Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Northampton Town : Tuesday 23rd January 2024 : KO 19:45

Comments

• Options
    Only at Charlton.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    The whole team staying out after Appleton walked down the tunnel is a message. They don't want him here either 
    Reckon it could be them grouping up ready for MA to give it the hairdryer treatment. Think they call it a mutiny 
  • Options
    Whoever is next up has a big job on their hands. We are leaking goals every week. Need to find a way to keep clean sheets ASAP.
  • Options
    I couldn’t get to the game tonight so I watched it on Charlton TV.
    I’m trying to get it in perspective but I’m almost in tears…
    Has Browny spilt his dinner down his jumper again??
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    When Alfie’s shot hits that defender with the whole goal wide open I knew that was it….we have no luck 
    It was also handball by their guy, but we don't get the decisions do we...
    Looked as though it hit him on the hip from the replays I saw.

Tough decision
  • Options
    Who's doing the tunnel jump tonight?

The bloke who did the crossbar challenge
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Croydon said:
    The whole team staying out after Appleton walked down the tunnel is a message. They don't want him here either 
    Reckon it could be them grouping up ready for MA to give it the hairdryer treatment. Think they call it a mutiny 
    Yep. His authority is completely gone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbs and Brownie diplomatically saying its time the board need to make a decision 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    When Alfie’s shot hits that defender with the whole goal wide open I knew that was it….we have no luck 
    Shouldn’t have to rely on referees 
    Agreed, but would be nice to eh...
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Leuth said:
    Just got interviewed by a large group of schoolkids holding a Pringles tube as a mic. I expressed my hope they would all return next time when we have a new manager, and that the game will be similarly eventful, in our favour 

Was that before or after you had to give them your wallet? 
  • Options
    Browny saying they again sign players in January, that are not match fit and need to get up to speed. Also that there are not many managers that survive not winning for 12,13,14 games. 
    Those managers that do are inclined to have a significant history of success and are in the process of rebuilding (with a clear plan, and the support of ownership and fans).

So, MA to a "T" then...
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Croydon said:
    As crap as Appleton is , most of them can bugger off too 
    Harsh. A class won’t learn with a shit teacher. 
     A teacher can't teach unwilling students. 

However I think we can see the Students want to win.
  • Options
    We’ve lost a lot of games recently, many to late goals, but that was a real punch to the guts. Extremely concerned that this is going to end very badly.
  • Options
    Bet he comes out and blames the red card, will ignore the pen, say we were on top for large spells of the game.

If the only emotion you’ve ever shown is an in-your-face celebration for an equaliser against Northampton Town at home in a game you end up losing to continue your 10 game winless streak, then you’re position is untenable, and you’re a cnut of the highest order.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I blame andy scott for that defeat. He should've sacked the clown at the weekend 
    Is it solely down to Scott to make that decision?
  • Options
    I blame andy scott for that defeat. He should've sacked the clown at the weekend 
    True. A little bounce might have been enough. Atmosphere certainly would have been better. 

I blame Scott for appointing his mates in the first place. Holden was a nice bloke and clearly cared but also not good enough. Appleton is just useless all round. 
  • Options
    Interesting that even the club's own tv channel is just discussing Appleton's future.  Surely that's a sign that it lays elsewhere.
  • Options
    Whoever is next up has a big job on their hands. We are leaking goals every week. Need to find a way to keep clean sheets ASAP.
    Asst manager at scunthorpe, Chris Plummer.  He should be able to stop the leaks
  • Options
    Yeah Fiorini is definitely not it yet. Can he get minutes with the U's?
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Shouldn’t have to rely on referees 
    Agreed, but would be nice to eh...
    In this league you can't rely on referees

• Options
    Uboat said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Croydon said:
    As crap as Appleton is , most of them can bugger off too 
    Harsh. A class won’t learn with a shit teacher. 
    I don’t think professional footballers need to be taught how to mark .  He’s rubbish , he has to go .  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!