Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    No Jadeja or KL Rahul for the next test , Washington Sundar , Sarfraz Khan and Saurabh Kumar called in

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/jadeja-and-rahul-ruled-out-of-second-test-against-england-1418871
    Oh No Anyway GIF - Oh No Anyway - Discover  Share GIFs
  • Options
    Sarfaraz Khan has been a long time in the offing. Domestically a monster, also devoured England Lions whole last week. Big lad, which you always love to see in internationals
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sarfaraz Khan has been a long time in the offing. Domestically a monster, also devoured England Lions whole last week. Big lad, which you always love to see in internationals
    Not sure what has taken them so long to pull the trigger on playing him. Bowls leggies too which is useful with Rav Jad out
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Not sure what has taken them so long to pull the trigger on playing him. Bowls leggies too which is useful with Rav Jad out
    I mean, he's not going to play, he's the reserve batsman. Unless they're sick of Gill, which tbf they ought to be
  • Options
    I hope Rishabh Pant is fit too play soon after being out for over a year after his horror car crash. Only 25 so hopefully he can overcome the multiple injuries and burns to return to top line cricket.
  • Options
    I hope they do and thankfully they won't listen to me but I would advise India not to panic. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    No Jadeja or KL Rahul for the next test , Washington Sundar , Sarfraz Khan and Saurabh Kumar called in

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/jadeja-and-rahul-ruled-out-of-second-test-against-england-1418871
    Jadeja is a big loss, India either will have to weaken their bowling by replacing Jadeja with Washington, or weaken their batting by picking Yadav who's a tailender.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Jadeja is a big loss, India either will have to weaken their bowling by replacing Jadeja with Washington, or weaken their batting by picking Yadav who's a tailender.
    They have to pick Yadav anyway, I'd say. Sweeping becomes harder against mystery spin
  • Options
    Stokes' brilliant fielding yesterday was the first time that Jadeja has ever been run out in Test cricket (101 innings). It is safe to say that Ashwin's dismissal in the first innings wasn't the only time that Jadeja has left his partner stranded!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably belongs more on the county side of things but I see Leicestershire have signed Will Puckovski as an overseas for the start of the championship, given his major history of concussions this feels like a gamble, but if he can stay healthy it will be interesting to see how he goes. 
  • Options
    Root has more Test runs than the whole of India's squad for the match starting Saturday
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Probably belongs more on the county side of things but I see Leicestershire have signed Will Puckovski as an overseas for the start of the championship, given his major history of concussions this feels like a gamble, but if he can stay healthy it will be interesting to see how he goes. 
    He was over here last summer playing for Weybridge in the Surrey Championship - 428 runs @ 61.14 in the Premier Division out of an overall 614 @ 55.82 despite the fact that he was out three times for a duck. 
  • Options
    Watching the U19s vs Australia, I think Farhan Ahmed is already a better bowler than his brother. Predicting right now he'll be England's main spinner within 5 years, unless Bashir turns out to be a gun 
  • Options
    8 overs for 19 so far, on a flat deck, against Australia's proper batsmen. Incredible control, variation and anticipation 
  • Options
    Their father was actually a fast bowler, but produced 2 spinners!
  • Options
    10 overs for 24

Wylie also bowled well, got some turn, and can bat. Oh god. Their battle will be legendary etc 
  • Options
    edited January 31
    Their father was actually a fast bowler, but produced 2 spinners!
    And a left arm seamer - the eldest lad, Raheem, is a left armer on Notts books as is Farhan at Notts 
  • Options
    Wylie bowls the 48th, gets the main man out and concedes 1 run. Handy 
  • Options
    edited January 31
    Leuth said:
    10 overs for 24

Wylie also bowled well, got some turn, and can bat. Oh god. Their battle will be legendary etc 
    He is a "like for like" replacement for Jaydn Denly as opener and left arm orthodox. Poor Jaydn hasn't done badly with the ball (19.2-1-78-4) but has had a bit of a nightmare time with the bat as he's scored 96 runs in his last 11 innings and failed to get beyond 2 in the other 9 appearances at the crease.

Wylie has finished with 4-42 off his 10 overs and it will be interesting to see how he does opening. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Australia finish on 266-6 after 20 off the final over
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    10 overs for 24

He is a "like for like" replacement for Jaydn Denly as opener and left arm orthodox. Poor Jaydn hasn't done badly with the ball (19.2-1-78-4) but has had a bit of a nightmare time with the bat as he's scored 96 runs in his last 11 innings and failed to get beyond 2 in the other 9 appearances at the crease.

Wylie has finished with 4-42 off his 10 overs and it will be interesting to see how he does opening. 

Smashed a 4, was dropped at slip and then trapped LBW for 7 (9) 
  • Options
    McKinney looking like prime Trescothick out there 
  • Options
    Plays the Kyle Mayers shot then gets out. Kids these days 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    McKinney looking like prime Trescothick out there 
    He did. Unfortunately, after smashing a maximum over the cover boundary, he tried an extravagant drive with the next ball that came sharply back at him. Shame because he played a beautiful block drive earlier on for four and perhaps the previous ball's success got into his head. With that I suspect our chances of us getting into the semis might have disappeared. 

32-2 off 4
  • Options
    Hamza Shaikh looking very classy. How long will it last this time? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Hamza Shaikh looking very classy. How long will it last this time? 
    One to you!!!!
  • Options
    Gottimmmm
  • Options
    This Vidler just lulls a batsman into a false sense of security. Bowls good and bad balls at 90mph!
  • Options
    Thain looking good...