Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today's press conference...

13»

Comments

• Options
    To me, it was like he was trying to get a message across to the board
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    To me, it was like he was trying to get a message across to the board
    That if Scott or Rodwell try and sack him and say he's not done a good job he'll chin them?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I don’t think there was a press conference. 
    What do you describe it as then? 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Watching that interview made me feel uncomfortable on so many levels. 

Purely from a human perspective, how on earth do you deal with so many people so obviously wanting you out of a job?

How do you come back from something like this?Not just at Charlton but elsewhere in football.

It's obvious he isn't going to ever be accepted at Charlton, he isn't a Charlton type of manager/coach. This in itself shows the club management didn't think this appointment through properly.

The scattergun approach we have seen adopted by SE7 worries me, especially seeing as we have multiple detached owners.... how would they have the means to collectively get together to change the set up, especially when some of the SE7 appointments are in fact stakeholders. 

It's a scary scenario.

Finally, I almost feel the club have a duty of care to take this bloke out of the firing line, none of this can be good for his mental health.

I also felt a bit sorry for him. 95% was about him & 5% about Tuesday's game. 
  • Options
    Surely it’s all par for the course in the land of football management. As he said himself, in effect, if you don’t win enough games, you know what’s going to happen.
  • Options
    edited January 23
    TEL said:
    Watching that interview made me feel uncomfortable on so many levels. 

Purely from a human perspective, how on earth do you deal with so many people so obviously wanting you out of a job?

How do you come back from something like this?Not just at Charlton but elsewhere in football.

It's obvious he isn't going to ever be accepted at Charlton, he isn't a Charlton type of manager/coach. This in itself shows the club management didn't think this appointment through properly.

The scattergun approach we have seen adopted by SE7 worries me, especially seeing as we have multiple detached owners.... how would they have the means to collectively get together to change the set up, especially when some of the SE7 appointments are in fact stakeholders. 

It's a scary scenario.

Finally, I almost feel the club have a duty of care to take this bloke out of the firing line, none of this can be good for his mental health.

I also felt a bit sorry for him. 95% was about him & 5% about Tuesday's game. 
    I stopped watching. It just felt uncomfortable seeing him facing those questions. Like many, I don’t feel he is the right person for the club now, nor ever will be. But there is a right way to handle these things. Rodwell and Scott are not even bothering to go through the motions to come up with the old vote of confidence whilst he is under this pressure. They are delaying the inevitable.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Apologies. It was a feeble attempt at surrealist humour. Or absurdist humour. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Apologies. It was a feeble attempt at surrealist humour. Or absurdist humour. 
    To be fair, it was more of a cross examination rather than a press conference...