Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor McGrandles joins Lincoln on loan

Comments

• Options
    Question is....can he play against us down The Valley in 2 weeks time. 

• Options
    Not worked out for him here, I expect he’ll move on in the summer regardless of how well he does at Lincoln (unless we’re relegated, then he might come in handy).

Probably the player with the worst ever nicknames on here.
  • Options
    Bye 
  • Options
    Surprised reading quite a few negative comments from Lincoln fans on twitter. Thought he'd done well there. 
  • Options
    For the best, does leave us with one positive memory for anyone else who was in that rocking away end at Fratton Park.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Probably the player with the worst ever nicknames on here.
    And the worst anagrams:
    No gland, Mr Soccer
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Surprised reading quite a few negative comments from Lincoln fans on twitter. Thought he'd done well there. 
    Why did it surprise Reading......were they trying to sign him ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    I think it was how he left.

Apparently he refused a contract saying he wanted a move back to Scotland only to pitch up with us

• Options
    Still think there may well be a player there.

Unlike someone like Kirk, the fans of everyone else he's played for seem to rate him.  Just hasn't happened here with it being so stop-start.

Stacked with midfielders though so makes sense to get (some of) his wages off the books I guess.  

Good luck Conor.
  • Options
    Question is....can he play against us down The Valley in 2 weeks time. 

Of course, anything to help another club out.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Talal said:
    I think it was how he left.

Apparently he refused a contract saying he wanted a move back to Scotland only to pitch up with us

Ah right, cheers. 
  • Options
    One of one of those players in years to come that will spark a "forgot he played for us" remark. 
    Another Sangaard era failure. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Why did it surprise Reading......were they trying to sign him ? 
    Dad jokes are the best, Golfie!  :smile: 

• Options
    For the second January transfer window in a row Conor McGrandles leaves on loan to another League One club

Last Year, Cambridge 

This Year, Lincoln
  • Options
    Bizarre to sign someone and loan them out two Januarys running.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted about this.  Had him down as a good squad player as we chase promotion next season.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Gutted about this.  Had him down as a good squad player as we chase promotion next season.
    he's only on loan. He'll be back next season.
  • Options

Not sure I'd be happy if I was him..........

I can’t imagine you being happy if you were anyone 

:-) 
    Ha !  I'm a happy soul. Don't believe in depression & sadness. SUMO. Shut Up and Move On.
    How you feeling about the strikers we have now the window has shut?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Not sure I'd be happy if I was him..........

I can’t imagine you being happy if you were anyone 

:-) 
    Ha !  I'm a happy soul. Don't believe in depression & sadness. SUMO. Shut Up and Move On.
    How you feeling about the strikers we have now the window has shut?
    Not great. 

Relying on the current ones not getting injured between now & the end of the season as we currently have 2 out injured. 
  • Options
    A lesson in tempering expectations, was declared proper mustard and promotion worthy based on his time at middling league one clubs and a real coup as (unnamed) championship clubs were apparently in for him. He was anything but.

Saying that, was managed poorly, signed broken, no preseason, then forced into competitive games to get fit, looked gash, injured, loaned out, repeat. He did/does look lightweight though and didn't think he would be the condiment he was proclaimed, probably a standout at less expecting "small" clubs. 

Good luck though McNickname