Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Northampton Town : Tuesday 23rd January 2024 : KO 19:45

Comments

• Options
    edited January 23
    Is that the club asking Minto and Brownie to toe the line with that comment?

Saying that fans will understandably be upset, but have asked that they dont do it during the match itself, as it'll have an effect on the players - Instead if they want to make their feelings known, do it before or after the game... even @ HT

To be honest I agree with it - Appleton should go, but if I was the Northampton Manager I'd be trying to make the fans turn as quickly as possible, as we'll potentially give them an additional helping hand.
  • Options
    Thomas the best defender on Saturday left out. 

Two changes at the back, and little time to work on defensive organisation and shape...
    He’s a donkey mate! 
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Well, Apples didn't sound full of beans did he with that pre-match chat...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Well, Apples didn't sound full of beans did he with that pre-match chat...🤷‍♂️
    That sounded like a defeated man, if he sounds like that how does it rub off on the team?!
  • Options
    Is that the club asking Minto and Brownie to toe the line with that comment?

Saying that fans will understandably be upset, but have asked that they dont do it during the match itself, as it'll have an effect on the players - Instead if they want to make their feelings known, do it before or after the game... even @ HT

To be honest I agree with it - Appleton should go, but if I was the Northampton Manager I'd be trying to make the fans turn as quickly as possible, as we'll potentially give them an additional helping hand.
    Our players normally give the opposition a helping hand or two 
  • Options
    Anyone else unable to purchase match pass? Constant buffering!!!! I'm having to watch pre-match on Youtube instead. Help! Do I have to enable something?
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Anyone else unable to purchase match pass? Constant buffering!!!! I'm having to watch pre-match on Youtube instead. Help! Do I have to enable something?
    No, very quick for me this evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 23
    30 minutes to kick off and that Covered End lower looks dire, West Stand looks practically empty, this is gonna be a dead atmosphere tonight...
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    It's working fine.

If you still have problems email website@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Aside from everything else I am terrified of losing tonight. Amongst all the stuff going on like you all, I love this club.

Its not negativity me saying we are in a relegation fight. It’s total disbelief we have fallen so far in 20 years.

If we lose tonight - with the games to come - I truly think we will go down.

And that could be terminal for us.
  • Options
    And just to cheer everyone up  Curbs says we are in a relegation fight.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Yeah pretty bad for me but thought it was my dodgy fire stick.
  • Options
    I think hes right. February is going to be tough even if we pick up.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    It's working fine.

If you still have problems email website@cafc.co.uk
    Thanks. I'm in, at last. Had to re-register and first the valves had to warm up, and then my dial-up modem was slow  :)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Ness and TT out.

REG and Gillesphey in.
    TT harshly treated there IMO.
    Agreed. I don't think Jones looked good (again) on Saturday. And I think Thomas looks at his best on the left side of a back three. I know that Gillesphey is left footed but I believe he was playing in the middle of a back three at Plymouth because he's not the most mobile. I would have liked to see (R to L) Edmonds-Green, Gillesphey, Thomas as the back three. Thomas is also very good at building from the back and had two or three good games in a row now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whatever you think of Appleton,  I wouldn't want to be him walking down the touchline tonight.

In fact it takes a bit of a brass neck to do it.
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Let’s win tonight. Would appear Michael has everything to lose. He has to get the players going for it from the start.
    Think it can be won in the first 45mins.
    May to return to scoring form 3-1 .
  • Options
    Coventry looks delighted to be here during his Interview :D
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Not a fan of throwing 2 brand new defenders in but I guess it can’t get any worse.
    This is where I find some of the criticism of managers a little foolish (not criticising your post by the way). On saturday we conceded two poor goals against Burton and any number of fans were demanding to know why we had two new defenders on the bench when our defence was so leaky. Tonight the new defenders step in and Apples get's stick from the other side of the fanbase. 

Appleton has made some howlers in my opinion but on this occasion it really feels like heads I win, tails you lose.
  • Options
    The club letting our creative players leave without replacements being lined up first seems a little dim. 
    Not to go on too much of a tangent, but I think a midfield of Dobbo/Coventry and Bakinson would suit Fraser much better than our midfields up to this point this season. It's clear that Camara was brought in to be the midfield third, and Camara, similar to Bakinson, covers a lot of ground, can get in and around the box, and can break up play, plus is good at carrying the ball. I think Camara, Dobbo, and Fraser would have made for a good midfield as it would have allowed Fraser to drift in between the lines more and be more creative, particularly building from the back and in the final third. Instead, Fraser has spent a lot of time in a holding role which isn't natural to him, and he's the more forward thinking of the midfield two, which means he's practically had to play box to box, and that just isn't his game. 

I hope that when we get a new manager in he reconsiders Fraser in a different midfield set up, namely a midfield three with a holder and a shuttler alongside him. He's not as awful as he's looked this season, and at his best he can score and create goals from midfield as we saw last season. 
  • Options
    Lol! Yea, that was a real WTF am I doing here look on his face!
  • Options
    No many of us in the ground tonight!
  • Options
    For some reason I am still expecting us to win 2-0 tonight. I also would not be surprised for us to lose 1-0. Surely we must win though? 
  • Options
    Lol! Yea, that was a real WTF am I doing here look on his face!
    Noticed he didn't mention his reference to Apples that was there in his first interview...🙄🤔
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!