Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Peterborough Utd : Saturday 13th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    I don't see how it's still not the same formation with Thomas at LB.
    Think it's three centre backs AND Edun that's throwing people off.
  • Options
    Looks like a 433 to me with Edun in midfield and Thomas at LB. Can’t see a situation where we finally change our formation with that level of player but then who knows with Appleton
    That’s what I thought initially but then the OS mentioned wing backs so 🤷‍♂️ 
  • Options
    Surprised Deji isnt on the bench, bit brave to go into the game with three Centre-Backs starting, but no option on the bench for worst case scenario
  • Options
    Appleton on Charlton TV said there’s going to be a new formation from us today
  • Options
    edited January 13
    MA: "we've been working for 2 and a half days on a formation that we think can beat Peterborough so it was a bit late to bring in Conor from the start"

Suggests it will be a different formation today.
  • Options
    Really can’t see us going to a 3-4-3 in the long term with our squad of about 100 midfielders.

But have mentioned with the extra quality we are looking to bring up top, and to get the best out of May (who has been amazing anyway) I wouldn’t be shocked if we are planning for a 3-5-2. 

Assume if so they have planned this with CBT always likely to go. 
    There won’t be 100 midfielders by the end of the window, hopefully. Fraser may be off quite soon by the looks of it. Louie May struggle to get minutes. But Terry Thomas will be like a new accidental signing. 
  • Options
    A new formation

Well stone. Me down.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Really can’t see us going to a 3-4-3 in the long term with our squad of about 100 midfielders.

But have mentioned with the extra quality we are looking to bring up top, and to get the best out of May (who has been amazing anyway) I wouldn’t be shocked if we are planning for a 3-5-2. 

Assume if so they have planned this with CBT always likely to go. 
    There won’t be 100 midfielders by the end of the window, hopefully. Fraser may be off quite soon by the looks of it. Louie May struggle to get minutes. But Terry Thomas will be like a new accidental signing. 
    Fraser will probably be off, hopefully Anderson gets a loan move too. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    A new formation

Well stone. Me down.
    Oh yea of little faith 😉
  • Options
    edited January 13
    That's surprised even me, someone who's behind Appleton more than others!

I would imagine a big piece of it is finding a way to get May back centrally and give him a proper chance. Playing 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 with him as the lone striker was really stifling him. Now the two Campbells will be able to play more centrally to support Alfie, with the wing backs giving us the width.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bye Corey and thanks for the memories 
    And Fraser
  • Options
    Watson on the bench. Shock.
  • Options
    MA: "we've been working for 2 and a half days on a formation that we think can beat Peterborough so it was a bit late to bring in Conor from the start"

If that quote is true how are they going to cope with CBT being out seeing as he'd have been part of this new formation we'd been working on?
  • Options
    edited January 13
    Like the studio line-up, much better...beware Brownie...😉
  • Options
    OS says 3-4-3. Surprised me as MA was looking like one of those managers determined to make his favoured formation work. Good to see he can be flexible.
  • Options

If that quote is true how are they going to cope with CBT being out seeing as he'd have been part of this new formation we'd been working on?
    Well I guess Chem/TC had been training the formation as well so they can just come in for CBT.

But I would have thought it a bit to late for Conor to come into the start for any formation as he wouldn’t have had much time to train with the squad at all anyway.

• Options
    A new formation hoorah. Appleton surely should have tried something different a few weeks ago.

Edun isn't a good enough LB in a 4, so I'm happy to see him as a wing back 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    3-5-2 or 3-4-3 is better balanced.... I hope

CBT off I think

Derby quietly confident he's joining them 
    He's injured...🤷‍♂️😉
    No
    We've been playing a new formation for 2 1/2 days with wing backs- using our full backs 

Corey got "injured" yesterday

I'm pretty sure, seeing as I live in Derby and I've been told, confidently, he's leaving Charlton

Derby want him but it's not a signed deal as there is other interest......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:

CBT off I think

He's injured...🤷‍♂️😉
    No
    We've been playing a new formation for 2 1/2 days with wing backs- using our full backs 

I'm pretty sure, seeing as I live in Derby and I've been told, confidently, he's leaving Charlton

Wooooosh...course he ain't injured...😉
  • Options
    Apples last words as they leave the dressing room 'spread out lads'.
  • Options
    BOOO, Brownies back...we want Carla...
  • Options
    BOOO, Brownies back...we want Carla...
    She's a bit young for you😀
  • Options
    Is it just me or is it sparser than normal here today?
  • Options
    Coventry seems like a proper geezer.
  • Options
    I thought Appleton was welded to 4-3-3/4-2-3-1?
    He might still be - they are warming up with 4 at the back, with Edun presumably pushed into midfield.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Coventry seems like a proper geezer.
    Let's hope he gets 'double busy' on the pitch. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:

CBT off I think

He's injured...🤷‍♂️😉
    No

Wooooosh...course he ain't injured...😉
    Bastard!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!