Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blue cards and Sin Bins trials successful

2»

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Was my post about why I am not against it too complicated to understand? Only people are saying they are against it without taking into account what I have written. 

Do you not think it is fairer for the team sinned against to get the advantage right away, rather than another team a week later? If not, why not? 
    Yes
    ;-)
    I even added the "if not why not", and still got yes'd...  :D  
    I was answering "yes" to the first question - "is it too complicated to understand".

Once I got that far it was too complicated to read the rest!
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 9
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Was my post about why I am not against it too complicated to understand? Only people are saying they are against it without taking into account what I have written. 

Do you not think it is fairer for the team sinned against to get the advantage right away, rather than another team a week later? If not, why not? 
    Yes
    ;-)
    I even added the "if not why not", and still got yes'd...  :D  
    I was answering "yes" to the first question - "is it too complicated to understand".

Once I got that far it was too complicated to read the rest!
    ;-)
    Proper LOL at that one mate. 👍🏻 
  • Options
    Just give straight reds for deliberate fouls of that kind, dissent too, if the refs went in harsh on it the players would stop doing it within one or two matches.

Same with diving, straight red and watch how quickly players stop doing it. 
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:
    Just give straight reds for deliberate fouls of that kind, dissent too, if the refs went in harsh on it the players would stop doing it within one or two matches.

Same with diving, straight red and watch how quickly players stop doing it. 
    great idea and logic .. it'll never happen though ..

an aside .. watching Prem Football on TV very often a situation occurs where a defender briefly grabs an opponents shirt in the penalty area to stop his impetus .. no penalty is awarded by either the referee or VAR .. TV pundits always say things like 'not enough for a penalty for me' .. f f s where does it say in the laws that 'minor shirt pulling is allowed' .. IF it's  against the laws, it's a penalty .. BUT as above, it'll never happen, minor infringements are ignored ..  the reason (or excuse) is probably to speed up the game and go for 'continuous play' and (word of the decade) momentum
  • Options
    Will they be navy, baby, cobalt, midnight, turquoise, cornflower, powder, ultramarine, azure, cerulean, Columbia, cyan, electric, Maya, oxford, royal, sapphire, aqua, Egyptian, Prussian, tiffany, beau, Air Force or Millwall blue?
  • Options
    Just give referees the respect they deserve. Stop the crowding and mobbing of refs by players and only allow the captain to approach and make representation. Any breach is a strait yellow. Apart from that change I would support I can’t see any need to add another card. Give refs the authority and respect in the same way we see in rugby and I think problems are solved. Shirt pulling is a foul. A cynical foul. Straight yellow. 
    Not enough. Losing the player for part of the game is more of a deterrent. 
  • Options
    I saw a blue card handed out at a Lewisham Borough game this season. Opposition keeper shouted at the ref and off he went for 10 minutes, outfield player had to go in goal. In these situations I imagine in the middle of the game you won't want to use a sub for a keeper and then end up with 2 on the pitch after 10 minutes. It was glorious non league chaos.