Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Northampton Town : Tuesday 23rd January 2024 : KO 19:45

Comments

• Eeesh May... He is hugely pissed 
    Needs to get a grip, not what we need right now
    Some fucking balls and bite is exactly what we need right now. 
  • Still time for Northampton to get a third.
  • Don’t care that he just scored, Tennai Watson is National league level. 
  • The two wing backs are offering nothing when we defend, we are getting overmanned when they attack, Jones is having a shocker but his two fellow defenders are not good either
  • F**K . We might score 4 tonight
    We might. Question is, how many are we going to concede?
  • Addick_8 said:
    Don’t care that he just scored, Tennai Watson is National league level. 
    Rich Tea Biscuit of a footballer
  • robroy said:
    Caption compt time 
    Horse break-in. Table stolen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Has Appleton ever thought of playing Dobson as a sweep in front of the back 3 leaving Watson to play themoreforward Role. I reckon Dobsonshould not go beyond the halfway line.
    That was over alp that was a shocking performance from us. No idea how it is 2-2 at half time.
  • If we end up winning this apples can cancel Pickfords moving after the game and have them on stand by.
  • Looks like the defence is sorted. 

The wind is affecting our passing game but we're still in it.
  • Well let's get it straight, we were awful. Two lucky goals have got us level but with our defence not knowing each others names, I doubt we can go another 45 minutes without conceding. Our full backs are terrible, possibly the worst pair we've ever had? We are so obvious going forward with a hopeful long ball and nothing much else. 

I want a win but we have to get a new manager (please).

COYA!
  • weird half. We look very disjointed in the 3-5-2 and struggling to get it forward despite the two goals. 

• Watson lashes the ball in from a tight angle after Ladapo's original attempt is blocked. Ref blows up for HT after the kick off. Home fans turn their fury on Michael Appleton as he heads back to the dressing room. #cafc

• Bet365
    Charlton 6/5 to win 
    Northampton 3/1 to win 

does this seem accurate?! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolute crap. Manager clueless 
  • robroy said:
    Caption compt time 
    Is that our new sweeper?

• Bet365
    Charlton 6/5 to win 
    Northampton 3/1 to win 

It should be, but fuck knows 
  • 10943 crowd given
    No more than 7000.
  • Leuth said:
    Just saved ourselves the biggest booing 4000 people have ever mustered
    This. But if we were top 6, I'd probably think it was an enjoyable game going forwards, usual weaknesses at the back. With our run, the goals conceded are just back to old ways.

On the plus there is more urgency and pace moving the ball around in possession. We look to move forwards instead of the sideways, sideways and back routine seen all season. 
  • So strange. Just no passion no emotion nothing. They score and celebrate. We score and it's as if we've congregated at a funeral. Bizarre. 
  • Off_it said:
    Quick question - is this the good half? I mean, we've scored.
    bizarrely scoring goals is not our problem.

We've scored 41!

Burton Albion, who are one place above us in the league have scored 25.

Dread to think where we'd be without May.

• Bet365
    Charlton 6/5 to win 
    Northampton 3/1 to win 

Remarkable. Get involved. 
  • I get we’re all pissed off, but you can see that Coventry and Bakinson are a definite improvement on what we have.  Both are stand-outs in a poor team.  Defence, though, shocking!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!