Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Year, New You blah blah

So dieting, fitness, learning a language, changing your ways etc etc 

Starting the new year, who is attempting to do what in 2024?

Comments

• Options
    retox not detox 
  • Options
    edited January 2
    I’ve got to diet otherwise I’m likely to explode like Mr Creasote in the Monty Python sketch when he eat a paper thin wafer!

https://youtu.be/uRpt4a6H99c?si=BWtBE-6sCuSH9SMm
  • Options
    Something simple for me...just try cooking a new dish every couple of weeks at least. I like cooking but always find myself doing similar stuff so wanna broaden my horizons! 

Id say lose weight but thats more continuing than starting haha!
  • Options
    Working through the house and garages to clear out all the crap we have accumulated over the years house is at bursting point so its got to be done. Happy New Year All.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Absolutely nothing, just because it's a new year.

If you REALLY want to change something about yourself, better yourself, or learn something new, just do it, don't wait around til the calender changes
    A fine speech, for June.

But ... seeing as it IS the New Year now, what better reason to actually do something different.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Absolutely nothing, just because it's a new year.

If you REALLY want to change something about yourself, better yourself, or learn something new, just do it, don't wait around til the calender changes
    thats the spirit!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I’ve got to diet otherwise I’m likely to explode like Mr Creasote in the Monty Python sketch when he eat a paper thin wafer!

https://youtu.be/uRpt4a6H99c?si=BWtBE-6sCuSH9SMm
    A wafer thin mint!
  • Options
    I'm going to have a go at couch to 5k. Might try some park runs after that. Nothing to do with new year though. Not sure if I'll manage it, as Im still carrying an old bird watching injury. 
  • Options
    Just been diagnosed with high blood pressure, high cholesterol and underperforming kidneys (despite leading a relatively healthy and active life...), so my resolutions are:-

- Remember to take my new best friends (medication).
     - Lose a bit of weight.
     - Eat more fruit and veg and less pizza
     - exercise daily.

All of the above designed to reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke within the next 10 years.

It comes to many of us, but now is the time of my life when a new years resolution needs to stay permanent..

ps I had no symptoms for any of the issues but it was picked up in a routine health check. Had that not happened, I would have been walking merrily towards a lifechanging event - if you can, get yourself checked over.

• Options
    Starting on a small project to allow me to take early retirement!
    Are you our next manager and you’re getting a pay off written in?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I'm going to have a go at couch to 5k. Might try some park runs after that. Nothing to do with new year though. Not sure if I'll manage it, as Im still carrying an old bird watching injury. 
    No need for us to know your kinks Stig :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been meaning to make sure I take a lunch hour whilst working from home rather than ploughing on with work, and get out for a walk for an hour, fresh air etc.

Today is not that day though given I'm likely to be hit by flying For Sale boards!
  • Options
    I need to find the time to do couch to 5k again as my parkrun times are getting far too shitty. 
    I also want to do some sort of volunteering to bring my karma back up to average
  • Options
    Going to try and do as many away games as possible 
  • Options
    No drinking Mon-Thurs (hard)
    Min 10k steps every day (easy)
    Work out why my left leg aches so much after running 5k so I can get back to doing that a few times a week rather than once a week at present
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Fumbluff said:
    I need to find the time to do couch to 5k again as my parkrun times are getting far too shitty. 
    I also want to do some sort of volunteering to bring my karma back up to average
    Just lost three fence panels due to current winds.
    If you could pick some up on the way over, it would be appreciated 
    So impatient, give it half an hour and someone else’s panels will blow into your garden through the hole…
  • Options
    red10 said:
    Working through the house and garages to clear out all the crap we have accumulated over the years house is at bursting point so its got to be done. Happy New Year All.
    Likewise, we’ve got so much toot everywhere. I made a start before Xmas using freecycle etc. I’m amazed what people actually want. 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Do you like shovelling chicken shit? Amazingly some people volunteer at the hen sanctuary because it’s an outside gym (and free!)
  • Options
    Walked on average 7 miles a day last year, despite that I’ve put on a stone over the year. I need to watch was I eat & drink, so I’ve started using my fitness pal to log my intake, so not to over eat & dinner. Hopefully with my walking, I should lose the timber.
    Surprised at that mate as always see your walks on twitter and as I understand it, it’s one of the best ways to lose weight.  That being said diet is important as you get older (and I don’t mean that in derogatory way).  

I’m not gonna do any alcohol for the foreseeable.  I’ve done 3 months off the booze before in recent years, so I think it’s doable.  Gonna try and be a regular on the peloton as well.  I’ve had it for almost 3 years, but finding the time since my boy was born is tough.  I like hit and hill exercises, but sometimes it can be up to 2 weeks in between getting on. It means I’m knackered as I’m not building up a stamina.  I’ve managed to stay at a level for a while now, but I would like to kick on and beat my PB