Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Storm Henk

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone know a ‘Henk’?
  • Options
    Jesus !!

Never heard wind like it. Its blowing a real gale in Bromley atm. 

How's it for you ?
    Forget never heard wind like it . I’ve never the name Henk before . Bloody stupid name 
    Dutch.

Bloody foreign storms, coming over here, blowing our garden gates about.
    Quite. I thought Brexit would have done away with all this Euro nonsense. Should be called Storm Clive 
    Did they get rid of the alphabet after Brexit?
  • Options
    edited January 2
    Macronate said:
    Henk Rogers - Wikipedia the fella who helped ensure Nintendo got the rights to Tetris

He's American / Dutch though
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    https://media.info/people/henk-potts
  • Options
    On a flight just about to take off from Gatwick, could be interesting
  • Options
    Apparently the met offices from UK, Ireland and Netherlands compile a list names of people who do a lot to combat bad weather and then name the storms after them.

Learned that today after a short "what the bloody hell is a Henk?" conversation with the wife.
  • Options
    Three fence panels gone - Blackfen
  • Options
  • Options
    The Bexleyheath and Sidcup lines aren't open from London Bridge...
  • Options
    Just been out to check on the hens. One run had a largish branch on the roof but no obvious damage.
    over in the woody bit a small but tall tree had fallen on the broilers’ run. They don’t go in their coop at night so we’re out and quite frightened. Mr Tatters managed to move the tree to a safe bit for us to sort tomorrow. 
    Hope it stops soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2
    Should/hopefully calm down by 11/12pm.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    The Bexleyheath and Sidcup lines aren't open from London Bridge...
    I just got on a train from Cannon Street 10 mins ago on the Bexleyheath line. Speeding down the the tracks.
  • Options
    Jesus !!

Never heard wind like it. Its blowing a real gale in Bromley atm. 

How's it for you ?
    Forget never heard wind like it . I’ve never the name Henk before . Bloody stupid name 
    Dutch name I believe.
  • Options
    My son was nearly taken out by a falling tree in Blackfen. First thing he did was to take a video. Never mind the risk to life and limb 🙄
  • Options
    A few fence panels down
  • Options
    Luckily there's a storm, or I'd have to go outside and pick up the contents of my two full wheelie bins that blew over. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Henk Potts. Used to do a business section - believe it or not- on Alan Brazil's breakfast show on Talksport.

Mind you, discussion usually turned to how many drinks Brazil had had the night before!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Windy and rainy in winter. This never happened  before climate change.
  • Options
    Apparently a woman has been seriously injured by a fallen tree outside Orpington Station late this afternoon!
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Three fence panels gone - Blackfen
    Why three fence panels gone to Blackfen mate?
  • Options
    When I read the title of this thread I thought it was our first signing!
  • Options
    Hank's wank mate. 
  • Options
    My son has been queuing at the Lakeside roundabout since 5.30pm due to the bridge closure. That was still the case at 8.45pm. Told me he is starving. 
  • Options
    Possibly some of the strongest wind gusts since we moved down here (over 13 years ago) even blew out the piolet gas light in our boiler (needed to reset it 4-5 times), something that has only happened on one previous occasion....calm now till the next one.
  • Options
    Fridge broke in the morning, then Henk blew a tree down on the Mrs' car and then I found out I have Covid again. 

Yesterday was an absolute nightmare!
  • Options
    Fridge broke in the morning, then Henk blew a tree down on the Mrs' car and then I found out I have Covid again. 

Yesterday was an absolute nightmare!
    Happy new year!