is a one trick pony not the right guy for us.
  • Can't wait to hear Appleton saying how well we played again.
  • Appleton ended the game with Rylah and Casey up front is surely a message to the board to get a deal done for a striker.
    What so he can play him at left back ffs?
    He isn't above the abuse, been a part of, and indeed the captain of, this absolute shower of shit
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!