Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH PREVIEW: Charlton Athletic vs Derby County | Saturday 3rd February 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    3-0 to Derby
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    clive said:

Interim Head Coach Curtis Fleming is hopeful that Macaulay Gillesphey (hamstring) and Conor Coventry (concussion) can feature this weekend, while Tayo Edun is available again having served his one-match suspension.

Michael Hector (hamstring) Chuks Aneke (hamstring) and Miles Leaburn (hamstring) remain sidelined.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/match-preview-charlton-v-derby-county-0

That’s wrong. Our Ronnie says Chuks will be on the bench. 
    He will, he's looking after the oranges
  • Options
    CBT 7/2 anytime scorer with Bet365. Can't decide if I'm tempted or not.
  • Options
    Isted has to be in tomorrow 

People saying its to early for Ramsay, he isn't lacking match fitness, so don't see why it would be and rather him v CBT than Watson 

• Options
    looking forward to tomorrow but kinda wish CBT wasn't playing. 
  • Options
    Tough game and their manager says they have the stongest bench that they have had all season. But they also lost to Reading and squeezed past Burton and Cheltenham. Good performance but a close defeat, 2-0 to Derby.
  • Options
    Due to the train strikes I shall be stuck in Derby watching it on "Rams TV"

RED ARMY!
  • Options
    I've got my ticket & will be in the AC Stand as per. I'm going with a 3-2 win but to who is anyone's guess. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bakinson anytime score. 6/1. 
    Looking forward to watching the game from side on, rather than from the CE Upper where the action up the far end is a bit of a blur. 
    Maybe get some new glasses?
    I have. It’s cataracts - early stages. 
    Could be a blessing JS, me too both eyes. I hate this getting old lark  :(
  • Options
    looking forward to tomorrow but kinda wish CBT wasn't playing. 
    Thank our SMT for that, wankers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Due to the train strikes I shall be stuck in Derby watching it on "Rams TV"

RED ARMY!
    What are the 3000 Derby fans doing? Some nightmarish round trip via Penzance presumably. 
  • Options
    edited February 2
    I've got my ticket & will be in the AC Stand as per. I'm going with a 3-2 win but to who is anyone's guess. 
    I’ll be in the Valley Gold box. Give me a wave!
    I’m going for a win as well, after listening to the Charlton Live pod. 
  • Options
    COYR 
  • Options
    My son was asking should he play "Nathan Jones" by Bananarama. No other versions exist he says....😄
  • Options
    Another tough game for us & a good chance to see how much we have improved with the new signings 
    Fancy we will just nick it so COYR Let's do this 

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bakinson anytime score. 6/1. 
    Looking forward to watching the game from side on, rather than from the CE Upper where the action up the far end is a bit of a blur. 
    Maybe get some new glasses?
    I have. It’s cataracts - early stages. 
    Could be a blessing JS, me too both eyes. I hate this getting old lark  :(
    It’s one thing after another isn’t it. 
  • Options
    I think a change in formation might be on here. Derby have width and as we saw at home last year they like to make the pitch big for their wide players, I can see us going to a flat back four at least for the first part of the game, we all know that teams have doubled up on CBT when he played for us and I would expect us to do the same. one all draw for me. 
  • Options
    An `Anything could happen day`
    Get stuffed
    good win
    boring draw
    but we should do our bit and not get outsung by the northern oiks.
  • Options
    Put this in the Ramsay thread but given he’s taken the shirt number 66, we could have 40, 46, 47 and 66 in a line up soon, if not tomorrow.

Why has he taken the 66 shirt?

Is he Alf Ramsey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 3
    Put this in the Ramsay thread but given he’s taken the shirt number 66, we could have 40, 46, 47 and 66 in a line up soon, if not tomorrow.

Is he Alf Ramsey.
     ‘Nathan Jones’, ‘Route 66’, I’ll be firing up the old gramaphone and switching from 33 rpm to 45 rpm and back all morning at this rate…
  • Options
    No idea on how this game will go tbh. I think a lot will depend on how the squad have reacted to the window and manager news. If it’s brought a positive vibe and confidence has returned I think we will get the 3 points and it could be a cracking game
  • Options
    clive said:

Interim Head Coach Curtis Fleming is hopeful that Macaulay Gillesphey (hamstring) and Conor Coventry (concussion) can feature this weekend, while Tayo Edun is available again having served his one-match suspension.

Michael Hector (hamstring) Chuks Aneke (hamstring) and Miles Leaburn (hamstring) remain sidelined.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/match-preview-charlton-v-derby-county-0

Disappointing Terry Taylor doesn’t even make the remain sidelined list. 

He really will be like a new signing when he appears.
  • Options
    Score draw at best. Season starts again on Monday morning under the 5th different gaffer since August. 
  • Options

Is he Alf Ramsey.
    Trent Alexander-Arnold I imagine. He got given the number when breaking through at Liverpool
    and decided to stick with it.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/393390-explained-why-trent-alexander-arnold-wears-no-66
  • Options
    edited February 3
    Players are going to be busting their guts out there today! High intensity, highly competitive, gritty & determined backs to the wall type performance. 

It’s one of those games that the safe bet is 2-0 Derby, but it’s football and when passion and desire are added to the equation, things happen!! We keep them out, they get frustrated, our crowd get enthused by the effort and we’ve got goals in the front line, give them a couple clear chances and you never know!

A little Welsh wizard has created quite a stir!
  • Options
    "Corey, what's the score, Corey, Corey what's the score!"

Choosing to be confident this week again, let's have em!

COYR!
  • Options
    edited February 3
    Think we need a miracle to get anything positive from this game. 
  • Options
    CBT, not on Sky Bet to score in game. Is there something we don’t know🙏
  • Options
    Looking forward to the Nathan Jones reveal to hopefully see Ramsay play too regardless of the result. COYRs!!