Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    To summarise, no Scott is staying it’s everyone else to blame we haven’t even lined up a replacement.  
  • Options
    Bugger was hoping it was all their resignations. 
  • Options
    January signings = progress, much improved quality!
    Managerial appointment = …let’s hope it matches the above!
  • Options
    To summarise, no Scott is staying it’s everyone else to blame we haven’t even lined up a replacement.  
    That is how I read it, hoping us fans stop talking about how much Scott & others are also to blame for our recent failings.
  • Options
    Not sure this needs its own thread.
  • Options
    Bland old nonsense and whilst the paid employees upstairs think they are ok. I’m sure the ownership will be asking questions of those individuals 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 24
    bobmunro said:
    Got to get the next appointment spot on , or we’ll be in the relegation zone by the end of February , it’s unthinkable.

I think that is still entirely possible whoever is appointed based on the February fixtures. It's what happens in March and April that will determine our fate this season.
    I agree, but I think if we get battered in February it will shatter the players confidence and belief, we really could do with getting something out of Saturday, a lot of young lads, and not enough leaders, it’s a flawed strategy, we’ve made some good signings, but we still need more quality in certain areas, not patched up loans that nobody wants, at the last minute.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Got to get the next appointment spot on , or we’ll be in the relegation zone by the end of February , it’s unthinkable.

I think that is still entirely possible whoever is appointed based on the February fixtures. It's what happens in March and April that will determine our fate this season.
    Agree, but if the next six weeks are a total calamity then mountain could be too great to climb come March.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I’m not sure what else they could say…or what criteria they will set for the next head coach. It seems a hit or miss scenario and dependent on what’s available out there to fit our agenda. Flipping a coin might fall on tails.
    Just an iota of gravitas would've been an improvement. There's zero accountability in there. They don't recognise the situation or accept any responsibility for the role they've played in it. They haven't even addressed the biggest anxiety facing supporters now - that this interview process could stretch on and on again. No timeline, or reassurance that they're already interviewing candidates and will hire a manager as soon as possible. It's just empty nonsense - amateur hour again. 
  • Options
    The statement is just a load of generic shite.
  • Options
    Deeds not words, Rodney. Deeds not words
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Their success or failure at the club I think rests solely on this decision. Get it right and, combined with the kind of investment in the playing staff, they’ll be forgiven for the shaky start. 

Get it wrong and they will properly lose the fans.
    The next two weeks are crucial then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 24
    I think we need to give them benefit of the doubt and get behind them.

Anyone can sack two managers in a season, name a club that doesn't.

Recruitment is difficult and you're bound to get a few duffs loans and injured players, there's no way to avoid that.

And I think fans are getting way too fixated on results and league positions.  Just enjoy the day out.

They are trying their best, they saved the club and the owners are really, really rich so stop moaning, it is all the negatively and fan pressure that made them make all hasty decisions in the first place.

Feel so much better after reading your sensible explanation Henry, we all just need to enjoy the day out and flat beer...🙄
  • Options
    The statement is fine & reads well, but actions speak louder than words.

This is possibly the biggest managerial appointment in the club's history & they need to get it right. 

I have my doubts.
  • Options
    We need to survive on the last day to really build the narrative for when we win the league with 112 points the following season. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Bland old nonsense and whilst the paid employees upstairs think they are ok. I’m sure the ownership will be asking questions of those individuals 
    If not I am sure the supporters will eventually see through the smoke screen that’s been put up.
  • Options

Recruitment is difficult and you're bound to get a few duffs loans and injured players, there's no way to avoid that.

And I think fans are getting way too fixated on results and league positions.  Just enjoy the day out.

They are trying their best, they saved the club and the owners are really, really rich so stop moaning, it is all the negatively and fan pressure that made them make all hasty decisions in the first place.

Feel so much better after reading your sensible explanation Henry, we all just need to enjoy the day out and flat beer...🙄
    Glad I'm not the only fan who actually supports the club and isn’t just looking for any tiny excuse to complain 
  • Options

Glad I'm not the only fan who actually supports the club and isn’t just looking for any tiny excuse to complain 
    But what about the dancing?
  • Options
    Was that statement generated by artificial chat gtp intelligence?
    Ask for your money back Charlie.
  • Options
    It's one of those "damned if they do, damned if they don't" statements.  People will moan it doesn't say much and others will moan if they say nothing.  Problem is we are at such a low ebb (after so many desperate years) that nothing the board,club,team, etc. say seems convincing.