Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2024 Six (6)Nations

Ireland start away to France.
First half Ireland very dominant, France player received a yellow and sent to the sin bin for 10 minutes, for a high tackle. Comes back on and does the same to get a second yellow, which is red.
HT score France 10- Ireland 17

Comments

• Options
    Christ I’m shitting myself here.
    We really need to bury them this second half.
    Can’t believe how poor the French have been.
    Nash on debut, local boy Crowley stepping up.

COYBIG! 🇮🇪
  • Options
    edited February 2
    Utter garbage.
    That was never a try, knocked it on.
    The maul was dragged down by the French as it was going out & yet O’Mahoney gets a sin bin?
    Digusting.
  • Options
    Didn’t expect that result. 
  • Options
    French were woeful 😳
    Delighted for the new guys, McCarthy, Nash & my boy Crowley.
    But don’t get carried away, we will need to play better to beat England imho.
    Awful French display, weird.
  • Options
    French were woeful 😳
    Delighted for the new guys, McCarthy, Nash & my boy Crowley.
    But don’t get carried away, we will need to play better to beat England imho.
    Awful French display, weird.
    If Ireland are going to win it this year, this is harder, due to the away games.
  • Options
    Italy have scored a second try. Could this be England's first ever defeat to Italy?

Hope not.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Italy have scored a second try. Could this be England's first ever defeat to Italy?

Hope not.
    It’s a very open game 
  • Options
    England scraped it. 27-24.
  • Options
    Himself has turned over.
    Wales are proper awful 😳
  • Options
    Himself has turned over.
    Wales are proper awful 😳
    Call him back into the room.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I carried on watching on my iPad while he turned over to Munster v Crusaders.
    Funnily enough it’s been turned back now I’ve told him they’ve suddenly remembered how to play rugby 😂😂😂
  • Options
    William Defoe in the crowd.
    Glad he’s not jumped on the Wrexham bandwagon.
    Good man 👍🏼🤣🤣
  • Options
    Second round of games played, both Ireland & England with 2 wins from 2. Ireland top the table with 2 bonus point wins. Next games to be played in 2 weeks, Ireland home to Wales, England away to Scotland.
  • Options
    Imagine Ireland Scotland France in a fairly easy treble in the next round 
  • Options
    edited February 12
  • Options
    He was on the Late Late Toy Show before Christmas.
    Sang it loud and proud until a couple of players sneaked up behind him. They gave him a kit and said he & his family could come to a game.
    Then up he pops yesterday and belts it out in front of a full Aviva! That takes some doing! What a wee legend 💚🇮🇪👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Ireland win with a bonus point to stay top of the table, Scotland beat the old enemy to win the Calcutta cup.

The question now is can Ireland be the first team to win back to back grand slams in the 6 Nations.
  • Options
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 
  • Options
    Cracking match that.

Good to see Italy win earlier too. 
  • Options
    Ireland win with a bonus point to stay top of the table, Scotland beat the old enemy to win the Calcutta cup.

The question now is can Ireland be the first team to win back to back grand slams in the 6 Nations.
    No 

😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was beautiful 
  • Options
    D’oth my cap, that was a cracking game.
    Well played England 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Great game. England deserved the victory. Haven't celebrated a win in rugby like that for a long time. Brilliant. 
  • Options
    Why did Ireland kick the ball with a minute to go? It cost them the game. Poor decision.
  • Options
    What a game and what a way to win it.
    Well played England - some performance.
  • Options
    The one downside of today's match is that - however unlikely - it's possible that England could win the championship ahead of Ireland. That would not be a fair reflection of the two teams, as Ireland should (will) win the Six Nations, deservedly. 

Perhaps today we saw one yeah plateauing and another improving. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    The one downside of today's match is that - however unlikely - it's possible that England could win the championship ahead of Ireland. That would not be a fair reflection of the two teams, as Ireland should (will) win the Six Nations, deservedly. 

Perhaps today we saw one yeah plateauing and another improving. 
    we live in hope  ;)
  • Options
    Well played England and hard cheese Ireland.

Apart from the cricket it's been a good day!
  • Options
    Why did Ireland kick the ball with a minute to go? It cost them the game. Poor decision.
    I think it could mark the end of Murray's international involvement, the backs were tiring and the percentage move was to let the forwards take it in to a few tackles.

Even if kicking, it should have been Lowe rather than Murray.

A disappointing performance and result for Ireland, England deserved the win and, with a more settled and confident panel would have won by more.

I did worry that the tackle on Gibson Park for Lowe's second try looked a bit high, but the officials obviously didn't share my concern.
  • Options
    Said exactly the same thing. Keep the ball - three slow rucks and game over. Instead Murray gives England one final chance with the ball. Shocking decision from a player of his experience