Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Northampton Town : Tuesday 23rd January 2024 : KO 19:45

Comments

• Options
    The only way this ends positively is if Appleton realises his time is up and actually fights everyone in the crowd. That would be worth a watch
    He'd have to take his hands out of his pockets to do that
  • Options
    Who's doing the tunnel jump tonight?
  • Options
    That'll be the final nail in his coffin, I'm sure, but not sure we deserve that. Two horrible defensive lapses aside we played alright and were the better side overall, I think. Edum never should've been sent off but then they should have had a penalty. Weird game.
    Its the pattern; every week last minute. Game management. Every side we play knows they can turn us over in injury time. 
  • Options
    Oh shut up Scotty, "another magnificent win for Northampton" FFS we lost man who gives a f*ck about Northampton
  • Options
    I don’t think I have the mental strength to read all the comments about this nomark manager and the nomark smt
  • Options
    Curbs looks even angrier
  • Options
    We must have broken the English league record for amount of late goals conceded in one season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought he was saved by the referee refusing to give one of the most obvious penalties I've seen in a while. 

But of course we make sure to let one in anyway. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    This would never happen under Bowyer….. zero accountability, zero clue how to get them up for it, he’s got to go 
    Except it did, which is why he had to go. 
  • Options
    NOW 17TH AND 4 PTS ABOVE RELEGATION.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    The whole team staying out after Appleton walked down the tunnel is a message. They don't want him here either 
    As crap as Appleton is , most of them can bugger off too 
  • Options
    When Alfie’s shot hits that defender with the whole goal wide open I knew that was it….we have no luck 
  • Options
    We look to be in a death spiral. Where’s the next point coming from, looking at the fixtures?
  • Options
    It's alright, not like we let many in late in games, bound to get a winner.
    Who saw that coming?

Oh, yeah, EVERYONE.
  • Options
    Atrocious defending throughout which gifted them 3 goals and 3 points.

Shocking.
  • Options
    I couldn’t get to the game tonight so I watched it on Charlton TV.
    I’m trying to get it in perspective but I’m almost in tears…
  • Options
    Who's doing the tunnel jump tonight?

Apples with his hands still in his pockets
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Croydon said:
    The whole team staying out after Appleton walked down the tunnel is a message. They don't want him here either 
    As crap as Appleton is , most of them can bugger off too 
    Harsh. A class won’t learn with a shit teacher. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Any only because Reading were deducted four points. 
  • Options
    edited January 23
    How many late goals is that now? Players accountable too. Not good enough.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    We’ve got a whole games breathing room then… I was starting to panic but now I’ll relax phew! 
  • Options
    Brownie being fair & even. Curbs not so. Managers sticking together. 
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Thought he was saved by the referee refusing to give one of the most obvious penalties I've seen in a while. 

But of course we make sure to let one in anyway. 
    Only objection to that (having liked your comment), is that if the Referee doesnt send off Edun, there is potential cover from our Wing-Back, so their man isnt left one vs one with AMB

But its immaterial, other teams know how to cope with going down to ten men!! - It feels these days, like losing a man, isnt the advantage it once was
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    When Alfie’s shot hits that defender with the whole goal wide open I knew that was it….we have no luck 
    It was also handball by their guy, but we don't get the decisions do we...
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    There will still be total and utter thickos thinking we aren’t in a relegation fight. Total and utter idiots.

someone said they will pay up to the upbeats if we get dragged into a relegation fight. 

Well show some more balls than Appleton and pay up because we are now
  • Options
    We look to be in a death spiral. Where’s the next point coming from, looking at the fixtures?
    We may well require the sort turnaround that normally happens only in Hollywood scripts soon.

Thank you all for the updates.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!