Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Office Horizon scandal

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    It’s a difficult but compelling watch this.
    I wonder how the families feel watching this? Pleased she’s being put firmly on the sport or outraged that she’s got a platform to talk her way out of it? 
    Like a soap opera but for real. Waiting for someone to shout out "Liar Liar Pants On Fire".
  • Options
    edited May 23

Beer... "Are you saying that what you typed was a misunderstanding between you and the keyboard?" 

This is getting surreal.

I blame mirrors, Vennels must've looked at herself in the mirror and said 'you're alright', and believed what she told herself.

• Options
    Difficult to believe that she’s also an ordained Anglican priest!
  • Options
    Tomorrow should be interesting when the barristers for the Sub Postmasters will get a chance to question her. A couple of them don't hold back with their questioning.
  • Options
    And we are always told that these people earning mega-bucks salaries are worth it because they are the best people for the job. 

Christ on a bike. I reckon anyone one of us could have done a much better job for a fraction of her salary. Unless she wasn't that incompetent and is just lying. Which one is it Ms Vennells ?
  • Options
    And we are always told that these people earning mega-bucks salaries are worth it because they are the best people for the job. 

Christ on a bike. I reckon anyone one of us could have done a much better job for a fraction of her salary. Unless she wasn't that incompetent and is just lying. Which one is it Ms Vennells ?
    My money is on 'both'
  • Options
    Vennalls is nothing but a venal fraud and liar .. however given how quickly news moves on and new villains hit the headlines, she'll soon fade into obscurity having nicked 10 years salary and a lot of misawarded bonus money .. I hope that the above is wrong and before long she has her collar felt and she's 'brought before the courts'
  • Options
    Vennalls is nothing but a venal fraud and liar .. however given how quickly news moves on and new villains hit the headlines, she'll soon fade into obscurity having nicked 10 years salary and a lot of misawarded bonus money .. I hope that the above is wrong and before long she has her collar felt and she's 'brought before the courts'
    No chance of her having her collar felt, nether will any of the scumbags responsible for this scandal. You just know it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No chance of her having her collar felt, nether will any of the scumbags responsible for this scandal. You just know it.
    The problem is that any prosecutions would, almost inevitably, be inclined to bring in to focus the actions/inactions of governments, so politicians are unlikely to support such efforts.

Obviously, the Police and CPS are entirely independent of government, and would never fall in with the wishes of Ministers...
  • Options
    The problem is that any prosecutions would, almost inevitably, be inclined to bring in to focus the actions/inactions of governments, so politicians are unlikely to support such efforts.

Obviously, the Police and CPS are entirely independent of government, and would never fall in with the wishes of Ministers...
    tongue well in cheek there of course
  • Options
    Very well deserved , hopefully this will lead to justice for all those affected by this scandal. Without the tenacity of Alan Bates this would have been so much harder.
  • Options
    Watching the BBC interview with Sir Alan Bates.
    I am in awe of the man.
  • Options
    VERY well deserved award, BUT (excuse the diversion), no recognition for Kevin Sinfield (so far I hope) yet luvvies like Staunton and Emin (w t f ) are ennobled. The awards silly season goes on and on and ....
  • Options
    VERY well deserved award, BUT (excuse the diversion), no recognition for Kevin Sinfield (so far I hope) yet luvvies like Staunton and Emin (w t f ) are ennobled. The awards silly season goes on and on and ....
    He is a CBE.
  • Options
    I’m sure Alan would’ve just been happy with being a postmaster for all his working career. Well deserved honour. 
  • Options
    edited June 15
    Good to see him honoured just as the odious vennels creature is dishonoured. Very fitting.
  • Options
    He is a CBE.
    thanks for the info
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still nothing for Beckham
  • Options
    edited 8:49AM
    Its the best drama on TV:
    I watch far too much of it but I just love to see the prevarication of Vennels and Co and the ways they try to shift the blame.

Despite hating knighthoods I can understand Alan Bates accepting his as it will give more leverage to the struggle to get the many Thousands of wronged Post office Staff their money back and compensation.

This protecting the brand is as old as time and earning millions for Vennels and a few other CEO's during the last 20+ years.
  • Options
    I've listened to some of the Inquiry and it has been very enlightening.

This week we have Ian Henderson & Ron Warmington from Second Sight, the company employed by the PO to look into the claims that Horizon was to to blame, they were removed by the PO when they were reporting things that the PO execs didn't want to hear.

Gareth Jenkins the former 'Distinguished Engineer at Fujitsu Services Ltd' will be questioned for 4 days from 24th June. It was his evidence that was believed to be unsafe, but wasn't disclosed to the lawyers representing the sub Post Masters.