Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Yann897 said:
    Makes me sad the way people outside the Charlton bubble are talking about us. Words like toxic and poison, saying no decent manager should be thinking about coming here etc etc.

Unfortunately I make them right. We are failing to prove to anyone that you’ll get longer than six months. Why leave a job you’re doing well in for that?
    I’m guessing we’ll still have a lot of managers wanting to come here to be “that” manager to turn it all around as we know what can happen when we’re doing well, also not many managers actually get funds to sign new players which we’re doing so that’s pretty attractive aswell.
    Managers will always have a lot of self-belief that they can be that manager. And then if you do fail you get a nice pay out and don’t look that bad as you can just say it’s a poisoned chalice
  • Options
    This was obviously on the cards so you would like to think someone is lined up. Appears from the noise Jones. I would be happy with this. 
  • Options
    I just want someone who looks like he gives a f**K and who can organise our (on paper) pretty decent squad now into a cohesive unit that can defend and score goals.

I don't think it should be that difficult.

barring 2 quality wing backs and a keeper I don't think we could expect to have much better in this league....most teams would give anything for our front 2 and Coventry + 1 or 2 others.
  • Options
    Feels like the worst time to want a manager. Part of me wants an unknown young coach but that feels a massive risk in a relegation fight 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    I honestly think Nathan Jones would sort them out in no time. 
    Is his time at Stoke and Southampton not a red flag though? Another manager on the way down?
    He got out of his depth at Southampton, but this is a completely different scenario. This is about getting players to understand their roles and perform them competently. 

There was little expectation at Luton and therefore a lot less pressure. At Southampton and Stoke there was massive expectation, however much deluded.

We can only offer pressure and expectation - do you see the problem?

Bob you've summed it up for me , I just have too many red flags about his spells at Stoke and Southampton. Not convinced he's the right man or if he'd even be interested. 
  • Options
    This was obviously on the cards so you would like to think someone is lined up. Appears from the noise Jones. I would be happy with this. 
    It depends who leaked the Nathan Jones story doesn’t it? I wouldn’t pay much attention to it if it’s Methven and Scott. They did the same with Darren Ferguson and he rejected us instantly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has to be someone with experience in coaching 352

Which narrows the list down to Duff.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Well he didn't manage to sort them out at Stoke & Southampton. 
  • Options
    We desperately need someone who has a history of getting teams to be solid at the back.

Our February fixtures look scary and we need to be able to steal a point or two by frustrating some of those teams.

We're good enough going forward that moving to a defensive style won't dry up the goals completely.

We need to come out of February having fought hard in those fixtures, with a bit of self belief and determination. Then we can be ready to dispatch of the relegation teams in March.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    swordfish said:
    We can't afford another Duff manager 😱
    Alex Dyer was there last night apparently. Might be his number two. We could end up with a Duff appointment having Dyer consequences 😉
    Are you sure he wasn't there scouting.. Not sure we need Dyer!

Name I would like to see, but I am not sure we could get him Lee Carsley. 
    It kind of depresses me that the people who leaked you the information that Appleton was being sacked apparently given you no hint of who they have in mind to replace him.
    I sort of hoped they are going to act swiftly and decisively to install a preferred candidate of real pedigree.
    I worry that they are just going to invite applications and hope there is someone good or, worse still, it was sack first think later
  • Options
    This has  Lee Johnson written all over it!
    1/2 the crowds then next season!
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    swordfish said:
    We can't afford another Duff manager 😱
    Alex Dyer was there last night apparently. Might be his number two. We could end up with a Duff appointment having Dyer consequences 😉
    Are you sure he wasn't there scouting.. Not sure we need Dyer!

Name I would like to see, but I am not sure we could get him Lee Carsley. 
    It kind of depresses me that the people who leaked you the information that Appleton was being sacked apparently given you no hint of who they have in mind to replace him.
    I sort of hoped they are going to act swiftly and decisively to install a preferred candidate of real pedigree.
    I worry that they are just going to invite applications and hope there is someone good or, worse still, it was sack first think later
    They certainly have targets, the issue is are they coming..

I heard Jones and Warnock mentioned.. No idea if they have spoken.. As I mentioned the other day, things have gone quiet.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    That’s because they messed him about and went with Apples this time around. It was close. 
  • Options
    For me at the very least they should include Curbs in the process of recruiting the next permanent manager. 

He might also help us attract a higher quality of manager by selling them on the club the same way he used to players. 
  • Options

Or a diamond would work with the players we have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    Is his time at Stoke and Southampton not a red flag though? Another manager on the way down?
    He got out of his depth at Southampton, but this is a completely different scenario. This is about getting players to understand their roles and perform them competently. 

There was little expectation at Luton and therefore a lot less pressure. At Southampton and Stoke there was massive expectation, however much deluded.

We can only offer pressure and expectation - do you see the problem?
    Who do you think will be up to the job, Bob?
  • Options

Or buy a couple of wingers. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Or buy a couple of wingers. 
    The idea of not having wingers is to be able to get Alfie May playing in a 2.
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Jones has a 43% win ratio
    duff 42.5%
    Rowett 40%

We need someone with these sort of ratios 

bowyer and Powell are both less than 40%, we need better
    Not saying we should get him back but Bowyer's win rate was over 40% with us, and that's despite a season in the championship with a squad that was decimated with injuries for a while. There was a period where we were forced to play the likes of Lapslie, Dempsey, Vennings, Davison and David Davis plus we had Hemed play about 20 games and he never scored.
    I think that killed the bloke and yet we only went down because of a shit referee in the Barnsley match. He had lost it at the end but there are only so many slaps in the face a man can take, and his weakness is he is a petulant cnut. But that can also be a strength and I wouldn't be averse to him having another go at it. I also recall us jumping for joy when Douchebag sold the club to ESI for a pound and seperated the assets and Bowyer bringing us back to reality in the beginning, clearly seeing through it all. 
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Duff, Duff, Duff and mentions of several Dyers, including Danny. All points to Eastenders. Ladies and Gentlemen, I can conclude only that the next manager will be Bradley Branning
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    it will not be Lee Johnson.  Him and Charlie are not on good terms

That's a relief because I can't stand Lee Johnson 😅
  • Options
    Ain't got a clue...rather like the SMT...but get someone that can last for more than 6 months, and has some nous about them would maybe help...just feel pissed off in general with the whole bloody circus...🤡🤡🤡
  • Options
    I must admit I did like the idea from Dubai earlier of Lee Carsley, would be a bit of a gamble as he's not got loads of club experience but he's done an excellent job with the England U21s.