Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Northampton Town : Tuesday 23rd January 2024 : KO 19:45

Comments

• Few take aways for me: 

Jone’s confidence gone, needs dropping. 

We need creativity in there quick sharp. 

Criminal we have a top two like that and have no balls coming into the box. 

Are we doing zonal? 

Can’t play three DCM’s. 

Swap Dobbo and Coventry round. 

Wide, wide open at the back. 
  • Still failing on basic defending give ourselves a mountain to climb as always. 
  • Bailey said:
    The two wing backs are offering nothing when we defend, we are getting overmanned when they attack, Jones is having a shocker but his two fellow defenders are not good either
    That's the problem. If they defend too deep then we have nothing on the flanks when we attack. We are playing 3-5-2  NOT 5-3-2. 

I would prefer 4-4-2 with 2 natural wingers. Call me old fashioned but it worked for 100 years. 
  • We’re crap. Poor defending for the first goal, god knows what we’re thinking stepping up there, drop off ffs. 

Hoskins completely free on the penalty spot for the second, everyone caught ball watching. 

He has to go regardless of what happens in the second half. The players look like they have no idea what to do in and out of possession. 

• Probably the best thing that could happen is that we be totally abject and look like we don't have a clue but still get the points. I'm hoping we concede early, get one back and then undeservedly win through a 94th minute own goal.
  • Terell coming on 
  • edited January 23
    Curbs calling out Jones, saying he's marking space, not the player. Browny: He's 5 yards away and needs to be tighter. He's having a bad run. Called the 2nd goal in the studio, before it was scored, saying Northampton cross to second 6 yard line.
    If he knowa that, why don't our defence. 
  • msomerton said:
    10943 crowd given
    No more than 7000.
    I paused my stream and decided to count and I make it 6,665 oh wait I missed apples so 6666 coincidence, I think not!
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:
    Appleton lucky with the timing of that one
    That makes a change.
  • Probably the best thing that could happen is that we be totally abject and look like we don't have a clue but still get the points. I'm hoping we concede early, get one back and then undeservedly win through a 94th minute own goal.
    I'll take the 4-2, never mind them scoring in the next half. 
  • Appleton is taking the piss doing that. Let’s see how he is at the end. Hopefully packing his things. He has no passion for this club. Journey man 
  • So strange. Just no passion no emotion nothing. They score and celebrate. We score and it's as if we've congregated at a funeral. Bizarre. 
    So true. There was no emotion whatsoever after the second goal.

Maybe the players are annoyed with themselves for possibly saving Appleton. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Fucking fascinating Appleton giving it to the north stand because we just drew level with Northampton town at home after going behind, twice.
    You mean he took his hands out of his pockets  :)
  • Leuth said:
    Terell coming on 
    Kill me now
  • robroy said:
    Caption compt time 

Charlton supporter in failed bid to commit suicide by electrocution!
  • Leuth said:
    Terell coming on 
    assume that’s for Jones, Gillesphey into the middle of the 3?
  • edited January 23
    It's so stupid, you have to leave the door open for the fans to come back on side. If you start giving it back, you basically don't give a shit about the job.

We don't like him, he doesn't like us. Just end it.
  • Sponsored links:

• robroy said:
    Few take aways for me: 

Jone’s confidence gone, needs dropping. 

We need creativity in there quick sharp. 

Criminal we have a top two like that and have no balls coming into the box. 

Are we doing zonal? 

Can’t play three DCM’s. 

Swap Dobbo and Coventry round. 

Wide, wide open at the back. 

I think we're playing 'stay on your spot no matter what'
  • Don't know how we have scored two, not created enough, keeper barely worked. Defensively awful. Comes to something if we hope Thomas can improve things. Can't see us not conceding at least one more.
  • Gribbo said:
    Watson a fuckin shit
    Your Italian is really coming along! 😂
    …and scores. You are right though, he had been pony.
  • Davey said:
    I get we’re all pissed off, but you can see that Coventry and Bakinson are a definite improvement on what we have.  Both are stand-outs in a poor team.  Defence, though, shocking!
    Barkinson seems slow to me. Gets out paced by their midfield.
  • Missed it (was picking my top up) what did Appleton do? 
  • edited January 23
    Disagree with Brownie on Ladapo I think he's very similar to Kanu and not offering us much more than Kanu would be so far. I do think as he sharpens he'll be the perfect player for Kanu to learn from as his sharpness is what's holding him back right now. 
  • We look as if we will give up more goals…
  • Remember this moment. When Appleton holds the Championship trophy aloft in April 2026 and we are back in the Premier League, remember this moment. 
    I am willing to eat 5 humble pies if that happens sitting naked in Trafalgar Square.
  • We. Will.Win.This.
  • MA's is a complete and utter, no good useless, sorry can't find the words, going to 🛌
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!