Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH PREVIEW: Charlton Athletic vs Derby County | Saturday 3rd February 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    cazo said:
    CBT, not on Sky Bet to score in game. Is there something we don’t know🙏
    I looked on there and PaddyPower, I think they’re both assuming he can’t play as he’s on loan. He’s talked about playing against us, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t.
  • Options
    looking forward to today which i wouldn't have been if apples was still here - similarly, expecting the team could put in any kind of display and get any kind of result - would have expected a defeat if apples was here - all in all, hoping today is the start of something good, with our new manager announced and a more feel good factor about the place and hopefully, most season ticket holders doing there bit and actually turning up to show support - getting the rest of the fanbase back, hopefully to follow after a better end to the season
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    cazo said:
    CBT, not on Sky Bet to score in game. Is there something we don’t know🙏
    I looked on there and PaddyPower, I think they’re both assuming he can’t play as he’s on loan. He’s talked about playing against us, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t.
    that’s what I thought,
  • Options
    Feeling oddly optimistic today as things seem to be heading in the right direction with a freshening up of the squad and a new manager incoming. 

Actually looking forward to going rather than dragging myself along.

Entertaining 2-2 with May and Ladapo on the score sheet.

• Options
    edited February 3
    Think we need a miracle to get anything positive from this game. 
    Well it does sound like it’s going to be a day for Motown at the Valley so which one do you want:

• Options
    Think we need a miracle to get anything positive from this game. 
    Why a miracle? Our players are pretty much as good as theirs
  • Options
    edited February 3
    The Derby guy who appeared on the Charlton Life pod was saying that they haven’t really played well all season, but have ground out results. But they’re still in 4th. I don’t think they’re going to be anything like as good as Bolton though. 
    2-1
  • Options
    The train issues are affecting Thameslink trains also, with some services cancelled
  • Options
    Hoping today will be a turning point in terms of level of performance now they know Jones is being installed.  You would hope whoever gets a place in the starting XI and on the bench realises this is a great opportunity to put a marker down.  That’s how I’d be thinking about having a new boss come in anyway, and the players clearly weren’t up for playing under Appleton, so should be up for it today 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We can't be that lucky two weeks running.

CBT hat-trick
    May sent off
    Ladapo misses a penalty
    Jones get cold feet at the last minute appalled by the toxic atmosphere.
    Another new era bites the dust.
    Grumpy and Golfie.
    What a double act.   :D
  • Options
    IS this the first time Derby have played at the Valley since we beat them 3-0 in that early season run in the championship? 

Gallagher scored a worldy and I was perfectly in line with it behind the goal. What a feeling that day was. Was it also the day that Jonny Williams got injured which marked the start of a long run of injuries that broke our season?
  • Options
    0-3
  • Options
    IS this the first time Derby have played at the Valley since we beat them 3-0 in that early season run in the championship? 

Gallagher scored a worldy and I was perfectly in line with it behind the goal. What a feeling that day was. Was it also the day that Jonny Williams got injured which marked the start of a long run of injuries that broke our season?
    Isn't that the game Bonne scored a cracker? Then he had his head turned by the gills  :D
  • Options
    edited February 3

We played them last season at the Valley in League One...

We won 1-0... CBT with the sole goal, second game of the season
  • Options

And they totalled pummelled us in the first half, but fortunately we eventually turned up to nick a win 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

And they totalled pummelled us in the first half, but fortunately we eventually turned up to nick a win 
    Oh yes I do remember that game now
  • Options

Oh yeah! Duh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When George Dobson was dropped _ then came on to replace McGrandalls and drove us on.
  • Options
    lol!... CBT missing with a minor injury... after all the... "Will he be allowed to play... Wont he be allowed" etc.

Our team to face CharltonJosh VickersConor Hourihane CSonny BradleyEiran CashinMax BirdJames CollinsNathaniel Mendez-LaingLouie SibleyJoe WardEbou AdamsCurtis NelsonSubs Joe Wildsmith Kane Wilson Ryan Nyambe Callum Elder Korey Smith Liam Thompson Tom Barkhuizen
  • Options
    Dobson out with a tight calf 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    When George Dobson was dropped _ then came on to replace McGrandalls and drove us on.
    Christ yeah, just noticed he's not involved today
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Dobson out with a tight calf 
    Didnt realise he was into farming
  • Options
    No Dobbo... Shite
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    CBT shat it
    As a loan, maybe he can't be included after all?
  • Options
    Dobbo misses out with a tight calf. No CBT. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Dobbo misses out with a tight calf. No CBT. 
    Thanks Colin ;)