Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Update from the board of directors

Comments

• Options
    They don't half love the sound of their own voice. 

Would love their actions to back it up just once. 
    Exactly. 
    Judge them by what they actually do.
    Not what they say.
  • Options
    Why does nobody ever take ownership? Rodwell is nominally chairman and paid to take responsibility. Why doesn’t he?

If you want to build trust you need to show your face. Of course, it’s likely Methven wrote it and that’s probably why it’s unsigned.
    Agreed, and probably tells you everything you need to know about the caliber of the individuals, no idea how to run a business let alone a football club.
  • Options
    Why does nobody ever take ownership of the messaging? Rodwell is nominally chairman and paid to take responsibility. Why doesn’t he?

If you want to build trust you need to show your face. Of course, it’s likely Methven wrote it and that’s probably why it’s unsigned.
    I was surprised what a poor communicator Rodwell was in that fans conderence. He came accross as a bit thick.
  • Options
    I am troubled by what AFKA wrote the other day about board/management people hiving off a pretty penny from the club for (what I believe is) doing all this failure and alienation.
    Like watching your torturer scoffing the Lindor chocolates you have paid for whilst they apply the electrodes.
  • Options
    Was anyone aware Simon Lenegan was on the board? 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    https://www.charltonafc.com/staff
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Yes
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Yes.. Strange he isn't on that list.. Just heard he is on the board, and is an investor. Not sure if that is directly with Charlton or Global Football Partners.. But what ever way, apparently it was him and Scott that held up the sacking on Sunday. 

Sounds like there is becoming a bit of a divide.. How you can have someone on the football side, on the board of directors is beyond me. 
  • Options
    Why does nobody ever take ownership of the messaging? Rodwell is nominally chairman and paid to take responsibility. Why doesn’t he?

I was surprised what a poor communicator Rodwell was in that fans conderence. He came accross as a bit thick.
    Nice one Mutts 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Yes
    Wonder why the club never announced that, or have I missed that..?
  • Options
    edited January 25
    Plaaayer said:
    We seem to be one of the only clubs around that doesn’t have someone lined up straight away when a manager has been sacked. 

Everyone could see this coming a mile off, even if you got your ducks in a row after Saturdays game, but to sack him Tuesday and STILL have to go through a process is ridiculous. Nothing they’ve done so far since taking over makes me think they’re anything other than amateurish. 

Goes back as far as Curbs. I think RM started the trend and subsequent downward spiral.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:
    We seem to be one of the only clubs around that doesn’t have someone lined up straight away when a manager has been sacked. 

Everyone could see this coming a mile off, even if you got your ducks in a row after Saturdays game, but to sack him Tuesday and STILL have to go through a process is ridiculous. Nothing they’ve done so far since taking over makes me think they’re anything other than amateurish. 
    Surely everyone must remember the farcical situation when Spurs sacked Mourinho in April the week before a cup final and got Ryan Mason in as interim. When the season ended they still didn't have a plan, then went through a shortlist of what seemed like half of Europe, wasted half of the summer and ended up appointing Nuno Espirito Santo at the end of June.
  • Options
    edited January 25
    DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Yes.. Strange he isn't on that list.. Just heard he is on the board, and is an investor. Not sure if that is directly with Charlton or Global Football Partners.. But what ever way, apparently it was him and Scott that held up the sacking on Sunday. 

Sounds like there is becoming a bit of a divide.. How you can have someone on the football side, on the board of directors is beyond me. 
    Nice, now we have board members potentially blaming each other. Trying to find someone to take the fall I guess? 

Of course Methven comes out smelling like roses.
  • Options
    Directors box on Tuesday night

Lenegan, Scott, Elliott, Methven, Rodwell, Dangerfield, Warrick and Sutherland all there

And Special Guest, Murray

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Lenegan, Scott, Elliott, Methven, Rodwell, Dangerfield, Warrick and Sutherland all there

Mo Salah sitting behind minty.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

I thought Murray was the guy on The Repair Shop programme.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I cannot remember where but recently I saw him introduced as the Football/Sporting Director for the ownership group. I think it was in the behind the scenes Connor Coventry video 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fenaddick said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I cannot remember where but recently I saw him introduced as the Football/Sporting Director for the ownership group. I think it was in the behind the scenes Connor Coventry video 
    Found it, about 26 seconds into this video. Stuck out to me as it’s never actually been mentioned officially anywhere before https://x.com/cafcofficial/status/1747236004711522698?s=46&t=MojDVxh_AjG5taAWPQn6Tw
  • Options
    Give it a few weeks and there'll be more board members than fans in The Valley.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

It's on Lenegan's linkedin page so you can link with him on there.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/simon-lenagan-1a32b631

Having someone with industry specific skills on a company board seems very sensible to me.

If I bought an engineering company I'd want an engineer on the board, if I bought a hospital I'd want a medical professional. 

It was, IMHO, a key failing of Sandgaard and Duchetelet that they wouldn't listen to football people and knew better. (Mumford was an ex-player but wasn't working on the football side and TS soon dumped his football advisor who's name escapes me).

As it happens we have three ex-professional footballers, one of whom also has a decent managerial record, on the UK board.

The technical director has a very important role within the structure that exists at Charlton so absolutely AS should be involved at a strategic level and especially around appointing and sacking managers/head coaches.

The problem maybe that Lenegan knew Appleton from Oxford, where MA was relatively successful while Scott would most likely be the one who said that MA was the best man for the job.

Admitting you've got it wrong isn't always easy.

• Options
    edited January 25
    Personally i don't see the fuss, aside from the fact of course they don't appear to have a replacement lined up. We don't get an update, everyone moans. We get an update, everyone moans.

That's because quite often, no news is concerning and news is concerning.!

On his appointment, Scott was quoted as saying that Appleton, "has worked at the very top level" .

Can anyone that has moved beyond life's Sticklebricks stage, actually be expected to believe such crap? There's one thing, someone having a 'good interview' but there must be evidence to back up one's bluster.

I consider myself to be excellent at interviews BUT, that doesn't mean I can just rock up at NASA and think I'm going to be getting on the next shuttle.

Come on Scott, please come out and admit it, it is YOU that fecked it up, but NOT YOU, that will be paying the price of YOUR mistakes. 

I wouldn't trust you to buy me a Milky Way, let alone sign off contracts worth £millions. 

The Owners are either naive, stupid or have money they have no care for. 

• Options
    edited January 25
    DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Nice, now we have board members potentially blaming each other. Trying to find someone to take the fall I guess? 

Of course Methven comes out smelling like roses.
    Rosies what ?  :D
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Why was it held up ?
  • Options
    edited January 25
    DubaiCAFC said:

This was known ever since Airman and others got the brochure which named Methven, Lenegan, Warwick, Scott and Rodwell as the SMT behind the consortium with a clearly ridiculous business plan attached to it.  Of course once the brochure came out and the fans started questioning whether a Methven takeover would be a good idea Sue to his general incompetence the consortium became known and talked about as the Friedman consortium iirc.  They have been spinning ball shit since the beginning.
  • Options
    edited January 25
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Yes
    Because he’s not on the football club board. He’s a director of Global Football Partners (which AFAIK is just a shell company. Not sure why it needs a “sporting director” if so. Just a way of doubling up Scott’s role?).
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Yes
    Because he’s not on the football club board. He’s a director of Global Football Partners (which AFAIK is just a shell company. Not sure why it needs a “sporting director” if so. Just a way of doubling up Scott’s role?).
    Well if he's complicit in appointments such as Appleton maybe he should stick to acting. Think his Dad's Ian Lenegan (ex Oxford United co owner and EFL chairman)