Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 8
    I thought he was a bit flippant with some of his responses there, but I imagine he's just keen to get started with actions rather than words
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    I wish him good luck, he will need it. But he can cut out all that inshallah baloney. His God could not care less whether he is successful as a football manager or not.  It will all be down to the owners' money; his skills as a manager/coach; and whether his players are any good.
    Ah! The Holy Trinity of Association Football.
  • Options
    Suggested all but Miles are in full training. Hope Dobbo is back. Too soon perhaps for Chuks but with only 16 games remaining we need him.
  • Options
    Did he mention if Dobbo is fit to play Saturday ?
  • Options
    He said that Aneke, Hector & Dobbo were all part of training but didn't directly say if he's ready for Saturday.
  • Options

No - he said all apart from Miles are back in training. I read that as just that - in training - they could all still be some way away from match ready.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why do people keep bashing his religion? He's clearly a man of faith, you might not be. Just leave it at that.

To be clear I am not religious in the slightest.
    I'm a devout Atheist but if he turns us into a winning team over the next couple of years I'll happily become a Jehovah's Witness or a Mormon . 
    I'm from East Grinstead so the world really is my oyster for religions - https://www.vice.com/en/article/7xkbmg/explaining-east-grinstead-the-twin-peaks-of-britain 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Love his attitude tbh. Gets the club, which I think we need in our managers. Building something. No fucking about. Win games. Tick tick tick.
    Really hope he gets a good start Sat. 

I’ve always wondered when people say he gets the club, what does that actually mean?
  • Options
    On a side note, it was great to hear some different journalists in that press conference. It’s great having Rich and/or Terry at every one but different journalists means different styles of questions and hopefully more answers for us. 

As for Jones I think he spoke well, he can be a bit curt at times but that’s just confidence I think. It certainly doesn’t come across arrogant which is how MA had got at the end, if not before 
  • Options
    I really like this guy, don't you just want to run through a brick wall for him so come on Nathan, hurry up register me as a player, I so want to play for you and this club on Saturday  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    15 mins of Welsh waffle & 30 secs about the team, and even then he didn't give any info about who could be in or out apart from that only Leaburn isn't "fit". I hope he isn't being paid by the word..........

Anyhoo, at least he has some oomph about him & should be able to get the fans behind him. Problem is, can he get the players playing.
  • Options

Nathan Jones: New Charlton Athletic manager wants to build 'really special club'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68241931
  • Options
    edited February 8
    Bilko said:
    Valley11 said:
    Love his attitude tbh. Gets the club, which I think we need in our managers. Building something. No fucking about. Win games. Tick tick tick.
    Really hope he gets a good start Sat. 

I’ve always wondered when people say he gets the club, what does that actually mean?
    He’s worked at the club and understand the history. He knows the story - exile, fighting to get back to The Valley - and knows the fans are perhaps more than at other clubs (as he said) connected to the club. I don’t think Appleton was remotely aware of that, or was and didn’t give a shit. 
  • Options
    There’s definitely a bit of the showman in Nathan. I think he likes the media stuff. He oozes confidence in himself. As long as it doesn’t become all about him and not the job I think we’ve had a result in getting him. The players that buy into it will thrive and those that don’t will be gone. Having the control he’s obviously been handed means just like Curbs before him he can shape the squad exactly how he wants it within budget. His first five games will be a baptism of fire though I think.
  • Options
    Why do people keep bashing his religion? He's clearly a man of faith, you might not be. Just leave it at that.

To be clear I am not religious in the slightest.
    I'm a devout Atheist but if he turns us into a winning team over the next couple of years I'll happily become a Jehovah's Witness or a Moron
    Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    edited February 8

Working class... Working Class?! Wait til Henners gets a whiff of that

#JonesOut